PDA

View Full Version : Militia? When will it arrive?

LiNK
05-12-05, 01:29 PM
Aaah I can't take it any longer :crazy: I heard from thrustworthy sources that Nuke and Militia would be released at approximately the same time i.e. November. Now here (in Holland) it's already December :(
I don't know what time-zone Valve is in but I think they are a bit late with their release. Which is strange since they always deliver on time :dunce:

Does anyone know more about the release date of Militia or should I just shup up and wait patiently?

[OLSC]Fizban
05-12-05, 01:43 PM
Did they say which November?

Fiz

Mincemeat
05-12-05, 01:47 PM
Bring back the APC! (and riot shield, yes I like the riot shield)

oh, wrong map (I think it was seige), but anyway- BRING it back!

LiNK
05-12-05, 01:55 PM
The riot shield? what are you on mate? that thing was horrible!
It totally wrecked the gameplay, I was so glad they left it out of Source.
The APC you mean is it the one at CT spawn cause there was one on Militia.

Oh and Fizzy they didn't say which date (they're not that stupid;))

Renfro
05-12-05, 02:00 PM
Militia rocked, I can remember playing it in 1.6, running down that ramp to be slaughtered by sniping T's!

Renfro.

Mincemeat
05-12-05, 02:01 PM
you need riot shield to counter the Sniping AWM N00Bs!

LiNK
05-12-05, 02:03 PM
Aah like that, well I presume the AWP and Autosniper are disabled on the new [LNY] Nuke/ Militia server :D

BaDBoY UK
05-12-05, 02:05 PM
Militia rocked, I can remember playing it in 1.6, running down that ramp to be slaughtered by sniping T's!

I thought Militia was the one with the house? Or was that Seige? Both were hostage maps but I cannot remember if Milita was the one with the sewers and the house, or the one with the sewers and the underground car park.

Mincemeat
05-12-05, 02:08 PM
Seige - Underground car park, linked to sewers starting from the house outside (with a lift).

Militia - Large house, with rooftop excellent for sniping the main courtyard. In addition it has a small garage (to camp) over looking 2 sewer exit points at the rear end.

LiNK
05-12-05, 02:09 PM
Militia is the one where the T's have the hossies in a big house with sniper roof and big frontyard. There also is a sewage system like BB mentioned

BaDBoY UK
05-12-05, 02:09 PM
Seige - Underground car park, linked to sewers starting from the house outside (with a lift).

Militia - Large house, with rooftop excellent for sniping the main courtyard. In addition it has a small garage (to camp) over looking 2 sewer exit points at the rear end.

Thought so, thanks Mincemeat - I was worried my dementia was starting earlier than planned :roll:

Mincemeat
05-12-05, 02:10 PM
your welcome. Dont worry, I think we all have a short bout of dementia! although the spacial one is better (remember Armageddon?-nuke riding) :twisted:

McBain_PDA
05-12-05, 02:12 PM
sewers and house = militia

sewers, garage and APC = siege

:)

Renfro
05-12-05, 03:30 PM
Ahhhh, i love Siege then!

Renfro.

McBain
05-12-05, 05:58 PM
Lol, thats how slow it takes me to browse with my PDA then I guess (although I was eating lunch at the time). I read this thread, start to post which map is which, in the mean time 4 other posts take place! :side:

McBain
18-12-05, 09:17 AM
So it turns out Militia wont be coming out until the New Year (http://www.steampowered.com/Steam/Marketing/December16.2005/) :(

BaDBoY UK
18-12-05, 10:27 AM
Oh well.

McBain, whats the plan with incorporating this map into the servers? Its a cool map and like de_nuke, we will all be interested in playing it. Is it best to stick it in with de_nuke or make the militia map replace nuke?

McBain
18-12-05, 10:29 AM
The plan at present is it will replace de_nuke 24/7, being a Militia All Day server. The nuke server is generally the least favourite, right now its has no people on it at all, while the others all have at least 7 (wow, dust2/office is second emptiest right now :lol: )

LiNK
18-12-05, 02:35 PM
I am somewhat disappointed be the news of this delay, on the other hand I was a bit of an ass believing those Valve guys when they said it would come out at the same time as de_nuke.
Yet another reminder never to believe any dates Valve might give :side: