PDA

View Full Version : Admin needed!

LiNK
03-12-05, 11:57 AM
Because of the lack of weapon restriction it's AWP/Autosniper heaven on the server and everyone that doesn't have one is really p*ssed off.
So the people without snipers asked me to get an admin there.

LiNK

McBain
03-12-05, 12:12 PM
It's always helpful if we know what server you're talking about...

Also, if you can use IRC, you're much likely to get a faster response.

LiNK
03-12-05, 12:15 PM
Doh i thougt i typed 24/7 assault but I see now i didn't :S well it's weekend

Still have to find an IRC client that will co-operate with my system mIRC is no good at all to me here

BaDBoY UK
03-12-05, 12:31 PM
I am an admin now :twisted: and I tired to ask people not to use awms/autosniper last night but they didnt listen. If McB gave me permission to threaten any awm user with a temp kick it may help, but hopefully Mani will be ready soon. By a temp kick I mean warn everyone that awm/autosniper is banned in a nice gentle way, aimed towards people who are not regulars on the sever. If they then refuse after a few rounds, slap them, and if they continue kick them. I feel this is harsh but I was privy to alot of upset regulars last night because of people with awms/autosniper.

Just a thought, as I saw other admins doing it during Lanarchy's downtime yesterday, on other servers - it was pretty effective btw :lol:

Poo Bear
03-12-05, 12:39 PM
id just slap anyone who bought or picked up an awp to 1hp! that would make things fairer!

*pm me and il be admin i look the authority! :D*

McBain
03-12-05, 01:06 PM
BB, go for it. I kicked a guy from the Dust2 server just now. Basically, give everyone warnings, slap em a bit if you like, if they persist, just kick 'em.

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
03-12-05, 01:18 PM
Burning and freezing does a good job of sorting out the problems. It dissuades the stats whores from using them and once burnt most others can't afford hem anyway.

helios
03-12-05, 02:02 PM
also, link, you have some of us on xfire, give us a shout that way :D

edit by penguin: the random stuff spewing out of helios' fingers now makes sense :D

BaDBoY UK
03-12-05, 02:50 PM
BB, go for it. I kicked a guy from the Dust2 server just now. Basically, give everyone warnings, slap em a bit if you like, if they persist, just kick 'em.

I will never abuse admin mate, so just wanted to check. I felt really bad for the regulars who were having their game ruined by peeps who were not listening not me when i asked nicely

helios
03-12-05, 02:53 PM
the bottom line is, if they are doing something to detrement the game for other users (mic spamming, bug use, abuse, etc. etc.) warn them, and if they still persist, kick em.

If you are unsure, drop either McBain, sc00bs, lestat, penguin or myself a line and get our opinion.

BaDBoY UK
03-12-05, 03:34 PM
If you are unsure, drop either McBain, sc00bs, lestat, penguin or myself a line and get our opinion.

Will do. Thanks guys.

I have read the 'do's and dont's' thread quite a few time because I want to ensure I'm a fair admin. With all that has happened I feel I need to be extra critical of myself.