PDA

View Full Version : Starting Cash amount

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
23-10-05, 11:59 PM
Alright guys, I had a couple of questions tonight that I said I would pass on:

1. Is it possible to reduce the starting cash amount to $800 to ensure the teams are equal in terms of weapons at the start of a game. At the moment the CTs can buy a TMP (I think) whilst the Ts are limited to pistols. This gives the CTs quite a decent advantage at the start of any round.

2. Is there anything you can to to force newcomers to the game to join the team with the least players? At the moment people are joining the winning team even though this makes the teams more uneven. At one point in the game because someone left just after someone joined the winning team we were 12 v 8 (or 9). It seemed that we were 2 men down every round (we were playing pretty dire though and getting owned so not surprised no-one wanted to join us :D ).

Thought I'd post it here so everyone can have a say.

McBain
24-10-05, 05:40 AM
Yeah, I was wondering about dropping the start money down to $800 as it should be. Any thoughts anyone?

Hmm, which server was the unbalanced match on? ETB usually does a reasonable job of forcing people to the losing side when it needs to. I can check that is all working I guess.

Sc00by
24-10-05, 06:24 AM
1) I agree, $800 gets my vote.

2) What where the team scores? ETB is good at stopping people joining a team that is 12-2 up, but only actually has 5 players so they spend a few rounds getting owned...

helios
24-10-05, 07:12 AM
as i've already said recently, ETB seens to have gone on holliday....

But assault is the worse, last night i had some one trick BadBoy into switching to CT, just so that they could get back to T. And, badboy switching to CT actually balanced the game.

Could we add a new rule to the servers? "stay where you are put by ETB"?

Mincemeat
24-10-05, 11:05 AM
$800 is a good starting salary for T's and CT's lol. It also replicates the same amount when playing matches!

z0na
24-10-05, 02:58 PM
maybe 1100 so you can buy a grenade or a flashbang

and when a team looses, give them asmutch money as the winning team
because if you cant buy a proper gun you wont win against someone with an ak or a ma4

helios
24-10-05, 03:29 PM
thats why you do something called saving.... very valuable skill these days ;)

anyway, i paste people with M4s/AKs alot with a deagle.

z0na
24-10-05, 03:31 PM
and that is called LUCK :P

or NOOBS :P

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
24-10-05, 03:57 PM
Yeah I agree with changing the starting amount to $800, makes it fairer all round.

Also agree that ETB (on the dust server) seems to have taken some sort of holiday. Whichever players it is swapping it isn't doing a good job at evening up the teams. Last night it was swapping players but it was swapping players with fairly equal scores (ie. 2 duff players or 2 decent players). That doesn't really even the teams it just swaps people for the sake of swapping them. You'd be better off swapping a medium/good player with someone not quite so good.

I don't think many people would be too happy with the not moving once swapped by ETB rule. A lot of people enjoy playing as CT or as T and would just leave the server if they couldn't play their preferred side. To be fair it's only noobs who swap to the winning side, most people tend to play a favoured role most of the time unless swapped by ETB. Do admin have any way of moving people back to their original team (this is aimed at winning team joiners or people who swap teams and in the process make them unequal?)

z0na
24-10-05, 04:05 PM
basic admins cant swap people!!!

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
24-10-05, 04:13 PM
Well that's me told! :)

ArTFuL DoDGeR
24-10-05, 04:14 PM
1) yes i agree with dropping the starting money to 800 as especially on the assault server at the start cts can get TMP's and the T's can only get Pistols

2) ETB is very annoying when you are onm the winning team on first position doing very well and just getting into the swing of things, when suddenly your switched to the opposite team, but i supose this only makes things fair, people should be more mature in evening the teams though :(

Stokes

Could we not edit this thread so it has a poll on whether to drop the money to 800 or to keep it at 1400?

helios
24-10-05, 04:56 PM
some of us can swap people to the other team, or to spec if they have been very bad.......

But, last night, there was this guy on, who tricked badboy into switching to CT just so he could get back onto T on assault.... :/

z0na
24-10-05, 04:58 PM
But, last night, there was this guy on, who tricked badboy into switching to CT just so he could get back onto T on assault.... :/

but when the switch stays fair, i dont think this is a probem or is it?

McBain
24-10-05, 05:49 PM
I've removed the duplicate thread and made this one a poll :)

I don't quite understand how you guys say ETB is doing this, but it no longer does a good job? Nothing has changed with it, it should either be swapping people or its broke... and doing nothing?

BaDBoY UK
24-10-05, 07:10 PM
Lol at anyone who doesnt think its possible to paste someone who has an ak with a deagle - the desert eagle has to be the most powerful first round gun ever.... well, in the right hands that is (not mine though) :)

of course the ak/m4 has the power of accuracy at far distances but the first few rounds of any game should be warmup and gauging individual tactics of the enemy and/or your team...

so my thoughts are that changing the money down from 1400 to 800 wont change much - expect the ct's wont be able to buy the tmp, and t's wont be able to buy the mac10 (with 30 bullets anyway) or the dual elites

however - id suggest anyone to become proficient with the deagle - the most powerful backup weapon on css

happy hunting to all

BaDBoY :twisted:

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
24-10-05, 07:45 PM
Regarding ETB, McB you were just on the Dust server so may have seen this top class swap. The round score is pretty much equal but the Ts have just won 3 rounds on the trot and have 1 more player than the CTs. I am top of CTs with a score of 20 - 7 so what happens when ETB decides to make things fair?

It puts me on the Ts and gives the CTs a player who is 8 - 7. Not too sure what the criteria is for the swapping but that one just made the game harder for the losing team. Are you able to set the criteria for swaps or make any adjustments? With swaps like that I think it may need tweaking somewhat.

McBain
24-10-05, 10:07 PM
That might have been just after I left. I know when I joined CT were 4-1 up, I noticed too late as I joined CT and realised I should be on T (was 11 players each before me) so I swapped. T then won a couple of rounds... and I left. I would guess T would still have needed a bit of help though? No one on the T's had a very good score did they? It looks at that quite a bit I think, kills minus deaths sort of thing.

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
24-10-05, 10:27 PM
I'm not sure about the rest of the team to be honest but their best player had a better score than mine. The swap may have based on the rest of the team then.