PDA

View Full Version : snipers

Viral-strike
29-10-05, 02:43 PM
i know most people are really against sniper rifles but do you think you could allow them for like a few days a month? CSS isnt the same without the sniper weapons lol kind of takes away a part of CS

matt

pitchblack
29-10-05, 02:47 PM
the scout is still avaliable.

Sc00by
29-10-05, 02:56 PM
There are plenty of servers that allow Sniper rifles. If you want to play with snipers then feel free to go and play on one of the many servers that do allow them.

In an attempt to make Lanarchy servers different to every other server on the planet our servers don't feature the AWP or the auto sniper.

dre
29-10-05, 03:18 PM
I definitly agree as the scout is still available which is still a great weapon

AGTDenton
29-10-05, 04:39 PM
In an attempt to make Lanarchy servers different to every other server on the planet our servers don't feature the AWP or the auto sniper.:D Thats y i love these servers, i am hopeless against those guns

id personally delete them from the game and put some other weapons in their place, a good old fashioned chainsaw would be lovely ;)

pitchblack
29-10-05, 04:41 PM
chainsaw would be lovely Wink
yea instead of a knife round itwould be chainsaws.
*goes off to write to Valve*

BaDBoY UK
29-10-05, 04:57 PM
Lol when I first got CSS the reason I first started using the LNY servers was the clear sign "*NO SNIPERS*". Clearly I was shocked to see the scout available, but, although this could the be classed as false advertising (:D) the scout demands moderate skill levels (moderate because if your vicitim only has 20hp when you can shoot them in the foot and they will perish and you'll gain that elusive 300 dollar reward)

Lanarchy servers are different, very fast, and remain to be very popular

as for AWPS being enabled - phwerrrr - I say no - but then again, the boys upstairs have to make that decision

Edit by Penguin: Spelling

Kbrothers
29-10-05, 04:59 PM
same as me- because assault sucks when everyone uses awps and auto sniper (it also leads to a lot of flaming and stress) anyway whats wrong with the scout- that takes skill man!

Edit by Penguin- Couldn't understand half of it, it was in text speak.

Penguin
29-10-05, 05:07 PM
Guys, spelling and text speak.

Use your edit button and preview button :D

Kbrothers
29-10-05, 05:10 PM
What is wrong with text speak- it is faster, saves time and means i might actually get through all the new posts in this god damn forum!!! :P

Sc00by
29-10-05, 05:14 PM
Goooooooooooo PENGUIN! ;)

Sc00by
29-10-05, 05:17 PM
wot is wrong with text speak- it is faster, saves time and means i might actually get through all the new posts in this god damn forum!!! :P
Yeah, but if you want people to actually READ your dribble then you'll post in clear English out of respect. To be honest if you can't be arsed to post in English then I can't be arsed to read your posts.

pitchblack
29-10-05, 05:17 PM
Penguin is on a rampage.
And kbro, yes it is faster but if you are in such a rush come back when you have time, you dont talk like that in essays do you? Didnt think so.

Penguin
29-10-05, 05:28 PM
:that:

Yeah, it makes it very hard to read, and looks really messy.

It doesn't save time, you just miss out a letter here and there.
Typing in full will improve your typing speed, meaning homework/essays can be written quicker.

[OLSC]Fizban
29-10-05, 05:29 PM
What is wrong with text speak- it is faster, saves time and means i might actually get through all the new posts in this god damn forum!!! :P To prove your not an ejit? For other people to take the time to read your post and understand what you mean?

Fiz

Simon
29-10-05, 05:51 PM
7/10 servers ban awp and autosnipe anyway? so how is that different?

McBain_PDA
29-10-05, 06:40 PM
How much would you be willing to bet on that? When I get home, I'll connect to 10 random servers, I bet I can buy AWP's on 4 or more of them...

Simon
29-10-05, 07:06 PM
maybe so... my point was that it's hardly different, i'd try 50 to make it fair...

McBain
29-10-05, 09:48 PM
Okay, how many dust2/office, no sniper servers with stats can you find? Can't be more then 6 or 7 at most, surely? Considering there are probably 10,000+ servers, thats pretty different I would say?

Simon
29-10-05, 09:52 PM
web-based stats... i guess not many... mani stats; quite a few

pitchblack
29-10-05, 09:54 PM
hang on hang on, simon am i right in saying that you like the Lanarchy servers? i think i am other wise you wouldn't play on them let alone go on the forum or join the clan, so if you like them why are you say that they are not good, yes ok you may want to use the awp and a couple of hours on a different server won't hurt you, the servers are full most of the time, so why fix something that isnt broke, yes im all for change but like some one said earlier and same for me, i choose this server becase it said NO SNIPERS, so how many more choose us because of that.

McBain
29-10-05, 10:26 PM
Yeah, I don't think the actual decision to make them all *NO SNIPER* was because it would mean our servers were 'different' anyway. It was more a preference. Yes, snipering is part of CSS, but just because something's a part of it, doesn't mean you want it. Many people would say cheating is a part of CSS...

pitchblack
30-10-05, 11:42 AM
But if you speak like that then loads of things are:
TAing/TKing
"nOObs"
and all the other things we all hate.

helios
30-10-05, 11:58 AM
and we have ways of dealing with TA/TK

and ways of dealing with idiots (not newe players, because every one is new at some point, but idiots who are the real "n00bs").

pitchblack
30-10-05, 12:03 PM
yea new people may not know the ins and outs of the rules but most know not to try and fight with admin.

Sgt. Stadanko
31-10-05, 04:33 PM
Having snipers on the dust2/office would completely ruin the entire server. On dust2 you would have a rush of people firing down the middle through the double doors in an effort to snatch an early kill, you'd also have CTs camping in the crates outside the tunnel to B and also on long A where theres the ramp, Ts can plant the bomb then cover it from a mile away with the AWP.
Similar siutation on office with people scrambling to shoot down the main corridor at passing Ts.

If you're not happy with the scout, then go elsewhere.