PDA

View Full Version : Italy/Aztec Server

McBain
04-11-05, 07:51 AM
As a bit of a trial I have an Italy/Aztec server running now too. Yes, the player limits have been dropped by 2 or 4 on the other servers, this might mean we have no noticeable side effects from having another server running. We'll see.

82.136.20.56:27045

I know people have reported lag recently, but each time I connect everything seems fine...

Please report back any problems encountered and we'll decide if we can keep this extra server up or not.

(Also feel free to comment on what maps this server should run. When Militia gets released, it would likely be added to the rotation)

Fat Tony
04-11-05, 09:16 AM
How long will this sever be running? and will lanarchy be keeping the server up if it becomes popular?

ever thought of port? I like port (the map, not the drink) and seems quite a popular aswell :thumbs:

dre
04-11-05, 12:09 PM
Great idea to run these maps together!! :D

FIDDY
04-11-05, 02:27 PM
i am sure i will spend many hours on this server! great idea
now we have nearly all the best maps within our servers

dre
04-11-05, 03:28 PM
Yeh definitly need to keep a server with aztec in and possibly prodigy??

Kbrothers
04-11-05, 10:28 PM
i haven't had a chance to play it yet but it seems like a good idea- mind you we may need to advertise it on other servers to get soem more interest... but its early days yet

FIDDY
04-11-05, 11:06 PM
yes i am sure it will become a very popular server

bones
05-11-05, 08:45 AM
great idea mcbain! i think a italy/aztec server will go down great!! i look forward to playing it

dre
05-11-05, 09:02 AM
I think we should add prodigy as it could come uo in clan matches??

FIDDY
05-11-05, 10:11 AM
dre does have a point,
if we add that does that mean we would have all the possible match maps?

dre
05-11-05, 11:13 AM
Iv just had an idea why dont we have a server with all maps which are used in clan matches and also enble awp.

Sc00by
05-11-05, 11:17 AM
You mean like the match server for practice? :?

The public servers are seperate to the clan. The decision has been made to disable snipers on our pulic servers to make them a little different to every other server out there. We might as well just have a standard map server with all weapons enabled as follow your idea. And that's not what we want to do.

dre
05-11-05, 11:21 AM
Ok sorry didnt mean to cause any problems or anything just an idea

Sc00by
05-11-05, 11:28 AM
Well to be fair it has been said before and we've replied in exaclty the same way. The point of the Lanarchy public servers is to be a bit different. Yes the fact that we all play on them means that we don't use or face an AWP as much as some people do, but - in general - there is less greifing on our servers due to the lack of snipers and people camping in corners with them. Which is a good thing :thumbs:

pitchblack
05-11-05, 02:04 PM
is there any way we can keep the match server open sometimes, because me and stokes were talking about this the other day, some times we get fed up of owning noobs and having to deal with all the trouble.

Sc00by
05-11-05, 02:37 PM
For me - I'd keep the ZH server down and keep the private server up 24/7, but I think I'm in the minority

Penguin
05-11-05, 02:41 PM
For me - I'd keep the ZH server down and keep the private server up 24/7, but I think I'm in the minority

To me, this sounds like a good idea. I could perhaps train new people, show them the maps, say what to do. But, I know people like the ZH (including my brother). Perhaps we should think about this further?

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
05-11-05, 02:57 PM
I'm with scooby on this one. I think the LNY guys might benefit a bit more from having the match server available to practise on. The zombie game's pants anyway. :zombie:

z0na
05-11-05, 02:58 PM
well this server isnt popular, and i know why.
nobody knows about this server, so i suggest there should be some advertising about it like csm. that will attract more people to the new server

pitchblack
05-11-05, 02:58 PM
me to as much as the zombie server was fun and all, it now is boring and reapeative and to many people camp in high places.

z0na
05-11-05, 03:00 PM
didnt the anti-camp plug-in fixed that??

Penguin
05-11-05, 03:06 PM
didnt the anti-camp plug-in fixed that??

