PDA

View Full Version : Models

Sc00by
07-06-03, 05:23 PM
Anyone got any nice models that they use?

I've installed the csrealism update which I have to confess I really like it(though more for the sounds that the looks...)

It can be downloaded from http://www.csrealism.com and is worth a look (skavorn was looking at it quite longingly last night). Though IIRC McBain had some problems with it...

I got the full pack download (around 46 MB IIRC) and have had no problems with it and it does look quite funky. (though there is a seperate littel DL/patch that fixes some display screens which the main DL screws up)

My only critisim of it is that the zoom sight on the 'baby sig' (ssg552?) is bloody awful (must remember to go and get another one) otherwise a solid 9/10 from me...

McBain
07-06-03, 05:29 PM
I have a couple of model packs I made myself, but I think alot of the terrorists look like the ones in the realism patch...

Crippler2032
08-06-03, 01:53 AM
i'm currently using Fusion pack 8, altho i've changed about 4 gun models because they sucked... but now i like my models :)

Reevey
08-06-03, 02:18 PM
Default :)

HUNTER
08-06-03, 08:14 PM
hell yeah default models are best :D

Skavorn
08-06-03, 10:53 PM
no this is the daddy. Wot I like about it, is u can tell wot the guns are however the all look better you wont get confused and its easy to pick up.

dunno wot the sounds r like but it LOOKED the daddy

Sc00by
25-07-03, 11:07 PM
CS_RU 4.1 is available (though good luck downloading as the mirrors are a bit shit tbh) and I've got it and it's ___king superb!

Highly recommended* - all I have to test now is whether I can login to a password protected game! :P

The aug looks the dogs hairy sphericals...

* so go on how do you spell it?
[edited and corrected I knew it was double something, but can never remember what...]

wintermute
26-07-03, 11:33 AM
* so go on how do you spell it?

www.dictionary.com

Rob

McBain
26-07-03, 05:51 PM
CS_RU 4.1 is available (though good luck downloading as the mirrors are a bit shit tbh)

How big is it? If I give you ftp details could you upload it to the CoF site?

Sc00by
28-07-03, 05:23 PM
It's a touch over 50Mb (51.1 or something I think) and yeah I'll upload it or you can copy it over on Friday? either/or I don't mind...:)

McBain
28-07-03, 09:41 PM
OK, I'll get it Friday and then check how much webspace I still have :thumbs:

Crippler2032
24-08-03, 09:51 PM
I'll bring this thread back to life cause i cant seem to find any decent models online anymore, I'm still using Fusion pack 8 with a few changes, but i am looking for new skins for the TMP & MAC10, cause the bots use these all the time and when i pick them up i dont like the way they look, if anyone can point me in the direction of some decent replacements for them it would be much appreciated.

Sc00by
24-08-03, 10:19 PM
Well I still stand by the CS|RU pack. The TMP & MAC10 both look fine on it. And this (http://www.gametiger.net/download/v4.0/gametiger.exe) little program means I can access password protected servers with it too!

:thumbs:

McBain
24-08-03, 10:30 PM
How does Gametiger allow you in, where ASE didn't?

Sc00by
24-08-03, 10:38 PM
How does Gametiger allow you in, where ASE didn't?

I really don't know, but it does and I'm not complaining... :?
FWIW it was recommended to me by a geezer off the CS|RU Forum, but I only got to test it in the week...

I had this horrible feeling I was going to have to go back to the original models and that scared me!
BTW, the fusion pack models really suck! (IMHO)

Psycho Hamster
24-08-03, 10:40 PM
Well I still stand by the CS|RU pack. The TMP & MAC10 both look fine on it. And this (http://www.gametiger.net/download/v4.0/gametiger.exe) little program means I can access password protected servers with it too!

Can you post a link to this pack please???

Sc00by
24-08-03, 10:43 PM
:thumbs: (http://www.csrealism.com/)

(Click the thumb! :) )

Psycho Hamster
24-08-03, 10:45 PM
:thumbs: (http://www.csrealism.com/)

(Click the thumb! :) )

Thanks Scoobs :D

Sc00by
24-08-03, 10:56 PM
No problem. let me know what you think of it and also let me know if you have problems connecting to password protected servers using anything but gametiger. Cos gametiger is the only way I can get in, but at least I CAN get in now :thumbs:

HUNTER
25-08-03, 05:54 PM
scooby i'm having a problem with the aug file u sent over and it not showing a crosshair when i zoom in. can anyone offer help?

Psycho Hamster
25-08-03, 07:09 PM
No problem. let me know what you think of it and also let me know if you have problems connecting to password protected servers using anything but gametiger. Cos gametiger is the only way I can get in, but at least I CAN get in now :thumbs:

I like it but have a couple of Problems.

1. The P99 Model is see through, looks like it's made of Glass (kinda cool but puts me off) :D
2. The Aug and M41A models are the same as before, is this correct or a problem?
3. Theres no SAS model, how dare they get rid of the best type of Anti-terrorist unit in the world!!! :lol:

Sc00by
25-08-03, 08:46 PM
[
I like it but have a couple of Problems.

1. The P99 Model is see through, looks like it's made of Glass (kinda cool but puts me off) :D
2. The Aug and M41A models are the same as before, is this correct or a problem?
3. Theres no SAS model, how dare they get rid of the best type of Anti-terrorist unit in the world!!! :lol:

1. which one is the P99? I don't recall ANY see 'through' models. Will have a play and see in a bit though

2. Oh no they aren't, The Aug is black and looks quite funky & the colt looks way better. Honest. I'll get a couple of screenies and post them later tonight.

3. True :( But he modle that replaces it is way cool (with the red beret and you can always change the menu thingy so that it says SAS :thumbs:

Psycho Hamster
25-08-03, 08:57 PM
P99 replaces my Favorite side arm the Five-Seven :(

Sc00by
25-08-03, 09:00 PM
Mines got a laser sight and is def. not see through!

Psycho Hamster
25-08-03, 09:01 PM
Mines got a laser sight and is def. not see through!

Something is wrong then thanks for confirming :)

Sc00by
25-08-03, 09:20 PM
This is what mine look like!

p99:
http://cooler.iamyourhost.com/upload/pub/p991.JPG
m4A1:
http://cooler.iamyourhost.com/upload/pub/colt1.JPG
Aug:
http://cooler.iamyourhost.com/upload/pub/aug1.JPG

editied to resize images a bit...

McBain
25-08-03, 09:21 PM
Wow, next tutorial needs to be how to resize images :P

Skavorn
26-08-03, 03:11 AM
yeah...I saw Scoobs using that mod pack and now I use it too its awesome....the guns are easily recoginsbale but better loooking actions and nicers sounds...basically everythings better....the colt looks friggin beautiful

Sc00by
26-08-03, 03:27 AM
scooby i'm having a problem with the aug file u sent over and it not showing a crosshair when i zoom in. can anyone offer help?

I sent the same file to McBain. He's not reported any problems... Did you save it where I tod you to? Because it should've worked OK, NP!

You're not coming to CoF are you? I was going to suggest that we look at it there! :?
I'd check that you have saved it where you should've saved it, and hopefully McBain may be able to offer further assistance should you require it! :thumbs:

Skavorn
26-08-03, 03:31 AM
nah it should work fine....yes I am coming CoF...why did u think I wasnt?

Sc00by
26-08-03, 03:35 AM
nah it should work fine....yes I am coming CoF...why did u think I wasnt?

:stupid:

Who was I replying to in the post above yours? I even quoted what I was replying to so it was clear as the original post was a couple back! I know you are coming to CoF, bu Hunter isn't, which is who I was replying to!

:roll:

Skavorn
26-08-03, 03:49 AM
:munt: :oops: my mistake..

McBain
26-08-03, 08:04 AM
I'd check that you have saved it where you should've saved it, and hopefully McBain may be able to offer further assistance should you require it! :thumbs:

Nope, cause mine don't work either... :(

Sc00by
26-08-03, 08:15 AM
Ah! Bugger :( Oh well we can have a mess with it on Friday and then once we know the answer mail it to Hunter! :thumbs:

HUNTER
26-08-03, 06:57 PM
Ah! Bugger :( Oh well we can have a mess with it on Friday and then once we know the answer mail it to Hunter! :thumbs:

sounds like a good plan scooby :D

Sc00by
26-08-03, 07:27 PM
Psycho! Have you sorted the model pack out yet?

Somewhere back on page two are some pics of what the models should look like...

Psycho Hamster
26-08-03, 07:28 PM
Psycho! Have you sorted the model pack out yet?

Not yet, will do before LAN12/SCX though :)

Skavorn
27-08-03, 12:20 AM

How could they NOT, look like that?

Sc00by
27-08-03, 08:30 AM

At a guess it's because something went wrong during the installation process. But what that thing was is anybodys guess...
Psycho, you did just drop the one file (51 Mb ish?) and not try and do the individual updates? Oh and remembering the specs of your PC I doubt that you need the 'lite' pack either :D

Psycho Hamster
27-08-03, 04:24 PM

At a guess it's because something went wrong during the installation process. But what that thing was is anybodys guess...
Psycho, you did just drop the one file (51 Mb ish?) and not try and do the individual updates? Oh and remembering the specs of your PC I doubt that you need the 'lite' pack either :D

Yup did it by the book :D

Skavorn
27-08-03, 04:34 PM

How many quotes inside quotes can we get?

Is this a record?

Crippler2032
27-08-03, 04:36 PM

Is this a record?

No. And please keep your spam on topic Skavorn cause i can mod this forum if need be.

Back to topic, PH use the fusion pack (much better and all the models will be fine)

Psycho Hamster
27-08-03, 04:42 PM

Is this a record?

No. And please keep your spam on topic Skavorn cause i can mod this forum if need be.

Back to topic, PH use the fusion pack (much better and all the models will be fine)

Where can I get the Fusion pack from???

And sorry for the extra Spam I couldnt help my self :D

Crippler2032
27-08-03, 04:45 PM
you can download it from Here (http://www.games-fusion.net/)

just head to the downloads section for all sorts of CS stuff

Skavorn
27-08-03, 06:29 PM
well I think that was 7 quotes before Crippler ended it.... :twisted:

Just get CS realism its the best!!!! Better than All The Rest!!! Better than anyone!! :spin:

Psycho Hamster
27-08-03, 07:32 PM
Thanks for that....Tina! :lol:

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
27-08-03, 08:14 PM
what does it do then?

(cs realism)

Psycho Hamster
27-08-03, 08:18 PM
Changes the skins for Guns and people and changes sounds and other stuff to.

I have installed Fusion and I must say I like it :D

Think I will give CS|RU another go though at some point.

Sc00by
27-08-03, 11:58 PM

CS|RU gets hold of a your models and makes them more 'realistic' the sounds/voice coms/gun models/player models/gun sights & even the menu get changed. Fusion does the same thing. The difference is that Fusion has gone all 'fantasy' and CS|RU has gone all realistic (so the guns look/sound more like their real life counter parts.

Which one you go for is up to you, I like the 'realism' part of CS|RU and think that the Fusion Pack makes the game look like it's out of a comic, but that's just MHO. (The AK is a joke! and some of the player models look like they where created by the guy that draws tom & Jerry! - again IMHO)

I'm not sure why Psycho had problems with CS|RU though. I DLed the installer told it where to install to and have no problems since (apart from the password protected servers one, but I've got round that now) Psycho, I'd do a clean 1.5 install and then apply the pack again - that should sort it! :thumbs:

Crippler2032
28-08-03, 12:08 AM

CS|RU gets hold of a your models and makes them more 'realistic' the sounds/voice coms/gun models/player models/gun sights & even the menu get changed. Fusion does the same thing. The difference is that Fusion has gone all 'fantasy' and CS|RU has gone all realistic (so the guns look/sound more like their real life counter parts.

Which one you go for is up to you, I like the 'realism' part of CS|RU and think that the Fusion Pack makes the game look like it's out of a comic, but that's just MHO. (The AK is a joke! and some of the player models look like they where created by the guy that draws tom & Jerry! - again IMHO)

I'm not sure why Psycho had problems with CS|RU though. I DLed the installer told it where to install to and have no problems since (apart from the password protected servers one, but I've got round that now) Psycho, I'd do a clean 1.5 install and then apply the pack again - that should sort it! :thumbs:

Fusion pack uses all REAL guns... i cant remember what the AK was like (i changed it cause i didnt like it) but all the guns included in the fusion packs are models of real guns.

Sc00by
28-08-03, 12:12 AM
Ever seen a RL AK? (On the telly for instance?) It looks NOTHING like what is supposed to be an AK in the fusion pack. And anyway I did say that it was all IMHO! :P

Crippler2032
28-08-03, 12:16 AM
Ever seen a RL AK? (On the telly for instance?) It looks NOTHING like what is supposed to be an AK in the fusion pack. And anyway I did say that it was all IMHO! :P

Yes i have seen a RL Ak (i used to be an army cadet and they had all those weapons lying around every now and again...)

And i know you said IMHO but i am just stating that they are supposed to be RL guns... all i know is the AUG isnt an AUG but a different RL gun swapped in the the AUG, i cant remember if the AK has a replacement tho, or if its actually ment to be an AK...

Sc00by
28-08-03, 12:18 AM
Lets just agree to differ then :) I like the realism pack, you like the fusion pack. Both are a damn sight better than the default models and for that let us all be grateful :!:

Crippler2032
28-08-03, 12:20 AM
Lets just agree to differ then :) I like the realism pack, you like the fusion pack. Both are a damn sight better than the default models and for that let us all be grateful :!:

First and probably last time i will say this to you Scoobs, I couldnt agree more... :D

Skavorn
28-08-03, 02:35 AM
ya the fusion pack is still better than the default ones but I know atleast in the older versions the guns and the modles were really cool looking but unrecognisable (how the fuck do u spell that word?)

Sc00by
28-08-03, 02:41 AM
but unrecognisable (how the f*ck do u spell that word?)

By either going to http://www.dictionary.com/ (thanks Rob) or by getting close and then right clicking and selecting 'Check Spelling'! Which I can do 'cos I DLed the IE spell checker thingy that McBain recommended!

Though scarily enough you appear to have got it right! :shock:

McBain
28-08-03, 09:37 AM
Jeez Skav, just go download the damn spell check add on for IE :roll:

Tbh, I would probably use the RU if it didn't have bugs (not letting you join a passworded server - and I'm not installing another 3rd party peice of software to do that...I'll use fusion instead)

Sc00by
28-08-03, 02:50 PM
Tbh, I would probably use the RU if it didn't have bugs (not letting you join a passworded server...)

No one else on the CS|RU forum seems to be having this problem you know? I wonder if it's got something to do with the CoF autoexec falling out with CS|RU (or the Config?)

Can someone email me the default CS autoexec and config .cfg files please? Mine have long gone, I want to see if they work (and I'll be able to test it on Tuesday :thumbs: ) Then It's just a case of wading through and seeing what it's falling out with. Hopefully (if it works with the defaults) it's nothing that's too important (or can't be done another way)

Sc00by
28-08-03, 02:53 PM
I got an error (my end nothing to do with the forum) when posting that last messge and it doesn't appear to have updated the forum, so there's no 'new message' flag. So I'm posting this so that there is one! :D

McBain
28-08-03, 04:21 PM
There is no autoexec.cfg by default...so you just need a default config.cfg... :)

Sc00by
28-08-03, 05:53 PM
There is no autoexec.cfg by default...so you just need a default config.cfg... :)

So if I rename my autoexec.cfg CS will still work? Just with the default keys Yes?

Well there is an easy test :D All I need now is a password protected CS server to test it against. I wonder where I can find one of those... :D

Sc00by
28-08-03, 05:54 PM
No page 5, posting to make it appear.

McBain
28-08-03, 06:13 PM
So if I rename my autoexec.cfg CS will still work? Just with the default keys Yes?

I would be rather amazed if it did. How would your config.cfg file re-write itself to not reference the autoexec.cfg file that no longer existed?

Sc00by
28-08-03, 06:17 PM
Won't it just ignore the bind names it can't find? Oh I'll try it later and see what happens :lol:

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
28-08-03, 08:02 PM
I'm sure I've tried deleting (well renaming actually, but the end result was the same) both files - it worked fine and recreated both....

Dusted
28-08-03, 08:12 PM
Talking of the CS RU pack, I've installed it and joined the CoF server, yet all the models I see apart from mine are the normal CS ones :?:

Should it not update the models through out? Like Fusion? :?:

Psycho Hamster
28-08-03, 08:55 PM
The AK in the Fusion pack has a silencer on it, thats why it looks shit! :lol:

wintermute
28-08-03, 10:10 PM
Won't it just ignore the bind names it can't find? Oh I'll try it later and see what happens :lol:

Or, as I discovered on Monday, if you go into the keybindings bit and hit 'Defaults' it restores your config.cfg file to it's original state.

Rob

Sc00by
29-08-03, 08:18 AM
You can just delete/rename both cfg files and CS sorts it's self out. I don't know if I could then connect to a P/Wed server or not cos I didn't have one available to try against last night, but I do know that it didnt' fix the other thing I was trying to fix :( (Which was switching between weapons - I've seen people be able to press 1 and switch straight to their primary weapon, but on my system doing that 'pre-selects' the weapon and then fire switches to it :( Don't seem to be able to make it work the other way (just using one key) And after removing my autoexec and config it's still the same :(

Anyone know how I get it to work off one key?

And Dusted, yes all the models should change! Why does everyone seem to be having trouble with it? It worked fine for me (and Skav. and McBain - apart from the PWed servers thing)

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
29-08-03, 09:11 AM
could have tried our OLSC server, we had cs on last night

to fix the gun thing : bring down the console type "hud_fastswitch 1" rock & roll babyhaving said that - it doesn't seem to work for everyone - let me know if it doesn't and i'll post my "fastswitch fixer" script for ya

Sc00by
29-08-03, 09:33 AM
Thank you Mr Smurf :) I'll try that later!

McBain
29-08-03, 09:54 AM
Isn't that what I told you to try already Sc00bs? :roll: :P

Sc00by
29-08-03, 11:02 AM
Isn't that what I told you to try already Sc00bs? :roll: :P

hud_fastswitch "0"

So, no it wasn't. :P :D

McBain
29-08-03, 12:35 PM
You asked me what the likely cause was... I have you that variable in the config file...if you didn't try changing it, surely thats your own look out :P

Dusted
29-08-03, 01:08 PM
And Dusted, yes all the models should change! Why does everyone seem to be having trouble with it? It worked fine for me (and Skav. and McBain - apart from the PWed servers thing)

Must be my eyesight.... :lol:

I dunno - will check at home tonight to see what the FAQs say at CSRU home page.........it said summat about servers enforcing orig CS models at times?

Hmmm - curious :?:

Sc00by
29-08-03, 02:02 PM
McBain - Fair Enough! :D

Dusted - maybe, but the CoF one doesn't. Host a game youself with some bots and verify that all is well...

Sc00by
29-08-03, 02:35 PM
no page 6. Maybe we need a new thread? cos this one's a pain...

Dusted
30-08-03, 10:18 AM
Dusted - maybe, but the CoF one doesn't. Host a game youself with some bots and verify that all is well...

All sorted now - TBH, I was playing the flake(?).de map and its well dark - the model skins just didn't show up well and obviously my eyes are too KAKA to make a difference. Ahem. Shame. :oops:

Sc00by
31-08-03, 02:49 PM
Good to hear that all is well! What do you think? Good or being uninstalled?

Dusted
31-08-03, 04:04 PM
Like it. Very nice - I think the best part is the interface and weapons skins. Much better! :thumbs:

Gonna keep it for a while and see how it plays tuesday night with the OLSC guys.
:)

McBain
31-08-03, 04:37 PM
Gonna keep it for a while and see how it plays tuesday night with the OLSC guys.

Check in advance that you can join a passworded server though...

Sc00by
31-08-03, 09:42 PM
this (http://www.gametiger.net/download/v4.0/gametiger.exe) little program means I can access password protected servers with it too!

Bumped or repeated for Dusted if he can't get in on tuesday. Gametiger works NP :thumbs: