PDA

View Full Version : A supposed "map bug" lets settle it

chunk
18-11-05, 10:42 PM
Right on assault, the bottom garage door near bottom back door, i discovered a fun tactic to take advantage of it, use a para at start of round and face it roughly in the direction of the truck and just let rip with it, shooting thorugh it and ur most likely to kill/injure cts, now every time this happens all i get is "stop using that map bug"(or sommat along those lines, now i just want anyone to tell me if it is a map bug and if i should stop using it

incase u dont know whcih door im on about
http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/3525/csassault00046ko.jpg(that one in background)

ArTFuL DoDGeR
18-11-05, 10:46 PM
I cant really see this as a map bug realy ok its a bit unfair for the CT's as thats 1 of 2 places they HAVE to come out but they can always shoot back at you i have killed two people as a CT using a shotgun doing that, but if you say this is a map bug you will also have to say shooting people through the vents is a map bug aswell so i dont really think it is:)

Stokes

chunk
18-11-05, 10:56 PM
try telling that to other people who u kill with the para tactic, there never to impressed with it

McBain
18-11-05, 11:10 PM
It might not be a bug, but it is a bit of a 'cheap' kill is all. Thats why it will annoy people I guess.

Kbrothers
19-11-05, 08:52 AM
yea- but the garage door thing is there for shooting throuhg- i do it all the time! it jsut shows u know the map better than they do

lnr
19-11-05, 08:59 AM
[Dripping sarcasm]
Shooting through a door with a high powered rifle?
Yeah, that sounds like it couldn't possibly be an intentional occurance...
[/Dripping sarcasm]

And as much as that is a cheap kill, a CT can shoot through there just the same. Of course, I don't really play assualt, but if I did I reckon I'd spend 90% of my time trying to kill a T like that :twisted:

helios
19-11-05, 12:27 PM
hell, you can shoot through the whole side of the building, and that isn't a bug....

But yes, it is a cheap kill, a very cheap kill, and i think we should restrict the m249 aswell.

Recently, on assault, chunk and several other Ts were spraying with m249s at all the entrances and the side door, killing most of the CTs before they could do anything, so obviuosly the cts got no money, so all died next round.

Sgt. Stadanko
19-11-05, 03:44 PM
Just whatever you do do NOT restrict the para on the dust2/office server, everytime I start off facing the garage on office as CT I buy one and run up the stairs, killing tons of unsuspecting Ts.

*para ftw* 8-)

Maybe the admins and regulars of assault server should make a poll on the matter, just keep dust2 out of it!!!

LiNK
19-11-05, 04:36 PM
Yes i must admit that it is a cheap kill indeed I for one have never tried it but however, like stated above this door has been put in for a reason (wasn't there in 1.6) so if you position yourself so you can get shot trough it your fair game in my opinion..

Sgt. Stadanko
19-11-05, 05:00 PM
Just consider yourself lucky there aren't AWPs and autosnipers on the server, then everyone would be complaining...