PDA

View Full Version : hackers

Kona
16-11-05, 02:15 PM
I dont mind playing against good a decent people whilst playing on your servers but i have come to find some people are just too good almost as if they are cheating in a way. I know that your servers are not secure so cheats can come and play but when they just constantly kill and hardly ever die it takes the fun out of the game.
Whilst playing on your dust 2 and office server i found many other players complaning also, could something be done about this perhaps :?:

Kbrothers
16-11-05, 03:04 PM
but do you have proof that they were hacking? some people just are really good at css, and it is good practice to play people much harder. Also peopel have a tendency to whine when they killed oveer and over again - it is human nature to want to do well, so when they dont they do not like it- i have played peopel that i think have hacked but with hindsight it was so obvious that they didnt. jsut bite the bullet and find another way of killing them.

z0na
16-11-05, 03:06 PM
if you think someone is wallhacking or aimbotting or whatever report this on the forum like you did now and dont forget to post his steam-id, the time, and wich server. so we can keep an eye on him ;)

BaDBoY UK
16-11-05, 03:10 PM
Sometimes relatively inexperienced players will complain about people who are really good. I'm crap, so have never had the pleasure of being called a cheat, but I'm sure some LNY members have been accused in the past, and therefore know how frustrating it can be to have a great round, only to be met with ciriticism and wild accusations. As an example, the other day while playing dust2/office, [LNY|S]Lestat had a kd ratio of about 4:1 (24:6 when i checked within a certain error bound). Now someone accused another guy of hacking and Lestat asked the question: " so because of my score you would suggest I was cheating ". I believe this made the accuser think for a second, and realise that just because a player is able to geth 6 hs's in a row does not necessaruly mean they hack.

Ergo, in the future I would avoid actually accusing someone directly, simply make a DEMO of them (using the internal css option or a program such as fraps) and pass it on to an LNY admin. Of course that only applies of the LNY servers, but it will avoid decent players having to cope with the constant "hacker" insult. Plus, calling someone a hacker could be classed as an insult to them (whether they are or not) and is therefore forwned upon on the friendly LNY servers.

Any other thoughts?

dre
16-11-05, 03:28 PM
I agree with crouch i have seen a few hackers on dust2/office but 2 of them have been banned. It does just goes to prove if you tell an admin they can come on under diff name and see if they are or not and if they are banned :D

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
16-11-05, 05:00 PM
If you suspect anyone of hacking just xfire one of admins who can then come on and take a look. There's normally one or two around at any one time. There was some talk of having the admin's xfire IDs pop up somehow so anyone who suspects someone of hacking can get in touch with us. Not sure how this was coming along though.

McBain
16-11-05, 07:55 PM
I know that your servers are not secure so cheats can come and play
Erm, no...

Connect in and read what it says while your connecting. Aparently they have done away with the shields showing which are secure and which aren't as they want to catch more people. In other words, people will connect as they think they are not secure and then VAC catches them :)

Simon
16-11-05, 09:07 PM
VAC doesn't work to well, i know someone who hacks and has only had one account banned in 5 years...

Kona
17-11-05, 09:41 AM
ok thanks for replying. If i see anyone i think is suspicious i will report them to an admin. I havent insulted anyone caling thaem a hacker in there face and as dre said some i have seen have already been band thanks for all your views and replies. :D

Sgt. Stadanko
19-11-05, 04:49 PM
If only you could hack GCSE Maths Mocks... :twisted:

Lestat
19-11-05, 04:56 PM
I play alot on the the dust2/office server, i know most of the regulars. Sometimes there may be a cheat but never one blatantly hacking as there scores are crap. Crouch I would not worry about it to much.
Dust2/office server is the best one we run most of the time there is a admin on or about, even under a diff name sometimes. I personally have been accused a few times when playing on it, but i take it as a compliment. Like has been said I personally will only ban with a demo and steam ID, or asked to come and view them myself.

Anybody banning on anything else but a demo or a view by a upper admin should be reported. As no bans should happen.

Kona
19-11-05, 11:07 PM
ok i was just rasing the point to lny attention :D

Jamester
16-12-05, 06:58 PM
Crouch, you pretty much accused me of using a wallhack this afternoon, and then wouldn't answer me when I asked you a pretty straight question if you thought I was cheating.

Bit hurt really, have played for some 96 hours now on your custom maps server, and really enjoy the atmosphere on there, as well as the maps. You LNY boys are alright, and I was a bit miffed that you would really think I was soo stupid as to cheat.

I've played on maps like westwood and the rest for so long now that its pretty easy to anticipate where people are, especially when using headphones and they thunder around the map. I've also been playing CS since Beta 1, and was in a pretty good clan a few years ago.

I gave up competitive CS because of all the cheating, and accusations and I just think it's a bit of a shame that certain people just can't seem to take it.

Anyway, rant over.

Jamester

19-01-06, 05:22 PM
I kno a few hackers myself. :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :cry: :oops: :P :x :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :arrow: :idea: :?: :!:

Poo Bear
19-01-06, 05:32 PM
Crouch, you pretty much accused me of using a wallhack this afternoon, and then wouldn't answer me when I asked you a pretty straight question if you thought I was cheating.

Bit hurt really, have played for some 96 hours now on your custom maps server, and really enjoy the atmosphere on there, as well as the maps. You LNY boys are alright, and I was a bit miffed that you would really think I was soo stupid as to cheat.

I've played on maps like westwood and the rest for so long now that its pretty easy to anticipate where people are, especially when using headphones and they thunder around the map. I've also been playing CS since Beta 1, and was in a pretty good clan a few years ago.

I gave up competitive CS because of all the cheating, and accusations and I just think it's a bit of a shame that certain people just can't seem to take it.

Anyway, rant over.

Jamester

Jamester I can understand him accusing you of cheating, when I was playing against you a few weeks ago.

You were very inconsistant and killed loads of players and once someone accused you of cheating you would do stupid things I.E on westwood you would run onto the roof from TS on the left and jump to the floor, with that stripping you of most of your HP your a sitting duck!

Also you ****! you use the exploit on the assualt sooooooo much it really pissed me off buddy, to the point where I want to kick your camping head in.

You may of changed in the last few weeks since then...but I doubt it.

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Jamester
19-01-06, 06:30 PM
Ouch.

Variety is the spice of life - I sometimes change the way I'm playing without really giving it much thought - that roof route from the Ts is often great when the CTs are dozing, and I might not always make the jump. Besides I quite often play with the laptop on the desk alongside and get a bit distracted.

However, if sometimes playing like a muppet is a reason I might be a l33t h4xor, then so be it.

What exploit are you talking about on assault? Not a clue what you are referring to....? I'm 100% for roasting people who use map exploits - case in point the pointless area on haywire, or the wall climbing on venice. Be interested to know what I've been doing.

Jamie

Poo Bear
20-01-06, 09:30 AM
Ouch.

'Variety is the spice of life...', 'However, if sometimes playing like a muppet is a reason I might be a l33t h4xor, then so be it.'

'What exploit are you talking about on assault? Not a clue what you are referring to....? I'm 100% for roasting people who use map exploits - case in point the pointless area on haywire, or the wall climbing on venice. Be interested to know what I've been doing'

Jamie

So are you saying your hacker or not? :shock: :roll: :?
I recorded a demo of you on the roof of assualt and was going to forward it to helios but I was side tracked.

Aslong as your not doing it anymore Im happy.

Jamester
20-01-06, 10:36 AM
Poo Bear,

Since you clearly can't be arsed to read my replies above, let me spell it out.

I'M NOT A HACKER.

As for your roof exploit, wtf are you talking about? Have I as a T gone on the roof and shot you? Sorry about that, you should try being a little bit quicker next time. Would love to see your demo of my so called "exploits".

Email it to jamie@jamester.net and I'll have a good laugh.

Honestly, it's still too early in the morning for me to be in a jovial mood. Glad you're happy now anyway, but tbh I couldn't give a rats ass.

mYst
20-01-06, 01:58 PM
iam a cheater ? :P

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7522/dedust200796xx.jpg

*joke*

its a pic from yesterday, was checking the server if the laggs gone.

mYst

dre
20-01-06, 03:30 PM
Seriously you are to good!!!

BaDBoY UK
20-01-06, 04:52 PM
*Again BaDBoY wishes mYst would consider joining LNY* :twisted:

Sgt. Stadanko
20-01-06, 07:48 PM
My ultimate aim in life is to knife-kill mYst.

dre
20-01-06, 08:08 PM
Id be proud if i could kill him with pretty much anything as i tned not to go on that server if myst is on...... :wink:

FIDDY
20-01-06, 11:35 PM
I have killed him a few times...
never had the pleasure of humiliating him though with the knife, would love to!
*gets down on his hands and kness and begs*
please consider joining LNY!

Poo Bear
24-01-06, 08:56 AM
Poo Bear,

Since you clearly can't be arsed to read my replies above, let me spell it out.

I'M NOT A HACKER.

As for your roof exploit, wtf are you talking about? Have I as a T gone on the roof and shot you? Sorry about that, you should try being a little bit quicker next time. Would love to see your demo of my so called "exploits".

Email it to jamie@jamester.net and I'll have a good laugh.

Honestly, it's still too early in the morning for me to be in a jovial mood. Glad you're happy now anyway, but tbh I couldn't give a rats ass.

Jamster stfu and be nice, can you not read? Try http://www.poo-bear-can-teach-you-dumb-arse-to-read-speak-or-anything-else-you-need.com

very good rates I hear...and they accept paypal!

McBain
24-01-06, 10:05 AM
Jamster stfu and be nice
In my opinion Jamster has been nice, where as you are being rather agressive towards him. Please do not tell anyone to stfu on my forum. Thankyou.

BaDBoY UK
24-01-06, 10:13 AM
Jamster stfu and be nice, can you not read? Try http://www.poo-bear-can-teach-you-dumb-arse-to-read-speak-or-anything-else-you-need.com

LOL at me. I actually clicked on this :oops:

I agree with McBain in that Jamester has been accused of something rather rotten and has been calm about it and expressed his opinion. I have been accused of things in a thread before and trust me when I say I was not this calm :evil:

Please treat other forum users how you would expect to be treated and we will all get along fine. Remember LNY is not some robotic clan, we are the community that welcomes people, listens to their ideas and shows no mercy to our enemy in clan matches :twisted:

Poo Bear
24-01-06, 12:36 PM
iam a cheater ? :P

Na your not...i dont think :P

Poo Bear
24-01-06, 12:37 PM
Jamster stfu and be nice
In my opinion Jamster has been nice, where as you are being rather agressive towards him. Please do not tell anyone to stfu on my forum. Thankyou.

Sorry

:busted: I've been told :oops: :busted:

Kona
24-01-06, 02:19 PM
ok mate just a reminder please do not post twice so quickly, because you have posted twice in the space of a minute. Instead edit your original post.

Poo Bear
24-01-06, 04:35 PM
I dont no the code for quoting someone, so I made a seperate post. Taken on board Crouch :wink: