PDA

View Full Version : sick of being accused of hacking

chunk
29-10-05, 10:17 AM
Is the anything i can do to stop people accusing me of hacking cause it happens almost everytime im on unless there regs who know that i dont hack, they say i hack because of the number of headshots i get, i must admit even im surprised how many headshots i get, also to one of them i explained that my ct model has a bright blue helmet which hepls pick out the head. ill give the link of an image of the skin and see if u think i can keep it or change it to another model

Skin (http://www.csbanana.com/?section=plugin.imageview&image=http://www.csbanana.com/skins/images/db/ingame/csbskin_1118919733_847464648_world.jpg)

i think its ok wot ive got but if admins think different let me know and ill change it

Sc00by
29-10-05, 10:19 AM
yeah that's cheating :roll: Standard skins only. (I'm surprised that the server lets you join with a different model tbh)

McBain
29-10-05, 10:29 AM
Funnily enough, Helios was only asking this morning to remove sv_consistency totally... We currently have it set to 1, which I believe means no one can join with large models, making it easier to see them when people are hiding. We can set it to 2, which means everything must exactly match what the servers has, skins and all...

Tough call to say your skin is definitly cheating, but I would go so far as to say it is verging on it for sure. Any different skin that gives you an advantage over the normal skins will often be classed as cheating.

chunk
29-10-05, 10:30 AM
kk ty ill change it now

Sc00by
29-10-05, 10:32 AM
Well, sorry, stuff helios and set it to 2. It's one less thing people can accuse others of doing - and that's a good thing.

BaDBoY UK
29-10-05, 10:36 AM
I'm probably not the person anyone will listen to right now, but I have spent quite some time gettin together a nice set of weapon skins, ones that do not allow me to 'hack' but ones i like the look of. Although these could be changed quite easily, the original model skins are awful and hence my desire to update them.

I have not changed my player model skins, other than to change their physics (see the post about the physics engine with models). So, bottom line, I would not like to see consistency set to full because I like my weapon skins

and tbh, chunk is an awesome player with or without his models - I know this because he gets more hs's AS ct, than t (from my experience), so changing his ct skin wont change a thing

my pennies worth sorry for length

chunk
29-10-05, 10:36 AM
that would no mean no skins atall wouldnt it

FIDDY
29-10-05, 10:38 AM
i have only just got some weapon skins for the first time!
don't go and change it as soon as i got em plz so i have to get rid

chunk
29-10-05, 10:41 AM
some skins dont give u an advantage, as most dont ave w_ models which then it is the orignal models that everyone else sees, i see the point wid player skins but not weapon skins

Sc00by
29-10-05, 10:43 AM
:evillaugh:

I certainly don't think we should get rid of the checker!

Someone answer this question for me: on the setting it is on atm what is to stop someone having bright yellow CT skins and bright pink T ones?

McBain
29-10-05, 10:46 AM
You want bright pink skins? :side:

:lol:

BaDBoY UK
29-10-05, 10:47 AM
so bottom line, is there a way to STOP different model SKINS being used, but avoid people having to revert to their original (crummy) weapon skins???

chunk
29-10-05, 10:48 AM
yeah who would want pink skins, i ave class skins resident evil based, samurai edge for deagle and start pistol for 5-7 and elites

Sc00by
29-10-05, 10:50 AM
Ok pink was a bad example :P

chunk
29-10-05, 10:51 AM
lol it was

nea
29-10-05, 10:54 AM
thats scooby's fav going out colour! Pink and yellow shoes!! im so lucky im at home and not at the lan!!!

Sc00by
29-10-05, 10:57 AM
*adds one cuff round the head to the list*

;)

AGTDenton
29-10-05, 04:33 PM
This skinning explains many things though, many many things!
This will be the cause of a lot of lag

I've always just stuck to the original game settings, call me boring but i dont really see the point of customising CS. If you want to customise it that much y not just bring out a whole new HL2 mod ??? Samurai swords tho!!! that sounds like it could be a cool mod :D lol

That said it would be nice if valve were actually part of the modern day world and got involved with the community, the original skins have sucked for a long time.
I can never be bothered to spend time modifying games to make them look like an art gallery.

