PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Server formation

Pathogen
06-12-05, 02:43 PM
Following on from the search for a popular 4th server (currently Nuke) here is an idea for when militia is released:-

Server 1: Dust 2 and Militia
Server 2: Assault and Nuke
Server 3: Office and Italy
Server 4: Custom Maps

Keeps people guessing.

Mincemeat
06-12-05, 03:15 PM
yeh. I cant figure it out! lol Actually, it is quite a nice combination. I like!

dre
06-12-05, 04:23 PM
Server 1: Dust 2 and Militia
Server 2: Assault and Nuke
Server 3: Office and Italy

So these are the servers u want to see on LNY???. To be honest i hate the combination!!!
leave the other 3 servers just change nuke!!!

Penguin
06-12-05, 04:37 PM
Its a good idea I think.

I think we should keep nuke- it's a good map and I like it (more importantly, other people seem to like it as wel).

I think we should keep Dust2/Office together as they kind of contrast- 1 cs_ and 1 de_, one outside in the open, the other a closed combat inside map.

I think we should either combine militia/nuke, miltia/assault or nuke/assault. :P

(donny) predator
06-12-05, 04:40 PM
I don't like the combination that much either i think office should stay with dust 2 and nuke should change asswell :)

bones
06-12-05, 04:41 PM
i think we should combine militia and nuke.
from what i have heard, militia sounds like a great map, so is nuke!
and when militia comes out people will want to play it so why not make a server with the two new maps?

(donny) predator
06-12-05, 04:50 PM
Thats exactly what i was thinking bones lol.

bones
06-12-05, 04:54 PM
lol! you are on the same wavelength as me mate :D

Mincemeat
06-12-05, 05:18 PM
:shock:

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
06-12-05, 06:20 PM
It's a fantastic idea putting nuke and assualt together!!

They're both pants maps so it means it's only the 1 server I wouldn't visit.

LiNK
06-12-05, 06:30 PM
Well with al due respect I don't think putting dust2 and militia on a server makes any sense at all, neither does assault-nuke:S
I would put assault and militia on the same server because the gameplay is somewhat the same and therefore will attract a certain type of player. Both are a house with hossies that needs to be taken over by CT.
As for the rest; Office-Italy is a good idea and so is a custom map server ;)

ArTFuL DoDGeR
06-12-05, 06:35 PM
Server 1: Dust 2 and Dust
Server 2: Assault and Office
Server 3: Nuke and Militia

Server 1 would have the two dusts on it
Server 2 would have the two hostages situation maps on it
server 3 would have the 2 new maps on it

Thats how i'd go, or you could perhaps swap dust with office and have some variation while at the same time, keeping the dust_2 / Office server the same as it is quite popular.

Only an opinion

Stokes

McBain
06-12-05, 06:53 PM
Some interesting ideas, although tbh, I've not seen anything yet to make me think we need to change the current plan. Nuke seems to be popular, but perhaps only because its new. Right now, it had less players then the custom, dust2 and assault server...

I don't think its that great a map, but perhaps that militia is. I don't mind the idea of mixing it with another map, is italy really that popular? No-one really played it when we gave it 50% of the 4th server?

We need someway of letting everyone rate all the standard maps and maybe picking the ones that consistently rate high?

ArTFuL DoDGeR
06-12-05, 06:57 PM
yes, is there anyway we can have a poll where you can have a maximum of 8 choices?

Stokes

McBain
06-12-05, 07:02 PM
It's not a poll we need. We need to be able to rate them all, not choose from them.

Penguin
06-12-05, 07:41 PM
Did we not used to have a plugin that asked the people to rate the map? It was on the custom map server when it was starting up.

McBain
06-12-05, 07:48 PM
Yeah, but I think it lagged things a bit, and we'd need to go several times round the standard map cycle to get a reasonable cross section.

Sgt. Stadanko
06-12-05, 08:12 PM
*ahem* LEAVE THE DUST2/OFFICE SERVER ALOOOONE!!!

It's the only one I really really like, although when it's full i'll go on nuke.

dre
06-12-05, 09:09 PM
Well italy sucks so just keep that out of any cycle altogether. Definitly leave custom maps alone it is amazing :)

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
06-12-05, 10:35 PM
I wouldn't of thought Custom Maps would be touched, that seems to be what the LNY servers are about, offering something different.

I would hope the Office / Dust2 server would remain untouched as well as that rulez. It's the only server that I can find that plays these two maps, it's always full, and people playing on it don't bicker like little girls.

Italy, Aztec and (unfortunately) Dust seemed to fall down a bit when introduced. I'm wondering whether this is more to do with the fact that a lot of people will only play servers in their favourites channel and don't often search the full list. I'm not sure what can be done about this other on server / website advertising.

As soon as Militia comes out I'm sure any combi server like D2/O would be very successful. It's just a matter of finding the other map. The one thing I like about D2/O is you have hossies and a bomb scenario so it doesn't too boring. I've never played Militia btw so I have no idea what everyone's raving about.

BaDBoY UK
07-12-05, 10:28 AM
*ahem* LEAVE THE DUST2/OFFICE SERVER ALOOOONE!!!

It's the only one I really really like, although when it's full i'll go on nuke.

I agree with the first part - the dust2/office server has some truly awesome players on it who are devout regulars.

As for the second part - send LNY

helios
07-12-05, 07:01 PM
ya,

Sgt. Stadanko
07-12-05, 07:24 PM
I was thinkin about that cos some people were really pissing me off today and I wish I could've booted them :evil: but things are awkward atm because I have to buy very expensive drums :(

helios
07-12-05, 08:01 PM
Admin just isn't about booting people who anoy you, it is about keeping the servers going and a nice, fun environment.

Admin is a bit more (

bones
07-12-05, 08:36 PM
i would like to become an admin but i just cant be bothered to pay the

ArTFuL DoDGeR
07-12-05, 09:06 PM
I dont think you can do that bones the whole idea of giving people the admin features is you donate the

dre
07-12-05, 09:43 PM

(donny) predator
08-12-05, 04:48 PM
I think it is worth it asswell and if i was in the clan i would probly pay it if i wanted to be one.

Penguin
11-12-05, 10:38 PM
Umm, just a quick update. :)

Apparently Militia will be released this week, and the new players models "will go out around the same time". Valve are "testing them now".

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
11-12-05, 10:42 PM
After all the hype about Militia it had better be good! Is it comparable to any of the current maps? All I know so far is that it's a hossie map.

LiNK
12-12-05, 11:24 AM
Oooh militia time is coming!!!!! *sits in chair like a puppy that has to stay in his bench* and new model to!!
Well there's not much more left to ask for X-mas is there??

Oh, on the donation thing, I would like to contribute to LNY by paying monthly.
If someone in charge of this could PM me on the details that would be great.

Or like the church always says: "No donation, No salvation"

McBain
12-12-05, 11:49 AM
Donations or monthly contributions are always greatly appreciated, see this post (http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3556) on how you can send us money.

Have a look at that, then perhaps catch me on Xfire at somepoint :thumbs: