PDA

View Full Version : Id like to request to be an admin

BaDBoY UK
26-10-05, 04:29 PM
I play alot on all servers and I have just been called a NIGGER by some little clan of farts

Id like to be able to kick people like this to ensure people are treated fairly - I have a screenshot of this but they left before I got ss of Steam_id

I am willing to pay the 5 a month for this privilidge and promise not to abuse it

Let me know asap

Thanks

helios
26-10-05, 04:38 PM
hmm, did you get the time this incident happened?

[OLSC]Fizban
26-10-05, 04:43 PM
The screenshot file timestamp for example...

Fiz

FIDDY
26-10-05, 05:59 PM
i also have asked to become admin.
i feel it would be better on the servers without the people abusing people and being racist etc.

BaDBoY UK
26-10-05, 06:26 PM
16:57 today the ss was taken - assualt server

dre
26-10-05, 07:08 PM
I would also like to become an admin aswell. I feel the more admins there are the better money contribution lny gets. Also it would help keep the server more abuse free. So please may i become an admin??? (obviously i would pay the

McBain
26-10-05, 10:31 PM
First question, how would you guys be contributing? Paypal, cheque or bank transfer?

Secondly, I would say some of the newer guys to the clan, give us a few weeks to get to know you all better. I'm sure you can appreciate that we don't just give admin out to anyone, but yes, we do need a few more admins :thumbs:

One thing I would say. I would rather not see LNY members who don't have authority, telling other players they will be banned. That is for the admins to decide. Feel free to tell them their steam ID's will be reported, give us the details (steam ID, player name, server, time and what said/done) and then leave it with us. Thank you.

helios
26-10-05, 10:41 PM
:that:

Remember, pretending to be an admin is against out rules and, no matter who you are, can get a ban.

BaDBoY UK
27-10-05, 12:38 AM
Thats cool by me, i.e. the waiting a few weeks part. Of course you need to know me (and maybe others) a little better before you hand out such power, but with great power comes great responsibility .... hmm where have I heard thet before ? :lol:

Anyway Id to request it now so that in a month or so when you know Im not a hacker bent on revenge of all noobs we can sort it quicker

P.S. Direct debit of course McBain

Happy hunting

BaDBoY :twisted:

dre
27-10-05, 10:24 AM
I would pay by check but im not 100% sure yet as i may be able to pay by another method. Yes of course i will wait of few more weeks so u can get to know me better :)

FIDDY
27-10-05, 10:25 AM
im not so sure how i would pay the

Lestat
27-10-05, 12:55 PM
No offense the cheque thing can be a pain. It would be much better by Direct debit or paypal. WIth DD being the preferred/. Cheque means that mcbain would have to go to the bank and you would also have to be regular with you payments.

FIDDY
27-10-05, 02:25 PM
well i think if i did do it by cheque then i would send

dre
27-10-05, 05:09 PM
I could pay by direct debit if that is less of a problem????

AGTDenton
27-10-05, 10:39 PM
I play alot on all servers and I have just been called a NIGGER by some little clan of farts
I can vouch for you there! I was on the server at the same time, yes they were annoying

BaDBoY UK
27-10-05, 10:49 PM
Yes frustrating indeed :evil:

dre
30-10-05, 12:17 PM
Please may i become an admin. I would not abuse the rights. One of the reasons i want to become an admin is when i am on the assualt server (which i am on quite a lot) there is always some abuse or someone camping behind ct spawn.When i ask them to get down and tell them if they dont i will inform an admin but there never seems to be a admin when one is needed! I have no grudges against anyone at all, so will not go around kicking people for no reason either.

ArTFuL DoDGeR
30-10-05, 12:28 PM
Ok first things first you do have to donate to the running of the servers (minimum of

McBain
30-10-05, 12:56 PM
I've tacked this request onto the others ;) (In which you've already posted... :?: )

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
30-10-05, 01:13 PM
McB, is there anyway of having a command in game so people can get hold of the admin's xfire details (#xfire or something)? That way they should always be able to get hold of someone when there's a problem.

ArTFuL DoDGeR
30-10-05, 01:19 PM
do you mean like when you press "scroll lock + X" at the same time and then you press F1, then F3 and you can speak to anyone on your X-Fire friends list?

Stokes

pitchblack
30-10-05, 01:22 PM
no i think he means like when you say
#admin it gives you a list.

ArTFuL DoDGeR
30-10-05, 01:27 PM
ooo yes i get you now, i think that would be a good idea yea then it wouldnt leave it down to everyone in LNY to get the admins and incase someoone from LNY isn't on.

Totally agree

Stokes

helios
30-10-05, 01:34 PM
hmm, it could be done with a weblink (like rules and motd).

McBain
30-10-05, 02:24 PM
Yeah, thats what I'm wondering.

The only downside to Xfire, they have to get added to your friends list, they can't just send a direct message can they? It is now the most widely used messenger amongst admins though...

Is there anyway of getting an HTML link that adds someone to you Xfire, like has been done in the past with MSN and ICQ and such?

helios
30-10-05, 03:55 PM
hmm, no idea. other option is a java IRC client within the in-game webrowser, that connects to #lny

dre
30-10-05, 04:56 PM
Of corse i would pay the

ArTFuL DoDGeR
30-10-05, 05:08 PM
WOOO, Dre i don't know about other people not being good at maths but your english isn't too good is it, lol.

[quote:5fbac55cf1]

[OLSC]Fizban
30-10-05, 05:21 PM
You can do webpage to Jabber intergation I belive (and google talk uses the jabber protocol)

Fiz

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
30-10-05, 05:29 PM
McB, an admin kinda question so have added it here:

As basic admin can I write stuff in green on the screen? When I'm trying to warn people or respond as admin it gets lost in the other text at the moment

Cheers :poop:

helios
30-10-05, 05:32 PM
yes, u can

McBain
30-10-05, 05:43 PM
I'm fairly sure you can, type 'ma_say message'.

z0na
30-10-05, 07:01 PM
or type @"type what you gotta say"

dre
30-10-05, 08:45 PM
My request to become an admin any answer please??

[OLSC]Fizban
30-10-05, 08:53 PM
Secondly, I would say some of the newer guys to the clan, give us a few weeks to get to know you all better. I'm sure you can appreciate that we don't just give admin out to anyone, but yes, we do need a few more admins :thumbs:
:roll:

Penguin
06-11-05, 11:04 AM
Fizban]You can do webpage to Jabber intergation I belive (and google talk uses the jabber protocol)

Fiz

Or we could use ICQ:

http://www.icq.com/panels/wwp/

McBain
06-11-05, 08:04 PM
Looks useful. Penguin, do you think you could put something together so they can say #report and an html page pops up, so they can message an admin (or all admins?) If not all, how do they select which admin they message? :?

Penguin
06-11-05, 08:35 PM
Yeah, I'll get on it.

I'm testing the ICQ thing at the moment

With ICQ, you can have a image that says if people are online or not. We could have a few people with ICQ, and it says online or offline.

They then click on that persons name, and fill out the form.

However, I'm not too sure if you can have two people logging into one ICQ account at once. If you can, just one ICQ account is needed, and admins can log into that.

Penguin
06-11-05, 10:23 PM
Right, sorry for double post.

You cant login both at the same time.

I've made a small couple of pages. It worked first time ,but not any more, so can people try to use it.

I've jsut used my own ICQ for the moment, other people can and will be added
http://www.penguin133.co.uk/LNYICQ/

edit: works in IE, not FF. But luckily, Steam uses a stripped down version of IE in CSS :ele:
edit2: Ok, now it doesnt work second time. Perhaps a cookie stops you spamming it?
edit3: Ok, it does work. The name field needs to be email, as it wont work without an email. I will change it in the morning.

McBain
07-11-05, 05:39 AM
Cool :thumbs: Any ideas now how we cope with the fact we have several admins, and which one will it message? There's no way of setting up one ICQ account that will all have is there? It wouldn't let us all be logged in. I guess we could have someone 'on duty'?

Mind you, shame its ICQ and not Xfire, if you're actually playing, you wont necessarily see the message. :?

Lestat
07-11-05, 08:49 AM
um i already use icq so will be a real pain for me to switch as i hav emine on alot

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
07-11-05, 04:09 PM
Probably a real noob question, what's ICQ? If you can't get messages whilst playing how useful will it be?

Penguin
07-11-05, 04:32 PM
ICQ is another chat protocol. You may be able to get messages during games, but not like xfire. With this, it would popup at the side with one message, when you could alt-tab out.

A "on duty" idea would kind of work. As one person logs in, the other automatically gets logged out.