PDA

View Full Version : weapon models&skin :/

Burner
08-12-05, 05:47 PM
Hey guys...
I dlled a skin pack from csbanana and I extacted it to my csstrike folder.
But when I get ingame I still have my default dull looking m4a1 skin,
If anyone coud help me with this, I would really really appreciate it :P.

Burner

bones
08-12-05, 05:49 PM
i am in the same boat as you mate. i dont even know how to make the skins work..... :cry:

BaDBoY UK
08-12-05, 05:50 PM
Give me tonight and I will produce an easy to follow set of instructions on how to install and use skins for css

:twisted:

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
08-12-05, 05:52 PM
Alright guys, I've found that when I use winzip to extract the file to the cstrike folder it just dumps them straight in without creating the parent folders for the files. I switched to Winrar (http://www.rarlab.com/) which works perfectly. You just extract to the cstrike folder and all the parent folders are created and files put in the correct places.

Hope this helps somewhat

dre
08-12-05, 06:22 PM
If you come on teamspeak about 8 i will explain everything for you m8's

bones
08-12-05, 06:38 PM
cool guys thanks!

Burner
09-12-05, 11:57 AM
To bad I wasnt on in the evening yesterday :roll:
But there is something weird about my problem.
Becouse I did instal everything using winrar and then double-checked if everything was in the right folder. But when I start up CSS and get in a server, I still have my default m4a1 skin. And yes, I even have the prob in non-vac servers.

dre
09-12-05, 03:27 PM
I dont think there is a difference between Vac and non with skins is there. There is only one problem if the servers consitency is set to 1.

Burner
09-12-05, 03:30 PM
Ah well, Someone needs to respond quick, or I'm gonna reinstall my css :P

dre
09-12-05, 04:22 PM
well cum on TS about 8 and u can tell me what u got where and ill see if it is right. (also they have to be spelt right!!)

helios
09-12-05, 05:50 PM
I dont think there is a difference between Vac and non with skins is there. There is only one problem if the servers consitency is set to 1.

Not quite true there - there are 3 levels of consistency
2 - full blown, everything must be the same as the server
1 - skins and models can differ, but models cannot be overly large (stops models that give an unfair advantage... usually)
0 - no consistency
I have found i can sometimes connect to sv_consistency 1 server fine, and other times not.
Also - remeber servers seem to start up with a defaut of 2 (even though it reads 1), and then changes on the map change.

As for your sin problem, did the pack include an M4A1 skin?

bones
09-12-05, 06:39 PM
i got a skin to work! but the nuke 24/7 server is not letting me use the skin!
it gives me an error message like "missing skin ak47" or something like that...
what is the server consistancy set to?

Burner
09-12-05, 07:05 PM

Not quite true there - there are 3 levels of consistency
2 - full blown, everything must be the same as the server
1 - skins and models can differ, but models cannot be overly large (stops models that give an unfair advantage... usually)
0 - no consistency
I have found i can sometimes connect to sv_consistency 1 server fine, and other times not.
Also - remeber servers seem to start up with a defaut of 2 (even though it reads 1), and then changes on the map change.

As for your sin problem, did the pack include an M4A1 skin?
Yep it did, I downloaded a m4a1 skin with a laser ontop of it from csbanana.

dre
09-12-05, 07:19 PM
Well you prob put it in wrong place or folders wrong place.

Burner
10-12-05, 10:57 AM
I'm sure I didnt. rogramfiles>valve>steam>steamapps>rishi11>counterstrikesource>csstrike>materials>models>weapons>v_models>samuraisword> and here are some files named vmt and vtf
thats were they all are

FIDDY
11-12-05, 12:30 PM
if you see me,dre or badboy around then just ask us and we will help you out mate.
add me on xfire and ill sort you out,
make sure you spell weapons right aswell as i explained it to dre about four times and he did everything right exept spell the folder name correctly.
i found this out when i had to go to his house to sort it for him

Pathogen
11-12-05, 12:58 PM
Do skins work on the LNY servers?

helios
11-12-05, 01:10 PM
um, there is no reason why they don't. The only problem you may get is the server forcing consistency on the files, which happens with over-sized models

BaDBoY UK
11-12-05, 01:21 PM
Together Burner and I sorted this problem. It seemed that steam was working out of a different folder than the one in which the skins where.

Sorted and I hope you enjoy em Burner - better skins make the game better - at least for me :)

Pathogen
11-12-05, 02:00 PM
Skins work fine on LNY, cheers helios

Burner
11-12-05, 02:34 PM
Yeah thanks again badboy, and fiddy helped me to :wink:

FIDDY
11-12-05, 09:28 PM
what???
i thought i helped you?
was it badboy? not me