PDA

View Full Version : The Matrix Reloaded!

Crippler2032
21-05-03, 02:07 AM
Just got home from work (i am a projectionist at a cinema) and i have just finished watching The Matrix Reloaded.

I gotta say all the reviews i have seen for this have been poor, but i must say i really really enjoyed it, and thought it was better than the first one.

The fight scenes are just as good if not better than the first one, as are the effects. As for the plot, it continues on from where the first film left off, and is very enjoyable the whole way through.

Its got a trailer for 'The Matrix Revolutions' at the end of the credits and i cant wait for the final part of the trilogy in November.

Anyways i advise everyone to go see it, its two hours well spent!

:thumbs: :thumbs:

HUNTER
21-05-03, 10:21 AM
sounds soo sweet i may see it tomorrow or friday hopefully

McBain
23-05-03, 05:42 PM
Having now seen it myself, I would say I still think the first was better. Some good fight scenes in this one though, but I felt it dragged a bit at times.

The last 5 minutes were very confusing for me...someone needs to explain it to me :) Also, I don't like films that don't have an ending because they have a sequal coming, like this and LOTR :(

HUNTER
23-05-03, 09:44 PM
the brothers always had the matrix as a 3 part film.

the first one had an end so to speak but now we have reloaded and revolutions coming it the same year maybe why there is no such 'ending'

McBain
23-05-03, 10:03 PM
No I know that is the reason, still think it sux. Other people have planned films with sequals and still had proper endings for each film.

Sc00by
23-05-03, 10:29 PM
I think that in the case of LOTR you can't be too critical though. I'm sure that the last thing on J.R.R. Tolkien's mind as he wrote the book was 'chirst I'd better put some ending's in just so that it makes 3 defined films...'

Sure when the film is a film and is writtem as a film then there should be a climax to the film, or if you will an 'end', but IMHO LOTR wasn't written as a film, indeed originally it wasn't even written as 3 books, just one bloody great long one. Once they are all out you should settle down one day and watch all 3 back to back. Then the story will make sense, the criminals with LOTR are the gits that decided that we have to wait a year between each release!

btw in case you haven't guessed I'm a big LOTR fan. I've read it countless times (and indeed am towards the end of it on yet another re-read) and _love_ it!

HUNTER
24-05-03, 10:42 PM
IMHO LOTR wasn't written as a film, indeed originally it wasn't even written as 3 books, just one bloody great long one.

true but in is in fact 6 books now

Sleeperfs2
18-06-03, 01:46 PM
I will have to see BruceAlmighty with my man JIM as crazy as you all lol its out soon

Peter Piper
18-06-03, 03:01 PM
Crippler as you are a projectionist, how about a proper copy of the film. You could be a millionaire, and buy loads of computers for the biggest lan in the world - i'd better stop there.

Yes, i've seen the film but on VCD and DVD and its a wicked film. I don't care what the critics say as they speak for themselves and not for us. Despite what they say million of bums went on seat, so no one listened. As opposed to it being better than the first, yes in terms of effects etc. But at the end of the day the second was an explanation of what is going on. Just like LOTR's second film to the first. I enjoyed the second LOTR's better cos the first was just an introduction to the characters, plus there was more action.

I will see it on the big screen though as my room with 5.1/6.1 is not loud enough or big enough....lol

HUNTER
18-06-03, 06:12 PM
seen the film a while back havent posted about it.

Was a good film, loved the action, somethings, not said but that went on I didn't understand but since have asked people.

I read a christain mag my mum had and they hate all the thinking that goes on in it, wonder why...

loved it can't really wait until november

sonic_dude
05-08-03, 08:45 AM
ive never actually seen any of the matrix films but ive heard there very good, when reloaded came out every1 at skool was like, ahh yeah the matrix was sooo wicked u have to see it, but that was the 16yr olds saying that :(

plonka2000
05-08-03, 09:29 AM
I'll let you guys know how the 3rd film is...

I have a 'mate' whos gonna get me an advanced preview it seems. :lol:

Psycho Hamster
05-08-03, 04:11 PM
Matrix = Cool :) , Matrix Reloaded = Cooler :D
LOTR = First two where excelant I hope the last one is as good :D

HUNTER
06-08-03, 01:10 AM
Matrix = Cool :) , Matrix Reloaded = Cooler :D
LOTR = First two where excelant I hope the last one is as good :D

to true, shame the LOTR's films don't truely follow the books

sonic_dude
06-08-03, 07:03 AM
has ne 1 seen terminator 3 ? coz im gunna see it today (6th aug)

Crippler2032
06-08-03, 08:30 AM
yeah, seen that one too, thought it was awful :( its a 12A for ****sake...

wintermute
07-08-03, 06:42 PM
to true, shame the LOTR's films don't truely follow the books

Yeah, because 6 hour long movies would be popular with distributors...

On a similar subject, I re-read the first Harry Potter book a few days back and was amazed at how much stuff I'd forgotten which had been left out of the film.

Rob