PDA

View Full Version : Cry babys on the server

evilempire
27-11-05, 08:09 PM
why is it that even though there are no rules about it some people have to constantly cry about getting owned in the vent if i choose to camp there its my right to do so, it may be noobish but hey i dont care.
And to qoute if i am am an idiot for being there what does that make those who keep repeated;y coming back into the vent just to get shot again if you know someones there dont go in now that to me is an idiot.
Also and i dont want to name names [glow=red:c0b6690cdc]Renfro" STEAM_0:0:4952060[/glow:c0b6690cdc] but why do people feel they have to broadcast your position just because they want to camp at the vent entrance and if you have the vent covered they cant get there easy kills in my mind this is a pratice and feel your all ******s for doing it

Gamith
27-11-05, 08:15 PM
Easy cure for camping - flash grenade (or explosive come to that).

I guess that the main reason is that there are an awful lot of idiots in the world - unfortunately some of them have learnt how to use a computer and feel that it entitles them to some special treatment.

Then again I could be wrong.

ttfn

dre
27-11-05, 08:19 PM
To be honest there is nothing to stop you camping apart from it being noobish and cowardly as I and many ppl agree, you can camp if you want but expect abuse for it.

McBain
27-11-05, 08:20 PM
Can I check, where you T or CT in the vents EE?

ArTFuL DoDGeR
27-11-05, 10:13 PM
I think i can say for EE that he is a T when he goes in the vents, EE i cant understand why they broadcast they thoughts at YOU but i understand why they do have these feelings about you camping the vents, because you actually do it nearly every round and i think any vent kill is really a cheap kill, i think you shoul know how people would feel if you sit in the vents every round almost impossible to kill.

Well there are reasons why they dont work
1. if you flash him he already has his corsshair where your head would be if you came down the vents so he can just shoot steadily until he has his eyesight back.
2. he doesnt actually sit that close to the entrance so any HE grenades dont really do that much damage.

I dont really have a problem with it evil but i can understand why other people do.

Stokes

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
27-11-05, 11:33 PM
erm, so the CTs want no-one to camp the vent so they can access it easier?

Why not make all the Ts just stay in the room with the hossies. Better yet, just give them elastic bands as weapons. If there are no rules stopping people camping there then people should not complain.

And I very much doubt EE camps there when the CTs are on the way out with the hossies. That's the only camping that's cowardly, camping when you should really be stopping the team from losing.

I get it all the time for camping CT spawn on Office. The fact that I tend to kill 2 or 3 Ts as they come that way seems to get lost on people. It can't really be camping if you have a stack of people coming your way and you're stopping them from getting somewhere.

Keep up the good work EE.

McBain
27-11-05, 11:41 PM
I take your points Damn, but you have to understand, just because something isn't against any rules, doesn't mean people have no right to be annoyed by someone doing the same thing over and over again. Tbh, its one of the reasons I don't play on the assault server. It's so heavily biased. Someone then taking advantage of the biased aspects of the map, round after round is going to annoy people, thats just human nature.

helios
28-11-05, 06:08 AM
one option to sort this is i add the end of the vent as a no-go area to the anti-camp file for assault, so that people can pass through, but not stay and setup their tents for the night. ;)

McBain
28-11-05, 07:15 AM
No, we wont be doing that. That wont sort this anyway, it will just cause more arguement on the matter.

lnr
28-11-05, 08:56 AM
I don't really play the assualt server (I really really suck at it ;)) but I do know what Damn I'm Shite is talking about. I play Dust2/Office the more than anything else and I see Damn camping ALL the time. But he is camping with a legitimate reason. Normally getting huge amounts of kills (as he humbly pointed out :P). The point is if you are camping but still participating in the round, then there is really no reason to get upset about it. I think that assualt is a special issue as it is terribly difficult to dislodge the Ts who inevitably camp. I think that is sort of the point of the map and if you don't like it, don't play it. Play a map with more open spaces (like dust2...what a map....:)). Of course, even there you'll have people complaining about campers (sore losers imo). Ts complaining that CTs are guarding the bomb site too well more often than not.
The thing that bugs me though is when people fail to act in accordance with the map objectives. Ts on hostage maps are allowed some degree of camping (i.e. around the hostages). That's the point! Same for CTs on a bomb map. But Ts camping in obscure area on bomb map forcing CTs to run around madly and corpses to wait for time to run out is a problem (I imagine this is why McBain was asking which team EE was on).
Ultimately you have to just take some of the abuse hurled at you. I get called a n00b and sworn at for saying "teams?" when people are stacking. Bound to happen. Have to live with it, I just put those people on the top of my list :twisted:

Sc00by
28-11-05, 09:10 AM
The only 'bad' camping situations are a CT on a hostage map (and only then when he's one of only a couple of people left alive) or a T on a bomb map (without planting the bomb) The rest of it is fair game, if you don't like it go play UT.

Renfro
28-11-05, 05:53 PM
Ooooo, I see im a celebrity! No problems EE, you do your thang mate ;)

Renfro.

Broken Heart
29-11-05, 06:43 PM
If you are camping and you peg a few enemies while you are at it I think it is fine. But if you are hiding round a corner waiting to be shot then it is pointless and the meaning of noobish.

But... if you get the Official Half-Life 2 Walkthroguh then at the end it talks about some of the CSS maps extensivly and it points out all the best camping spots (most of them are shite) on some maps. It is official but everyone hates it.

Broken Heart
29-11-05, 06:45 PM

Gamith, most of the time when someone is campingyou can't see them so you don't chuck any grenades (unless it is one of the well known places like the side door in dust_2 ect where everyone chucks flashes :)

evilempire
30-11-05, 01:47 PM
Hi again now i'm glad this point has been raised and i play as T when i camp the vent but let it be known i dont sit in the vent and stay there the initial camping is just to clear the first few CT's that enter the vent then i make my way out onto roof i dont sit there just to save my weapon or cash it is a means to an end now usually i get owned as soon as i stick my head out of the vent and my kill to death ration isnt that of a hardened camper.
Everyone has their own tactic on a map this is mine so i feel i have the right to do it.
I dont camp every round sometimes i am by the back door and sometimes by front just depends how i feel at the time

ArTFuL DoDGeR
30-11-05, 08:04 PM
Yeh i dont think anyone actually is complaining about what your doing, it's just we can all understand why people do get annoyed with your tactic because your basically impossible to kill when your in vents.

Stokes

LiNK
01-12-05, 12:20 AM
Hi we all know i practically live on the 24/7 Assault server :p
I for one think it is okay to sit in the vent from time to time, however it must be usefull like said in posts above. When I am CT and confronted with a ventcamper i just get someone to stand on an go in the vent from the hostage room by jumping on the ladder in that part. These ventcampers that sit there at the end of the round aren't usually the brightest pickle in the jar and find themselfs quite surprised when they receive my bullet in the back of their neck :twisted:

helios
01-12-05, 06:14 AM
If you get a vent camper, easiers thing to do is shoot up through the bottom of the vent i have found. whenever i get in, i always do this, and 9//10 times, i will kill a vent camper and be acused of hacking.

evilempire
01-12-05, 07:31 PM
thing is it isn't impossible to kill a vent camper otherwise my score would always be fantastic which it isnt .
I hear through the grapevinage that an anticamping system is being set up on the server is this true and when will it take effect.
Also one other point i have found some hilarious skins on csbanana the figures are dressed in drag would these be deemed as cheating as they are a bit garish in colour or can i use them just for the joviality of it.

McBain
01-12-05, 08:50 PM
The anti camp that may be used would not stop Ts camping inside the building. It would stop CT's camping behind the CT startpoint and stuff like that.

Umm, with the skins, depends if it actually gives you an advantage or not...

evilempire
02-12-05, 10:33 PM
the skins themselves are very bright coloured so i would assume this would be deemeed an advantage my current skins are not dissimilair to the orignals just without helmets and look like gang affiliates from GTA vice city.
Also has anyone else experienced serious lag on the assault server i am pinging at 12-18 but still lag like i have a dial up connection???

frostinio
11-12-05, 09:51 PM
I think there are some really good points raised. Camping, to a degree, depending on objective, is fine. I mix it up a bit and sometimes camp to stregthen our teams position.

I can only imagine how boring it would be to always camp.

P.S Dont play Assalt only dust2/office