PDA

View Full Version : Blatent lack of respect for the server they play on

BaDBoY UK
14-11-05, 09:27 AM
Now, I know I sometimes get frustrated and use terms like "FFS" or "OMG TEAM", usually when I'm CT and I find myself alone after only 30 seconds on a 9 man team, but it is gettin beyond a joke now with certain players ALWAYS insulting LNY members. In my opinion, I am like any other player, whether I have an LNY tag or not, and do not deserve more or less respect than player 'joe bloggs' on the LNY servers. I understand why they insult us, usually because we have kd ratios' of >2, but I'm really starting to become pi**ed off with it all.

However, it seems the insults are becoming more and more routine now, and I'm not just talking a simple NOOB referece any more, I'm talking about full blown profanity and directed insults.

As I am a pre-MPhys scientist after all, I have given an example below that will help clarify the situation

1) Guy called King Luke (steam id not obtained as Pitch kicked him before I could grab it, but only becuase I grabbed Pitch on xfire and he was kind enough to help). He actually says
"f**k off, your litttle gay clan sucks dick" which was a response to "Pls do not insult LNY members, or anyone else pls"
http://img396.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hl220051113202314145kc.jpg

Also, before anyone jumps in I am the first to admit that King Luke and I have had words in the past, but I always thought it was playful banter because I can always shoot him in his head. He always limited his taunts to "geek" etc (I'm proud of being a geek, it's gonna make me loads of money anyway), but this was totally out of order now.

I dont know what a solution to this problem could be, other than to insert a comment (similar to the PLS DO NOT CAMP BEHIND CT SPAWN) saying something regarding insults to both LNY members, or player joe bloggs.

Any thoughts :roll:

McBain
14-11-05, 09:33 AM
Yeah, good idea. I'll add something along the lines of 'Insulting other players will get you kicked or banned' to the rotating adverts.

Don't forget, if you report back when something like this happens, I can check the logs for what people have said and I can take action after the event. Just be sure to provide as much detail as possible like server, time, player name, Steam ID and what was said.

BaDBoY UK
14-11-05, 09:41 AM
Cool, and hopefully it will stop people being abusive. I believe pitch already spoke with this person used in the example, but I feel they ruin it for the rest of us, and sometimes we have kids as young as 10 on the server who might not wish to read such profanity.

Cheers

z0na
14-11-05, 07:25 PM
well i have no problems on the custom maps server, alot of people respect me ( maybe just because i'm an admin, hmm i wonder ...)

but i noticed some players realy act different when there is an admin on the server

pitchblack
14-11-05, 07:34 PM
age has nothing to do witht the matter my little brother is then and is fine ok hes says random things down the mic but nothing that someone would find ofencive, i think its just people being stupid........ *request for a mute* because if you gimp them they just start spamming.
*edit* o and zona the reason you dont get abuse is beacause mainly regulars play on custom, i mean the people that play on assault like me stokes kbro and badboy get respect and even have over the game friendships with the regulars, i mean take mits for example i know she has gone now but all the regulersknew her and spoke to her.

z0na
14-11-05, 07:41 PM
yeah well i'm a regular on the custom maps server and most people on it r mostley regulars aswell so i think its the same as assault. but i feel more stress when i play on the assault than on the custom.

1 question: if you gimp them can they still spam/talk with their microphone?

helios
14-11-05, 07:43 PM
yes, they can.

Gimping only affects the type chat, not mic.

jezzag
14-11-05, 08:06 PM
I Feel Sorry For LNY Members Ive Seen Them Getting Picked On By People Swearing At Them For No Reason It Ruins The Game And Then They Log Off?

Hopefully People Will Stop Doing This

Peace

Sgt. Stadanko
14-11-05, 08:17 PM
People will never stop making eachother feel bad for their own enjoyment. It's one of many psychological errors built into the human brain, those with low self-esteem will make others feel bad to feel better about themself.

z0na
14-11-05, 08:23 PM
well i agree with stadanko but i want to ad something :lol:
It's one of many psychological errors built into the human brain

first, you have to have some brains before you can have errors in it :lol:

Fat Tony
15-11-05, 01:19 PM
age has nothing to do witht the matter my little brother is then and is fine ok hes says random things down the mic but nothing that someone would find ofencive, i think its just people being stupid........ *request for a mute* because if you gimp them they just start spamming.
*edit* o and zona the reason you dont get abuse is beacause mainly regulars play on custom, i mean the people that play on assault like me stokes kbro and badboy get respect and even have over the game friendships with the regulars, i mean take mits for example i know she has gone now but all the regulersknew her and spoke to her.

I personally think age does have something to do with it. But I dont nesicarilly (how do you spell that?) blame them, there young and sometimes dont understand, I know my little bro doesnt (and im not tagging young people in general, i mean in some cases). But as for the regulars who dont get flamed, speak for you're self. I've had such a hard time playing on assault recently, thats why I've been playing on dust2/office server. I can seriously see the difference. I rarely get flamed and i think its because office and dust are more advanced maps, therefor more appeal to older people.

as for the topic, like sgt said, Its something that people have to put up with. Its always going to be there and its always going to upset people. When i get pissed off with people flaming me I move servers, because im not going to give people the enjoyment of calling me names. I think a little reminder about insults to people may help, but it wont stop it from happening.

gumbe
15-11-05, 01:38 PM
Couldnt agree more with you guys, and i am also beging to get pi**ed on the assault server because of some of the players in there, and all the flameing and such.

Hope this will stop soon, or atleast some of them will stop

~gumbe~

Lestat
15-11-05, 03:07 PM
Well i only play on the assault/ office server. But i never get it cause i kick/ ban people for abusing LNY. As for assault it is the one map that fosters hatred as everyone wants to be T and I see lots of people shouting abuse at the people who are T round after round, That is why i do not play that map. And from that you can infer that i mean LNY members tend to go T alot more.

BaDBoY UK
15-11-05, 03:20 PM
Well i only play on the assault/ office server. But i never get it cause i kick/ ban people for abusing LNY. As for assault it is the one map that fosters hatred as everyone wants to be T and I see lots of people shouting abuse at the people who are T round after round, That is why i do not play that map. And from that you can infer that i mean LNY members tend to go T alot more.

I have started going on the dust2/office server (thats what you meant right?) alot more as it doesnt seem to havr the same negative atmosphere as assault does. And yes, it is because it is, to quote someone from LNY, "a buggy, one sided map". This post wasnt about people being disrespectful to other players, it was about someone being disrespectful to LNY itself, and King Luke isnt the only one. Damn It had to....errrr....politely ask a couple of guys to leave the other day, known as "(CB KRU) name_here" who were runnin around tk'n their own ct team, during their first round on the server. I mean, I could understand if they became frustrated losing to good players on T, but they just kept shooting us (Yes thats right I was ct) and saying our server sucked. There was also a =DS= member doing the same, saying our laggy servers were sh*te and for me to sort it - over the mic I might add.

Regarding the whole thing of LNY being T vs CT, Ill admit it's easier to get kills as T, but if one has a strong, disciplined team as backup, any number of Ct's can cut through a T defence. I have seen it done and been a part of it. Kbrothers has to be the man when it comes to running headshots and he, for instance, has been CT just as much, if not more times than T. I myself only have a 59% favour of T on that map (according to xfire). I usually spend one entire game as T, learn every other T's patterns, then switch to CT for the next entire game, using my experience fighting alongside my enemy to destroy them :twisted:

The problem of this has one simple solution - anyone who encounters this sniping, profanity and intentional teamwounding should grab an admin who can come on using another name and watch it all - sounds simple anyway

pitchblack
15-11-05, 04:46 PM
assault/ office server
Another new server? :lol:

"a buggy, one sided map"
This was me wasnt it?

Ill admit it's easier to get kills as T
i disagree, Ts have there kills stolen because 5 people look at one entrance, but as CT once your in(case of binding your time) then basicly you have most of the Ts dead.

BaDBoY UK
15-11-05, 04:55 PM
Pitch: I believe it was you but at the time I couldn't truly remember if it was and didnt wish to use your name just in case :lol: