PDA

View Full Version : hi

deeayen
15-10-05, 02:51 PM
hey... cant find anywhere else to put this so just thought id say hi

so hi.....

i got a problem..... probably in the wrong section but .......

i plated css round me bro's...... n wanted a play at home so i bought it.... my computer was too slow so i built another one....

but it dont work at all..... when i click on css it goes black n then the screen comes up n says its l;oading.... then it just goes back to windows..... i have tried taking dx back to 8.1 and even 7.0 and reloaded it twice but still nothing.....

hope someone can help

Magman
15-10-05, 03:05 PM
What? hello... english.... I though I was bad...

pitchblack
15-10-05, 03:07 PM
What part didn't you get.
Hi and :welcome:

helios
15-10-05, 03:10 PM
i sort of understood that.....

So, firstly, :welcome: deeayen.

secondly, can you post the specs of your machine (CPU, GFX card, RAM, hdd, net connection), operating system and any error codes?

Also, are you running the latest drivers for your hardware? and does this rig give any problems doing other things?

Is there anything running which could be interfereing (spyware? What virus scanner you got? firewall?)? and is windows up to date with patches? and what SP level?

McBain
15-10-05, 03:13 PM
:fyi: Moved to HL & Mods forum :)

deeayen
15-10-05, 03:20 PM
thanks for moving.... thought would be in wrong place lmao

my machine is a gigabyte 8pe1000g board (i think)p4 2.5ghz, 2x 512/400 running dual channel, geforce 5600 256... 40 gb hdd... 1 meg connection... windows xp.... no errors...otherwise computer runs fine doing everything else.
drivers r all up 2 date as i had no cd witht he voard... had to download them all...

no other software running..... almost still a fresh install of windows... no antivirus or anything...... installed with sp2

thanks

helios
15-10-05, 03:24 PM
hmm, do you have SP2 on? and is there a firewall anywhere between you and the outside world that could be stopping you getting out?

Is it just css? or does the same happen for other source games?
For the gfx card, are you running the latest forceware drivers?
Have you got DX9.0C installed?

deeayen
15-10-05, 03:30 PM
sp2 is not turned on if its not done automatically lol

i dont think its a firewall cos i had it running on my old pc.... it was just too slow....

ive tried no other games

dx9.0 installed when i did the graphics drivers n saids it wouldnt be updated when i installed steam etc....

Poo Bear
16-10-05, 12:19 AM
try another high powered game, hl2 uses alot of system power
if its kicking out could it be when its trying to render at all and gfx cards not liking it? from what i can see you should have no issues, i was running it on a lower spec than that

if all fails that awful word.....format?!

pitchblack
16-10-05, 05:10 PM
format
Thats what he is doing ATM, then he is bringing round mine and im gonna see if i can do it.

deeayen
16-10-05, 10:39 PM
update.......

today i was gonna format my vpc after trying one last thing.... i have 3 sticks of memory as of today.... a 1 gb stick n 2 x 512,,, thought maybe this could be the problem.
its not......

n now i cant find a disc that actually wo rks.... they cant all bew fucked but y wont my computer boot from any of them

pitchblack
16-10-05, 10:41 PM
wheres the disc i gave you?

deeayen
16-10-05, 10:42 PM
lost lmao
no idea where i put it....

helios
17-10-05, 06:07 AM
well, if its dual chanbnel memory, that memory configuration will not be helping matters. you can't run dual channel on 3 sticks of ram.

deeayen
17-10-05, 11:34 PM
when i nput in the extra peice it changed to sigle channel itself

deeayen
17-10-05, 11:35 PM
i got it working now by formatting anyway

what r the servers u guys use?

deeayen
17-10-05, 11:36 PM
i got it working now anyway.... by formatting lol

what r the servers u guys use?

helios
18-10-05, 06:22 AM
our own ones, listed on the portal page.

28-10-05, 05:50 PM
hi and :wave: