PDA

View Full Version : Lanarchy 11 - 21st June

McBain
26-05-03, 07:09 PM
http://lanarchy.co.uk/images/microdirect/mdbannerlink.gif (http://www.microdirect.co.uk)

One year on from Lanarchy 1 (less a day) comes Lanarchy 11 (http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/events/index.html). For our anniversary this event will be sponsored by Microdirect (http://www.microdirect.co.uk), who have given us a great LG Soul Digital MP3 Player to give away.

http://lanarchy.co.uk/images/microdirect/lg-mfpd300.jpg

To make our '1 year on event' special, we have plenty of prizes, games, Virgin Gift Vouchers, mouse mats and other goodies too.

Anyway, now to the actual event details. As with the last couple of events L11 will be held at St Marks Church Hall, starting at 10am and finishing at 10pm. Entrance fees are the same as the last couple of events,

Skavorn
26-05-03, 07:37 PM
omg wicked!!!

Andy how do u keep all these sponsors flowing in!!! My word thats amazing, I always wanted a mp3 player. I want that big time!!!

Please GOD make me win!!!

McBain
31-05-03, 08:36 AM
Our fairly standard schedule will be used again -

12noon - CS 4 on 4 Knockout competition

2pm - eRacer Elimination

3pm - Battlefield 1942

6pm - UT2003 Deathmatch

7pm - Age of Mythology Doubles Match

The MP3 player is given to the Lanarchy Champion (person who has performed best across all these games) and we have Gift Vouchers for the winner of the CS 4 on 4 :)

HUNTER
31-05-03, 10:13 AM
GVs?

looks good, well i know i may stand a chance at ut2003 lol

if i come 2nd in eracer thats also good.

can i join 3 of CoF for the CS?

McBain
31-05-03, 10:19 AM
Sorry, GVs = Gift Vouchers :) I've edited it in the post :thumbs:

As for joining CoF, we'll have to wait and see who we have there. If it works that way, no problem.

HUNTER
31-05-03, 10:29 AM
cool :)

can i ask where Gift Vouchers can be spent?

Crippler2032
01-06-03, 11:41 PM
I gotta admit Hunter is somewhat unique, he must be the only person on the planet who actually thinks that CoF are any good at CS... 8)

HUNTER
02-06-03, 05:25 PM
Cripp, now you've seen me play CS, and you may also see me play this friday.... :D

McBain
02-06-03, 10:01 PM
No he wont, cause he wont Cripp wont be there :(

HUNTER
03-06-03, 07:44 PM
shame, u must have killed me at L10 at least once :D

McBain
08-06-03, 04:42 PM
We're willing to up the Gift Vouchers to

HUNTER
08-06-03, 08:12 PM
well i will play, going on my friday night i shouldn't be 2 bad

Skavorn
08-06-03, 11:00 PM
yeah I know its a few posts back....but wow!!! that schedule looks wicked!!!

BF1942!!! yes we have chance!!!

CS!!! we may as well just forfiet LOL

AOM!! Just bring it!!

ERACER!!! Whos knows?

UT2003!!! Well I better start practising....

McBain
14-06-03, 07:41 AM
The discussion about UT and CS has been moved here (http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=455) :)

McBain
16-06-03, 09:29 PM
There's only about 10 people booked at this point, so these prizes could be easy pickings this Saturday :) Come on folks, get booked :)

Any SEL guys coming this weekend?

HUNTER
19-06-03, 06:40 PM
well i will win the mp3 player at this rate if the SEL guys don't show, i mean all i really need is a UT2003 win :)

Peter Piper
19-06-03, 07:05 PM
No, Hunter...lol. According to the rules of the Lan, you have to get some high placements in each game to either be considered for the prize. I see you are relying on UT2003 to help you, well if that is the case then we will burst your bubble...lol.

I think there are only 3 of us coming, so i think you may have some competition for the prize or maybe not....lol. As far as i know we own you in BF, Eracer and UT2003, so we have won the prize already....lol

McBain
19-06-03, 07:11 PM
Great to here you guys are coming along Peter. Who will it be? You, Simon and Sleeper? (So I can add you all to the list :thumbs: )

Peter Piper
19-06-03, 08:04 PM
Really not sure Mc Bain. Me and Simon so far. Sleepers machine is in the menders, KOS is moving home, Digit i think is working or going out. So not sure :(. Will have to find replacements, so its a bit of a short notice.

But what you could do is book a monitor for me, that nice Sony one. I think Simon will need one, but will talk to him later.

Anyway, will see you when we get there.

McBain
19-06-03, 08:06 PM
Okay, cool. Confirm as soon as Simon knows if he wants a monitor then please :)

HUNTER
19-06-03, 09:24 PM
thats good then i need a UT2003 challange :), tell Si that he can kick my ass in CS but i will kick his in UT2003 ;)

Mincemeat
20-06-03, 12:09 AM
BRING IT ON. 8)

Prepare to have ur asses kicked (especially hunter 8) !!
my machine is all fixed. tested the BF, CS and UT2003 games and they all work fine, except still abit low in mem- using 900mb page file to compensate. Friday morning i get my 512 stick means i get 768ddr!! hence shall i let windows manage page file? or maker it lower manually?

well im just goona have one more practise. (YES scooby i know i know im crap at Eracer. but we will see on sat muhahahahaha :twisted: )

Just asking one favour of anyone?! My mate might join as well but he is bringing his laptop. BF works fine on it but he doesnt have UT2003. Can anyone lend him the game on the day. I have downloaded all the patches (no cd) so just need the original now. Also if u have eracer (im sure Mcbain will) just bring that along as well. Cheers

I watched the matrix today. Its a brilliant film. The critics can say what they want (the ones that gave it bad reviews probably didnt understand the first one as well) but that film rocks. Wow the special effects are just mindblowing..... :lol:

Anyway i will do just one last check of the forums here and mail tomorrow. Then i pack my pc and get the directions ready. i might drive down on friday night just for practise! im going to actually drive to this lanarchy. WOW. HUNTER take note- learn to drive quick it realy helps man (unless u dont know where ur going :shock: )

SEE U on the Other Side and those who arent on the list can still turn up (its always the case-- lazy sods) so im sure we will have 20+ on sat.

TAKE CARE ALL (PS: yo simple S in C&C generals after 30 s all my units die and the game finishes>? why? copy protection?)

BYE :wink:

HUNTER
20-06-03, 08:39 AM
yay competition :D

i know i will start to learn as soon as i'm 17 :)

yeah UT2003 should be a blast :)

Reevey
20-06-03, 09:46 AM
I got my money on Slippy being number 1 overall :)

Peter Piper
20-06-03, 12:40 PM
Mincemeat, if you have a copy of General's (not the original) and you connect to the internet to patch it or patch it manually. Then the game will crash. Not sure why, but thats what happens. What actually happens is that you play a Skimish, you get one worker, you tell him to collect, he collects and then as he delivers it to the base, the base and him blow up, end of game....lol. Or you continue to play a mission that you was already on, you finish it, and then notice that the Continue button is not available for you to progress further....lol. Thats the mad patch update at work....lol

Its best that you just leave it at version 1.0 and don't patch it, it will work fine then

Simple_Simon
20-06-03, 02:32 PM
Hey Mcbain can you hold a monitor for me aswell a 15" will fo nice :D

McBain
20-06-03, 06:15 PM
No worries guys, we'll bring two monitors with us then.

I got my money on Slippy being number 1 overall :)

I don't know about that. He may be far and away the better CS player, but I dont know if he plays UT, eRacer or AoM...

Anyone that doesn't have AoM, get it from us early in the day so we dont need to mess about with it later on :thumbs:

HUNTER
20-06-03, 07:25 PM
yeah i was lucky to borrow it from next door again so i could warmup so to speak

McBain
20-06-03, 07:53 PM
Btw, anyone who wants to practise, I've installed version 1.4 of Battlefield Server and stuck Desert Combat 0.35e (I hope they haven't released a new version!) so we can all get on that tomorrow :thumbs:

Reevey
20-06-03, 08:20 PM
Slippy = Solid UT player, just he plays Insta more not too sure about his normal play. But I still got my money on him.

