PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with cs source

QC
21-12-05, 10:17 AM
Getting an error message saying that it has to have terror.mdl when i try to connect to a server, its been working fine.

Please help

Cheers

QC

Penguin
21-12-05, 10:19 AM
Welcome to the forums QC :welcome:

I take it you are using custom player models/skins?
You might have to possibly get rid of them, try removing (make a backup if you wish) the folder called player in:
X:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\YOUR NAME\counter-strike source\cstrike\models\

And

X:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\YOUR NAME\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials\models

QC
21-12-05, 10:31 AM
Hi penguin133, have tried that but am still getting the following message - serving is enforcing consistancy for this file and refers to the terror.mdl file

Thanks for your help

QC

helios
21-12-05, 10:34 AM
This sounds like you have custom player models on. If so, our consistency settings prevent this. Weapon models and skins are fine, but oversized player models are not. This is to prevent people gaining an unfair advantage by using bright/spikey skins.

QC
21-12-05, 10:35 AM
how did i manage that ?

Penguin
21-12-05, 10:45 AM
QC, if all else fails, get rid of both the materials and models folders in the cstrike directory. This won't affect the original content of the game, as Valve have been relatively clever and put all of the original content in .gcf files that you can't get to very easily, and therefore cannot delete or overwrite :D

Good luck :thumbs:

Sgt. Stadanko
21-12-05, 07:22 PM
Saved by the veggies :P