PDA

View Full Version : Assault Server - Italy too?

McBain
29-10-05, 11:12 AM
It's been brought up that perhaps some people would like more maps added to the assault server. One inparticular is Italy.

Please place your votes and make any relavent comments.

Also, please suggest to any other regulars on the assault server to come and let us know their views. Little moaning will be accepted afterwards, if they don't make their fealings known now :)

BaDBoY UK
29-10-05, 11:16 AM
italy (defo), maybe also aztec or another map that isnt already being used by LNY's awesomely fast servers

pitchblack
add italy as well and only italy as assault is brilliant and cant be betean it does get a bit borng some times as it is so one sided.

Penguin
I think we should add 2 or 3 more maps, assault maps like assault2005, so that the close combat, fast paced, rushing building style is stil kept.

BaDBoY UK
29-10-05, 11:17 AM
actually penguin's idea is ideal - but others may feel italy needs to be represented

we'll see from the poll

McBain
29-10-05, 11:23 AM
I've included that vote option now. It was an idea we had a while ago, add more custom assault maps like assault_2005 and assaultvilla...

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
29-10-05, 11:25 AM
I'd love to see Italy and Aztec added to the cycle. I'd probably spend as much time on the that server as I do on the dust server if you guys did that. If we turn out to be any good on those maps it might give us a few more options for clan matches aswell

( :gunner: Damn it rubs his hands in anticipation of being able to own some more :gunner:)

:zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: Classic!

FIDDY
29-10-05, 11:25 AM
i think a few maps could be added along with snipers,
mabee italy and aztec or mabee reintroduce the old assault which on some servers is called cs_assault_old or along the lines of that

z0na
29-10-05, 11:28 AM
only the maps like assault: assault, assault2005, assault_v1, ...

Lestat
29-10-05, 11:40 AM
I would like to see italy and aztec added i would then play on it def

chunk
29-10-05, 11:51 AM
i agree add italy, but y not make the assault server a cs_ server with maps like italy, assault and office and maybe a few others. Then make the dust2/office server a De_ server with dust2, dust, prodigy, etc..

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
29-10-05, 12:12 PM
Good god! :shock: The dust2/office server??? That's perfect the way it is. Please whatever you do don't add prodigy :crying:

dre
29-10-05, 01:22 PM
I think we should add all standard maps such as aztec, cbble and maps along those lines.

Sc00by
29-10-05, 01:31 PM
There are millions of 'standard map' servers out there. if you want to play on one, pick one and off you go.

We're trying to make the Lanarchy servers a bit different. So we have a custom map server with a few cherry picked maps on it, a 2 map dust2/office server (cos we like those maps) a zombie hoard (or warcraft ;) ) server and then the other one. I'd make it a dual map server like the Dust2/Office, Italy makes a lot of sense to pair assult with (IMHO)
But I'd be tempted to ditch the buggy assault and go italy/aztec instead... :side:

Kbrothers
29-10-05, 05:09 PM
guys wot is wrong with you!??!?! if u change the assault server most of the current players would never come back! the assualt server needs to b on its own! its just one of thiose classic maps that is actually realistic and requires skill(if ct) to play! please dont add other maps - or if u have to - 1 at the most- preferrably italy

AGTDenton
29-10-05, 05:17 PM
Please add Vertigo somewhere, Im missing that map and Thunder loads!

I have to say i like both ideas of Adding Italy + 1 other, or Just Assault based maps...

Sc00by
29-10-05, 05:18 PM
The Assault server went up, originally, as the map had just been released. I dont' think anyone expected it to last as long as it has.

It also creates more hassle that all the rest of the servers added together :?

pitchblack
29-10-05, 05:21 PM
It also creates more hassle that all the rest of the servers added together
yeah but us admin would be bored other wise lol.

Penguin
29-10-05, 05:24 PM
<offtopic>
Well, the same could be said with the ZH server, theres only about 10, if not less, people on at a time, at least 3 camp in high places and get all the kills. People also sometimes cannot join, as it does not kick a bot for them, and it says server is full
</offtopic>

I think that we should see what happens when we add more maps. Perhaps the abusiveness is to do with the fact that cs_assault can be a one-sided map.

pitchblack
29-10-05, 05:27 PM
off topic, yes it should kick a bot, would be much better,

ArTFuL DoDGeR
29-10-05, 07:28 PM
hmm, im a bit annoyed at this thread, a while ago (about 3 weeks) i bought up the exact same topic and i basically got told a big fat NO by all
the admins, and now it is being bought up again.
:?
Yes i am a big fan of the assault server but keeping it as a ssault could get a bit boring if anything i think i needs to get changed to Assault/De_Dust, but definatley not italy!

Stokes

dre
29-10-05, 08:44 PM
Defintly agree with stokes as italy (in my opinion) is crap. yes i agree it should be assualt an something else such as aztec maybe

Tinnitus
29-10-05, 09:48 PM
The reason i play on the Assauly only server is because it is assault only....and im sure there are many other ppl who play there for the same reason.

McBain
29-10-05, 10:23 PM
hmm, im a bit annoyed at this thread, a while ago (about 3 weeks) i bought up the exact same topic and i basically got told a big fat NO by all the admins, and now it is being bought up again.
It's been made into a thread this time, just because the amount of trouble it has caused of late... :?

ArTFuL DoDGeR
29-10-05, 10:33 PM
Ok thats ok then and like tinnitus said many people do play on the assault only server JUSt because it is Assault only. but im sure if we do make it a assault/dust or assault/aztec we will get more new people playing on the server and have some more fun meeting and talking to new people, but at the same time still playing with the people we have always played with.

Stokes

helios
29-10-05, 11:33 PM
my vote is with the assault clones, assault 2005, assault hslan reloaded, assaultvilla, and that type of thing.

z0na
30-10-05, 09:39 AM
I totaly agree with helios
change the assault server to assault maps only

dre
30-10-05, 11:05 AM
Possibly that sounds like good idea i would play on it :D

ArTFuL DoDGeR
30-10-05, 12:41 PM
yeh i agree with helios and penguins idea because then it would be keeping the same kind of theme

Stokes

helios
30-10-05, 12:53 PM
well, if we go down the assault/italy option, that mabey have assault come up twice asmany times as italy, to satisfy the assault addicts out there.

<off topic> the ZH mod is designed for a fixed number of bots. For a 20player server, it is 12 bots (and should have a max of 1/2 players that can join Ts)
. The CT's are outnumbered and the AI zombies can be controlled by a select few players on the terrorist team.

ArTFuL DoDGeR
30-10-05, 01:05 PM
mabey

hmm i think just mabey u spelt maybe a little bit wrong helios.

I still am very against going down the assault/italy option as to be honest Italy pretty much sucks. I would be for both of these option

1)Having a assault/De_dust/Aztec
or
2)Having all different kind of assault maps ie assault_villa/assault_urban etc

Am i correct in saying that most people are for one or another of these options?

Stokes

pitchblack
30-10-05, 01:05 PM
yea have assault on for like 20 minuets and 10 italy

dre
30-10-05, 01:08 PM
1)Having a assault/De_dust/Aztec
or
2)Having all different kind of assautl maps ie assault_villa/assault_urban etc

I like both of these options and would prefer any of these than italy!

McBain
30-10-05, 02:00 PM
Two thirds of the people that have voted would like more maps added, a third of people that have voted want it to be just italy added... not many have posted about it though.

ArTFuL DoDGeR
30-10-05, 02:01 PM
Yeh i was thinking that just lookig back at some of the results there only really seems to be support for the two options i gave and i cant see anymore?? :S

Whn do you think this will be decided?

Stokes

McBain
30-10-05, 02:08 PM
Well, the thing is with a decision like this, there is no point changing anything until there is a definite better alternative...

We need to wait to give everyone the chance to have their say too.

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
30-10-05, 02:10 PM
Why not have something apear on the assault server as they're the guys that will be affected the most. We need to ensure that all the LNY members have had a vote as well.

McBain
30-10-05, 03:13 PM
Doesn't the message of the day currently direct them to this thread?

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
30-10-05, 03:49 PM
Sorry, laziness on my part :zombie: didn't realise it had already been done.

:poop: - My new signing off card I thnk

Sgt. Stadanko
31-10-05, 05:26 PM
well if you do add Italy it would mean having 3 default maps which are hostage (plus the custom hossie maps). adding aztec would balance it out abit; you can't say you don't like the feeling you get when you realise you have the C4 at the start of the round...

chunk
31-10-05, 05:52 PM
i say dont add aztec i tihnk most people dont like it....or is that just me.

add italy and then miltia when it comes out, or find a custom militia map till it comes out offical

Tinnitus
31-10-05, 06:27 PM
i still think keeping as an assault only server a good idear cos its nt as if the server's empity all the time, it if was empity most the time fair enough to add maps to attract more people. also if for some horrible reason you decide to add maps can they at least just be on the Vote list.

dre
31-10-05, 07:15 PM
Yeh a vote which i would say maps including aztec, assualt, assualtvilla, and possibly italy(even thoguh i think it is rubbish!!)

FIDDY
31-10-05, 09:22 PM
i think these ideas are all good but my personal opinion is that there should either lots of assault maps with a vote or mabee some of the other maps we have mentioned (italy,aztec etc) on a voting system

ArTFuL DoDGeR
31-10-05, 09:24 PM
yeh i think a poll on what maps should be added would be best. and then we can work out different options like adding all assault or how many we are going to add.

Stokes

helios
31-10-05, 09:29 PM
hmm, maybe another weblink in game, so they can type something like "vote" and it brings up a voting page for this.

pitchblack
31-10-05, 10:07 PM
well if you tell me the vote command i will do a vote every time im on.

helios
31-10-05, 11:42 PM
ma_question vote "WAnt More maps?" "Cs_italy" "Custom assault Maps" "I don't care" "Make this a Standard Maps Server" "Leave it as Assault" "Add 2 or 3 Maps"

that should give a question vote with all of the options we require. just run that in the console if you want to.

also, about finding commands, has it occured to anyone to actually check the Mani admin plugin readmes themselves? instead of relying on other people?

Sc00by
01-11-05, 08:21 AM
tbh I don't care what the people playing it think, they just play on it, what do they know? ;)

Lets just drop the damn thing and stick tides on it instead :tongueout:

(j/k before anyone get too upset)

Lestat
01-11-05, 10:51 AM
Personally i don't care what the people on the server think, we pay for this server and admin it. I would like to see italy added and possibly awp enabled. I now have not played on a LNY server for 5 days.

Sc00by
01-11-05, 10:57 AM
Oh I was only kidding about sticking tides on it...

I agree the decision should be the admins, not the players. Not sure that AWP enabling Italy is a good idea, but wth... I'm game ;)

evilempire
01-11-05, 11:38 AM
I think the assault server should stay as assault but maybe add custom assault maps many hours were spent on CS 1.6 jolt assaulkt server back in the day with maps such as assaulkt 1337 and winter assault and the all time rush classic assault mini now that would be a fantastic move on lny's behalf as that was one of the busiest server going at the time

BaDBoY UK
01-11-05, 02:00 PM
Personally i don't care what the people on the server think, we pay for this server and admin it. I would like to see italy added and possibly awp enabled. I now have not played on a LNY server for 5 days.

tbh I don't care what the people playing it think, they just play on it, what do they know? ;)

Hmmm I play on the assault server alot, so does this mean my opinion does not count? This statement seems extremely negative to me, sort of along of lines of "We dont give a t*ss, we pay for it, we can do what the h*ll we want"

I totally agree you pay for the server, you admin it, so yeah, you can do what you want, but surely there are better ways of phrasing this. I requested admin and would happily pay the 5 a month, and was about to ask for the reserved slot for 2 a month, and would hope one day to contribute to the server costs being a larger part of LNY through years of dedication - sort of a thank you for the hours spent on your very fast server - but I hope I dont feel this way when that day comes. The assault sever is usually the busiest, and has a strict following of good players, so to completely disregard their opinion would, in mine, be foolish.

Basically, what I'm tryna get at, is that the statements made by some admins seem really strong to me. You are right in what you say, but one can be much more diplomatic on how one does something.

Just my pennies worth.... please dont roar at me :roll:

(P.S. I am not, repeat not, trying to undermine anyone, simply expressing my opinion)

FIDDY
01-11-05, 04:09 PM
i do agree with bb but also the admins do pay for the server so their opinions should be took into account mabee more than some of the players on the server

BaDBoY UK
01-11-05, 04:12 PM
Thats what I tired to say - maybe I just cannot write properly lol

Admins obviously have more say than any of us - but it can be put more tactfully than that - thats all I meant :)

Lestat
01-11-05, 05:53 PM
Yeah probably should have thought this was in private section as i only go to new posts. Basically assault has caused me to many problems and i think it should be changed. to at least a few assault maps would be good or just italy. But i feel almost all of LNY either are not playing much of CSS or playing on other servers. the only one that is really popular with the guys is office /dust 2. I never play on the zombie one and everytime i look no LNY guy is there.

I feel the servers should be more tailored towards firstly the people who pay for them, b. the rest of the LNY members, and that is it. But then maybe i just feel it is time for a change.

Penguin
01-11-05, 06:02 PM
:that:

When I do play, I now play on the Dust2/Office server. I sometimes play on the Assault server, but that is out of boredom/habit. I'm getting bored with assault now tbh. I still love assault_2005 though. I rarely play on other servers, and I sometimes play on the ZH server with my brother.

People keep on saying that the Assault server is the most popular. However, according to game-monitor (on the portal front page) it says that the Dust2/Office server has a higher average player rate. I think the Assault server also attracts people from overseas, which means it is fuller at unusual times for us in the UK.