McBain
21-06-03, 10:40 PM
Congratulations Peter_Piper for winning the MP3 player :thumbs:

Thanks to everyone that came, I had a great time, I hope you all did too. :)

McBain
22-06-03, 09:08 AM
Photo's for the day are uploaded here (http://photo.andycr.com/L11/index.html).

A 4meg video (not the best quality as I had to get it compressed enough) is uploaded here :arrow: Lanarchy11.wmv (http://photo.andycr.com/L11/Lanarchy11.wmv)

HUNTER
22-06-03, 09:57 AM
thanks for the day well done to Peter, i hate those tables, mcBain L12 can u bring a table of yours?

those are a pain

currently Simple_Simon owns me and should be giving me pocket money can you keep an eye out to make sure he does ;)

Mincemeat
22-06-03, 11:14 AM
yeh my mate and I HAD a great time. EVEN though my system was plagued with endless system hangs and crashes :evil: . I will get that sorted for the next lanarchy. btw when is the next one?

HUNTER WROTE:

"currently Simple_Simon owns me and should be giving me pocket money can you keep an eye out to make sure he does "

Mate even i owned u in UT2003 hehehe i came 2nd with a tie with 'player' at 69 kills. i told ya i will kick ur ass. and i did. 8)

see ya at the next Lanarchy.

Peter Piper
22-06-03, 11:37 AM
Thanks again Lanarchy for a wicked Lan. Really surprised i won but i think Eracer the good scores in CS (for once), 15 kills 7 deaths :D. Not to mention the leaving of the UKLan crew may have had something to do with it. It would have been nice to see what would have happened if they'd stayed. Anyway i feel good cos i won :D

Unfortunately the MP3 player didn't come with any drivers, and LG doesn't have anything on that model on their site, which is a bummer. Can't find 2000 or XP drivers anywhere and the ones they do have didn't work :(. I have been to a forum and it seems common knowledge, but they have suggested the best way is to buy a card reader, store the stuff on there and put it in the player. I'm off to the computer fair to look for one to see if it works. :(

Yes Hunter, we own you ....lol. So get practicing with the other games and try not to rely on your UT skills too much. Cos as you now see, me and the [SEL] clan are very versatile, and one day the full clan will turn up and you will most definitely be owned. You will be our dawg.....lol

Once again Lanarchy, well done. And well played Mincemeat, like you i had probs, i have a dodgy RAM stick so will sort it by the next lan. Mine crashed during BF (due to that stupid Windows Sticky key thingy, which i think i have finally turned off). And it crashed after i finished playing Eracer, not sure if it was the game or the server being stopped.

Anyway good game to all :D:D:D

Peter Piper
22-06-03, 11:55 AM
Damn, i just watched the video and its cool :D . I like the sound track, it goes with the day we had. And i look good.......lollolol

Damn, i also just noticed that i have moved up to Headshot after posting my 50th post. Damn, could the weekend get any better?

Wicked :D

Khan
22-06-03, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the great day lads, was nice to meet up with some other lanners. Keep up the good work and I will see you all soon.

Khan

Slippy
22-06-03, 04:16 PM
^^ same :)

HUNTER
22-06-03, 09:23 PM
lol guys guys guys lol,

i'm not a big CS player and don't really want to be able to rely on it as a skill. and I only enjoy it when mucking around.

I've been into ut since UT1 and have enjoyed not having to buy weapons

just me i just play lol :)

Peter Piper
22-06-03, 09:52 PM
Hunter, you nutter. I said relying on your UT skills, not CS. lol read my post again.

Anyway, it was nice owning you, now Simon does....lol

Simple_Simon
22-06-03, 10:34 PM
Hi all thanks for a really good da guys, i still think i should of won the MP3 player but i'll get over it some day....lol.

I OWN YOU HUNTER AND YOU ARE MY BITCH :D

briktopp
23-06-03, 12:57 PM
Happy Birthday Lanarchy - sorry I havnt been able to make the last few events but hope I will catch up with some of you fellas at future events (If I can ever get away from working saturdays)

HUNTER
23-06-03, 05:54 PM
Thanks to MrsScoobs for the cake, was great :D