Yes it has. I was worried about the ZH server, until Helios found the latest patch.

dre
05-11-05, 05:38 PM
I'd keep the ZH server down and keep the private server up 24/7

I agree with this,
Although there is few people who like the zh server

ArTFuL DoDGeR
05-11-05, 08:23 PM
I totally agree with scoobs take the zombie server down and put the private server up so LNY members can practice and allow 1 AWP per team and only give the password to certain people.

Stokes

dre
05-11-05, 08:28 PM
Certain people i dont agree with as we would have to keep changing password cause soon ppl would find it out. I think it should only be [LNY] ppl aloud in it.

helios
05-11-05, 11:22 PM
mm, the password thing isn't such a big problem - just change it for matches.

Personally, i feel we need someway of having them both (Same old problem, not enough server capacity avaliable :ranting: )

I like the ZH server, which has improved greatly with the new ZH mod, but i also think a private server is a good plan, but would it get used alot? if it is just LNY, then we will have an empty server most of the time, which means wasted server capacity. It also would only work if more clan members had admin access to the closed server to change map and add bots, execute scripts, start match plugins etc., which i could see as causing problems.

The closed server up per is a good idea, but it has a few problems that need to be sorted.

pitchblack
05-11-05, 11:29 PM
cant see the admin part a problem, if people abuse, not only do they lose admin they get kicked out on LNY, well yeah i mean i would play on it as long as their are people on it, any this has its own thread now, back on topic, the new server needs advatisement

dre
06-11-05, 07:57 AM
Hopefully it will get used as i would because its a great idea. Also i know me fiddy and stokes are interested in becoming admins.

Penguin
06-11-05, 03:51 PM
hmm, the servers seem to lag a bit more.
People are complaining the lag has been getting worse.

ArTFuL DoDGeR
06-11-05, 04:00 PM
yeh i heard one person say, "LNY i think your servers need restarting" :?

I seem to be experiencing a bit of lagg aswell here and there maybe we should drop all the servers down by 1 or 2 places or something.

Stokes

FIDDY
06-11-05, 05:11 PM
people have been experiencing lag on all of the servers and have told me to report it so now i have how do you expect to fix it?

dre
06-11-05, 07:19 PM
Lag..? people complain of lag but i have not had the slighteset bit of lag.

Kbrothers
07-11-05, 11:57 AM
no lag where i am- nthe ocassional lag spkie but nothing more than that- my view on the italy aztec server- will be awesome when it is advertised more, and people actually know there is one. I was on the assualt server a couple of days ago and i mentioned it to peopel and they said they had never even heard of it! Soon it will just be like all the other servers.

McBain
07-11-05, 08:07 PM
It should be coming up in the ads on the other servers now? I will get it on the Lanarchy front page when I have a second to get that all set up.

lnr
16-11-05, 08:52 AM
I'm flippin' excited about this aztec/italy server. Italy is one of my favourite maps and I reckon no sniping in aztec will up my opinion of it tenfold (I don't know how to deal with snipers...;))
But yeah, the adverts are running, but nobody really playing. I've joined a couple of times and been humiliated by bots (lol), but that ain't fun :P

I reckon once the word really spreads this server will be popping!
Good call Lanarchy! Well played that team! :D

Kona
16-11-05, 10:41 AM
i like the idea of adding aztec and italy server to the lanarchy empire. Allthough i havent been on it much i wil defenatly make an attempt to play on that server. Other levels which you could possibly think about adding are inferno and prodigy as i like playing on these levels on other servers and feel it would make a fine addition to lanarchy.

dre
16-11-05, 02:36 PM
Could u also add prodigy and maybe train in the cycle as that would make all that maps we play under [LNY] servers. :D

McBain
16-11-05, 06:52 PM
I'm not sure this server will be kept tbh. I hardly ever see anyone on it... maybe there is something better we can do? Maybe we wait for Militia and do a militia 24/7?