PDA

View Full Version : Dust All Day Server

McBain
23-11-05, 02:24 PM
Due to the Italy/Aztec server getting no action at all, I am now trying a Dust All Day Server. Generally dust is a very popular map, so we'll see if it gets any use -

Dust All Day - 82.136.20.56:27045

LiNK
23-11-05, 03:01 PM
Well I personlly don't like to see this server go, but it's true i have been there quite a few times and no-one was there to play :(
Lets just hope more players are attracted to this 24/7 dust server

BaDBoY UK
23-11-05, 03:03 PM
mmmmmmmmm :twisted: dust all day??? Im there baby

Kbrothers
23-11-05, 03:08 PM
sounds good- is it still no snipers?

Sgt. Stadanko
23-11-05, 03:50 PM
Ahh yes major scoutage on the underpass!!! I think AWPs and Auto would be abit too much...

McBain
23-11-05, 04:11 PM
Yep, same as our other servers, no AWP or auto...

Kbrothers
23-11-05, 04:48 PM
good good - i hate auto snipers at the underpassage- i remember that distinctly from the beta of source... grrr

ArTFuL DoDGeR
23-11-05, 05:16 PM
Hmmm i feel that th same thing could happen to this server s the Italy/Aztec one, i feel the italyzaztec server wasnt successful because basically none of us played on it, i remember at its peak it had about 3 humans on and the only other LNY member i played on it with was Dre, unless the people that know its actually there start playing on it the numbers arent actually going to go up. So... if people want this server to work aswell as telling people about it you'r going to have to go on it, because who likes playing against bots anyway. :roll:

Stokes

Poo Bear
23-11-05, 06:01 PM
dust maps suck...boring! italy is brilliant, try oil rig on the rotation! :D :D :D lol

bones
23-11-05, 06:03 PM
but stokes, isn't dust a much more popular map than italy or aztec?
i actuay think more people will come on this server as today i was playing with zona, dre , you were there wernt you stokes, and badboy. and a guy called ice as well.
so i can see more people coming on this server than the italy/aztec server.

Kbrothers
23-11-05, 06:13 PM
wot poo bear said- oilrig for ever! that map is a classic and i think it should be thought about- if there is even an oilrig map on source yet :S

Poo Bear
23-11-05, 09:00 PM
lol! dam right! TS on oilrig rules! :D

Kbrothers
23-11-05, 09:36 PM
this server is pickingup well- it already has had more players on it than the italy/aztec server ever had- and yes, Damn Im shite tonight should not be allowed onto ct- because he is too damn good!

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
23-11-05, 09:59 PM
:rock:

Thank you Kbrothers :D

A couple of observations -

We could do with more than 2 bots per side whilst the server is starting up. Very few people will join a 2 a side game unless they're regulars. Can we up the amount of bots just for an initial 2/3 week period to about 4 or possibly 5 per side? That would entice more people to the server, it means we at least get 5 on 5 practise and if just 1 or 2 people are on the server it's still pretty good fun.

ETB needs cranking up a few notches on this one. I for one am as guilty as anyone for this, when I'm on a run I have real trouble switching to Ts. I just keep missing the T button and landing on CT :D When swapped however I'll make sure I give it a go. We could probably do with swapping at the very least 2 players when a swap occurs. I think Stokes will back me up here.

What about a redirect off the other servers to the 24hr dust server when they are full? This does annoy me when you get swapped to a shite map (prodigy, train, assault etc...). Most people like dust though so probably wouldn't get too annoyed.

Poo Bear
23-11-05, 10:34 PM
i think u should only be able to auto assign, i hate side pickers! just make auto assign....or nothing! :D

ArTFuL DoDGeR
23-11-05, 10:41 PM
Yeh well i can understand what you on about with ETB damn it that round we had with You, Me, Kbro, and 2 other people was hardly very fair. Me and the 2 other people on T's and Kbro and Damn on CT's and with damn guarding the tunnel with a K/D of about 350 and Kbro guarding underpass we couldnt get through and i cant understand how those two other guys actually stayed for how long they did because i for one was getting very annoyed but knew if i left the 2 other guys wuold be just stuck getting owned by damn it and Kbro.

if this is whats going to happen on this server people aren't going to be attracted to it, because they dont enjoy getting owned. Kbrothers said to me "if you dont enjoy playing then dont play", well i didnt enjoy playing and in the end i didnt play, and i think i speak for the 2 other annonymous guys in saying this.

Hope it gets better :(

Stokes

McBain
24-11-05, 05:13 AM
I've upped the bots to 4 on 4, tweaked ETB slightly and the other servers redirect here if they are full. Let me know if its any better.

Kona
24-11-05, 09:36 AM
i feel that this would be a great addition to the lanarchy servers see you all on there :D

lnr
24-11-05, 11:43 AM
Is anyone a really good T on Dust?
Anyone?? I reckon its a map that stacks heavily in CT favour. You get like two really good CTs and there isn't much one can do on Ts...
But that's just my opinion. I'm really dissapointed that the Aztec/Italy server didn't take off. I played bots there a number of times waiting for other players....they never came...:(
But I think a Dust server with only scout snipers could be very interesting. But I think team stacking could be a serious problem. Would be nice is, since it is an all day server, people alternated between the two. And FINALLY, I've noticed some people who I suspect are following the best players. They're all bluster when *insert name here* is on there side with a 20 - 1 score, but when he/she switches, suddenly they're desperate to be on the other team which is "losing". Just another thing to watch out for... :)

Broken Heart
29-11-05, 07:40 AM
I think you should make a surf_machine and surf_skyscraper server because they are the most played surf maps and you haven't got a surf server yet...have you?

dre
29-11-05, 03:34 PM
No please dont do a surf server they completley suck!!! :x

lnr
29-11-05, 04:30 PM
Just to let you know that the dust server still says that it runs italy and aztec all day ;)
Also, is there some way to kick the bots every so often? I went on this am and there were 3 people (me included) forced to CTs because the Ts had like 100 more wins...Was just very frustrating, not sure what can be done though.

Anyway, peace ;)

bones
29-11-05, 05:25 PM
i agree with dre! they really are useless.
i cant even stay alive for 3 secs on a surf map, i fall to the ground!

helios
29-11-05, 05:49 PM
We do not really like the novelty maps for servers, we prefer normallish maps that have the standard goal. With surf maps, yes you have a goal to surf, BUT in the end, it comed down to a death match, which we really don't want.

Kbrothers
29-11-05, 06:30 PM
good- surfing is fun when u get the hang of it- which i hav not. in response to stokes- dust is like assault, it is stacked favourablly in one teams direction- however if you do get owned- it is annoying but really y continue to play if it is that annoying- i personnally do not mind whihc team i am on in dust because, i think it is an equal map.

my reason for thinking this is that in the beta of source, where dust was the only map released, the map hasnt changed at all, and the t's constantly owned cts, and it was/is a really fun map when it is close rounds like it was then. BUt for it to be like this the server needs to be full and when it gets busier hopefully make more slots on the server- t's or cts it does nto matter

Penguin
29-11-05, 06:35 PM
in response to stokes- dust is like assault, it is stacked favourablly in one teams direction
personnally do not mind whihc team i am on in dust because, i think it is an equal map.

WTF are you on about? Please can you also type in ENLGISH. I can't read that babbling when you randomly miss letters out.

Kbrothers
29-11-05, 06:38 PM
laugh out loud- (is that in full english enough for you??!?!?!?!??!?!?!???!)- just realised i just talked a load of crap- the second quotation is the one i think is true.

Penguin
29-11-05, 06:49 PM
hav
favourablly
y
personnally
whihc
the map hasnt changed at all
like it was then.
BUt
nto

^^ Yeah they're not. Why are you patronizing when I was asking you not to post b0||0x? Your post doesn't even make sense and has a load of crap (ok, I can understand if you can't spell very well, nobody is perfect, but most of those things above should be obvious). It still has difficult-to-inderstand sentances.

JFC, at least use the edit button!

Kbrothers
29-11-05, 06:55 PM
dude if you wanted people to post perfectly everytime or every time which seems to be what you want, then why do you not tell people from the beginning? i do not even know why i am bothering to defend myself for speed typing? it seems absurd when the whole point of this thread is to discuss the dust server. so what if you couldnt make out a few words beacuse they are spelt phonetically rather than standard english- as i have jsut said, speed is of the essence especially if you want people turning up to every practice etc. Some people do have a lot of work to be doing, rather than picking out everyone's mistakes. And is there any point in being blasfemous?

Penguin
29-11-05, 06:59 PM
I don't want people to post perfectly, I just don't want to attempt to read b0ll0x.

FYI, I speed type all of my forum posts. And look, they dont look like sh**. And guess what? I bet you people can read them. If you're going to speed type, at least learn how to speed type properly. Or, failing that, take time to use the edit button at least.

helios
29-11-05, 07:02 PM
I think this has been mentioned before, but there are spell checkers for web browsers. The odd spelling mistake is fine, its just that this is not an IM program, it is a place for people to express their views clearly and concisely, THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

McBain
30-11-05, 09:55 AM
Some people do have a lot of work to be doing, rather than picking out everyone's mistakes.
Yes, some of us do have a lot of work to do, and we don't want to have to spend longer than necessary trying to decipher posts of people that didn't have the common courtesy to post properly...

Anyway, point made. Lets move on.