PDA

View Full Version : Admin

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
23-10-05, 11:37 AM
Alright guys, what do I need to do to obtain some form of admin status. I seem to be getting TKed at the moment and purposely shot down to under 20 HP by my own team (all players I've not seen on the server before). Unfortunately there never seems to be an admin at hand to help out and "I'm gonna tell admin on you!" doesn't seem to have the desired effect.

I am in need of the ability to punish :twisted:

ArTFuL DoDGeR
23-10-05, 12:41 PM
well first of all unlucky damn it lol. and you need to donate to LNY to get an admin status i will be doing this soon hopefully and then this lets you use the MANI ADMIN features it would probally better if you spoke to McBain or one of the other CL's about this though as im not too familiar with it

Stokes

McBain
23-10-05, 02:00 PM
Yeah, Basic Admin requires a minimum of

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
23-10-05, 02:59 PM
Does this involve the ability to burn, freeze or do other cool things to Tkers? And do I just set up a DD or pay via paypal?

McBain
23-10-05, 03:03 PM
Umm, you can do admin messages, change maps, slap, gimp, start votes, time, freeze and fire bombs as well as beacons. :)

As for payment, DD is prefered for two reasons. Paypal take a nice little chunk of a small payment like

ArTFuL DoDGeR
23-10-05, 05:25 PM
Ok i might also do this soon when ive
1. Got a job
2. Got a bank account

This shouldnt be long hopefully before the end of November
if thats ok

Stokes

twist
12-07-06, 06:55 PM
give cash??

Can you give cash?? :D

Sharky
12-07-06, 07:05 PM
yes twist, you can donate real money to lanarchy. it needs to pay for the servers you see. if you are intrested give mcbain a shout at some point and i am sure he can answer any questions you have. :D

NcA
12-07-06, 07:16 PM
Hmm, I've been contemplating this pretty much since I joined. There've been too many occasions in which I've had to deal with rude little kids/hackers/tkers/general assholes, in the past month. And everybody assumes I'm admin due to the [LNY] tag attatched to my name, so when the time comes and it turns out I'm powerless things get ugly. Oh and I'm also sick of having to go find helios/penguin/fiddy/mcb/et al. and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

Anyways, I must wait until I gain employment, before I partake in this whole thing, but put me down on the list!

jezzag
12-07-06, 07:44 PM
yo cant the server have a thing like votekick like other servers have

no one likes to play with a stinker and so they usually vote to get rid

peace

:)

FIDDY
12-07-06, 07:51 PM
I don't think that would be a good idea as people can then kick people just for the reason they dont like them or that they are just having a joke. Then people just argue and it causes more trouble

jezzag
12-07-06, 08:04 PM
yea

but if you have a high number for kicking like 16 or 12
they would of voted for a good reason

:)

ollie_b
12-07-06, 08:40 PM
I think putting the "votekick2 or "voteban" would just cause arguments!! If people are TKing you, type in STATUS in console and get their steam ID with a screen shot of them doing it or vid (if poss) then let an admin deal with it!!

zedninja
15-07-06, 11:17 AM
:offtopic: btw like ur sig fiddy :

Bob47
15-07-06, 05:51 PM
one that is a really bad post i have to say but also can i pay for the servers and have a reserved slot on the BF2 server if it isnt too much trouble. i will pay in large chunks at a time or maby just from LAN to LAN but what ever is easyist

Sharky
15-07-06, 06:55 PM
bob, i am sure if you talk to mcb about it, you and he can come to an arrangement. try to catch him sometime and ask :thumbs:

McBain
15-07-06, 09:56 PM
For CSS and BF2 is atleast

Bob47
16-07-06, 09:06 AM
ok i will brin money to lan thanks for all the help