In reply to the original post. I've learnt to ignore the cheat/hack remarks instead i put a sticker up everytime i do get accused.

Simon
29-10-05, 05:43 PM
i dont see how they'd cause lag as it's a client-side thing, although i think skins should be banned/disabled (consistency set to 2) as i think they give an unfair advantage to the people with them

helios
29-10-05, 11:52 PM
basically, the reason i asked about consistency was because our servers seem really inconsistent (sorry for the pun), but sometimes i can get on with my weapon skins, and some times i can't, i have no problem with many other servers.

sv_consistency 1 should stop the player model/skin being changed though :?

dre
30-10-05, 11:13 AM
i agree. I have weapon skins but not have any player models. Yes also i do agree differnet ct and t models does give you an advantage!!

ArTFuL DoDGeR
30-10-05, 01:12 PM
i have almost every different one of my weapons changed with a different skin, and like my most people i dont do it so i can cheat and see people clearer i do it because the other skind basicaly suck, and if you change the weapon skins it brings more interest back into the game i use the Galil a lot more now because i find the skin a lot better than the original one.

stokes

MonkeySpunk
30-10-05, 02:42 PM
Is anyone else have problems using skins for t's i cant change them, ct's are fine but t's is just boring old default. read all the tutorials etc browsed forums but no joy yet

McBain
30-10-05, 03:31 PM
How do you mean you can't change them? Steam itself wont let you? Do you get an error message?

ArTFuL DoDGeR
30-10-05, 10:32 PM
No i understand what your on about monkey i get this aswell i have tried 2 Terrorist skins and neither have worked i have put all the correct files in the correct folders but still they dont work :S

Stokes

chunk
30-10-05, 10:39 PM
i got some terro skins workin all u ave to do is rename the file/s to t_phoenix. But u aint allowed player skins as they give u and unfair advantage, as that is what this topic is suppose to be about

Penguin
30-10-05, 10:44 PM
I think we should, if there is a way, allow custom weapons skins but not player custom skins.

This is because CSS is meant to be fun. I would have to reinstall CSS if we got stricter rules. I like having custom weapon skins and sounds, it makes things look nicer, and sometimes makes me play better as the gun looks and sounds more beefy :thumbs:

helios
31-10-05, 08:36 AM
hmm, i think that what we need is a way to take a shot of "what the player sees", so that if someone seems too good, or is getting too many HS, we can take a snap and check it for skins that give an unfair advantage.

I know there is something like this for COD (PVP - Players View Point), but i haven't found anything for CSS :( , so it may be a dead end.

chunk
31-10-05, 09:11 AM
i can give u a screen of what i see now, (but not right now im in college)

McBain
31-10-05, 09:27 AM
No, its okay. I think the point Helios is making is, if you suspect someone is cheating, it would be great to get a screenie of what they actually see.

Kbrothers
31-10-05, 10:11 AM
2bh i dont think having skins makes a difference- i dotn play with skins and im pretty good? it is pyschological. ppl only think that they do better when they change something. y do people make such a fuss over this skin thing. next thing will be that people have their brightness level on full so they can see in the dark!

helios
31-10-05, 10:49 AM
No, its okay. I think the point Helios is making is, if you suspect someone is cheating, it would be great to get a screenie of what they actually see.

exactly mcbain.

@ kbrothers, so you are basically saying that some one who has the players with bright pink spikes coming out of their heads and red faces woundn.t give that player an advantage?

BaDBoY UK
31-10-05, 10:59 AM
well, anyone can design a skin that makes the head of either team stand out and one would never know, because whatever you see is based on your models

so, the only fool proof way to ensure skins do not give a player an advantage, would be to set consistency to full (2 i believe) but I am very against this because, unlike what KB said, my skins just add to the joy playin cs, not to my ability (as im mediocre either way)

weapon skins, and for that matter weapon sounds can make no difference to how you play, but they just make it more enjoyable. i have an awesome skin of the latest prototype xm8 rifle for my sig, and it makes a cool sound too - but this doesnt mean i'm able to frag better, it just means i get better screenies and videos of in game play

chunk: you know you dont hack, everyone who matters knows you dont hack. if anyone has evidence on you let em bring it here, otherwise i suggest you simply take the allegations with a pinch of salt

just my pennies worth

BaDBoY

McBain
31-10-05, 11:27 AM
I miss being accused of cheating :( I always take it as a compliment. You jump out of a doorway and take off 3 people's heads, they all start shouting 'cheater'... feels good ;) Of course I usually then as what cheat they think I'm using and is not possible to shoot three people before they kill me then, and usually they shut up.

Still, I haven't been accused in ages :( I guess too many people on our own servers know me? Maybe now I'm just crap? :lol:

chunk
31-10-05, 01:11 PM
nah its better on assault when u drop in form vents and kill bout 5 wid headshots, as badboy can vouch for me, ive done it so many times

chunk
31-10-05, 01:20 PM
2bh i dont think having skins makes a difference- i dotn play with skins and im pretty good? it is pyschological. ppl only think that they do better when they change something. y do people make such a fuss over this skin thing. next thing will be that people have their brightness level on full so they can see in the dark!

i think its to do wid confidence with a certain gun, e.g i could not use the sg552(or 550) cant remember which one but i changed the model and now i can use it just aswell as the ak/m4, its the sam efor me with the gail

helios
31-10-05, 02:06 PM
so, the only fool proof way to ensure skins do not give a player an advantage, would be to set consistency to full (2 i believe) but I am very against this because, unlike what KB said, my skins just add to the joy playin cs, not to my ability (as im mediocre either way)

That's why the player's viewpoint screenshot thing is a good idea, because it geths what the player sees, hence players viewpoint, and it get skins and all (including hud skins, hack stuff, etc. etc.). all i know is that despite alot of effort, i have currently been unable to find this for Source, but i am still looking.

chunk
31-10-05, 04:38 PM
found sommat very interesting on steams forums bout skins

Custom skins, sounds, etc. WILL NOT get you banned. However some custom skin packs also have cheats installed. Be VERY careful about what you are installing before you install it.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138233

do u think there will be any way of detecting if skins have hacks suck as lower recoil.

i just everyone ought to know bout this, cause im considering removing all my skins

Lestat
31-10-05, 04:41 PM
that is why i am playing on other servers now mcbain. a get to practise awping be i get accused of cheating woohoo :)

Penguin
31-10-05, 05:05 PM
do u think there will be any way of detecting if skins have hacks suck as lower recoil.

They don't mean it like that. They mean it like, you download a "custom skin pack" .zip/.rar/.exe, it installs the skins and a cheat/virus/trojan.

The ones from www.csbanana.com are fine, as they don't have viruses/cheats etc.

chunk
31-10-05, 05:41 PM
ah right, i just thought people ought to see that thread though

AGTDenton
31-10-05, 06:04 PM
i dont see how they'd cause lag as it's a client-side thing, although i think skins should be banned/disabled (consistency set to 2) as i think they give an unfair advantage to the people with themI can imagine some skins are big in terms of file size and textures which can cause FPS issues thus higher pings.

Sgt. Stadanko
07-11-05, 07:47 PM
I agree with Chunk, it would be good to raise awareness of certain skin packs which people could download and then get VAC banned because they unknowingly had hacks on their system.

I just leave stuff as it is, if you do try and use skins and rates to your advantage you're only cheating yourself aswell as other people. Maybe the distribution of third party skins should be regulated by the developers, but that would take away any sense of individuality.

As for being accused of hacking, lap it up while it lasts m8. 8-)