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
01-11-05, 07:26 PM
I agree with what Lestat & Penguin say. Ultimately it should be the main guys who set up LNY that decide what maps are available on the servers. After all, they're the guys that have put most into this in terms of time, money and hard work. If very few of them play assault it hardly seems worth having a server dedicated to the map.

I appreciate what badboy's trying to say about the players on assault but the fact is that none of them pay a subscription to play the map. From the poll only 3 people are bothered enough by the potential change to actually say anything about it anyway. It seems like most players are ready for a change and would appreciate some different maps being added to the cycle.

One final point, LNY is a pretty well known UK clan from what I can make out, the servers rarely lag and most of the people that play on the maps are friendly folk. This means that as long as the maps chosen are decent maps people will find the server and will play on it, it is very unlikely that people will disappear in droves.

But i feel almost all of LNY either are not playing much of CSS or playing on other servers.

I only ever play the dust/office server. There's not another server that comes close in my opinion :thumbs:

:poop:

BaDBoY UK
01-11-05, 09:03 PM
I totally agree with everything lestat and penguin said, you are the top guys and its your server - but to say in a public forum "I dont care what they think" is just wrong and I believe reflects badly on LNY who, which attracted me to them, premote well being, harmony and friendliness on their servers.

Of course you have every right to change the server - if you made it so t's dressed like nuns and ct's like vicars it wouldnt bother me, nor others lol. McBain started this poll for a reason, I feel to ask everyone who is a member of the forum to speak up if they so wish. To then say "we dont care" anyway seems slightly audacious - thats all I was saying :)

When I become an investment banker or management condultant I too will give generously to LNY and look forward to itm but for now I'm a poor student :oops: with no money, except just enuf to buy an x1800xt 512mb ati gcard :twisted:

happy hunting to all

BaDBoY

FIDDY
01-11-05, 09:04 PM
the custom maps wipe the floor with all the other servers although they are all amazing!

McBain
02-11-05, 07:31 PM
Right, if I may put my 'I'm the boss' hat on for just one post. Personally, I don't care so much what happens to the assault server. I don't particularly like assault, I never have and I never will. I prefer the custom map server and dust/office server and I can only play on one server at a time... so... I'm not that bothered what happens to the assault server.

Looking at this as 'the boss' rather than a gamer, I need to try and keep the community happy. This involves keeping the paying members/admins happy (or they may pull their funding) and the community members happy (or they will bugger off elsewhere and we have little left to admin anyway)

What I would prefer to do is find a way to start up a fifth server. This would surely be the best solution? We start up an italy/assault/militia server and everyone's happy?

This might be possible if server sizes drop down to 16, 18 and 20. I'll perhaps try it for an evening and see what happens to the servers performance.

Penguin
02-11-05, 07:52 PM
Hmm, to be honest, the Dust2/Office server is often at full capacity (24/24), and if you mean dropping the server size of that down, I don't really agree with it.

Give it a go, see how it gets on. But some of the servers are lagging already, perhaps adding a 5th will lag it a bit more.

Sc00by
02-11-05, 08:13 PM
I'd change the assault server to be that 5th server and leave it with 4 servers, we already get "laaggg" complaints on the servers...

Kbrothers
02-11-05, 08:19 PM
just beacuse some people do not like the assault server, is no excuse to change it. Many more poeple like it. Assault is one of those maps that is actually realistic towards real life hostage situations. I personnally love it and wouldnt mind if a map like italy was put on it but, my first choice would be to keep it as assault 24/7 as there are not loads around and especially not many with no auto(noob) sniper or awp.

Lestat
02-11-05, 08:37 PM
Well i see that add italy has won the vote i say add it.

Sgt. Stadanko
07-11-05, 08:03 PM
I think dropping the server size from 24 on dust2/office would be an excellent idea, on such a cramped map as office you get noobs all over the place blocking up corridors and lobbing nades at eachother, the TKing is horrendous!!! Also it would decrease the pangs of lag I seem to be getting at the moment, whenever there is a huge firefight everything goes shuddery.

I've went on assault a few times, but the map provides me no stimulus to play on it whatsoever. From what it seems on the forum though, it causes trouble for the majority, but the minority would hate to see it leave.

Cheers, Stad.

LiNK
16-11-05, 12:42 AM
I for one say "Please god leave this server as is" or justs add some Assault custom maps if the cycle has to be changed...
I spend my good years on this server because it is what it is now!! :P

Pardon my english, i'm not a native speaker

bones
16-11-05, 09:00 AM
i agree with link. leave the assault server as is or add more custom assault maps!