4. Fawlty Towers
5. Blake's 7
6. The X-Files
7. Babylon 5
8. Stargate
9. Seinfeld
10. The A-Team
Hows about that...

BBC News Source (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4563814.stm)

dre
28-12-05, 10:09 PM
Well im to young to ever miss any of these...

helios
28-12-05, 10:18 PM
good to see taht startrek is number one on the list.

I can relate to all of them on there, other than Blake's 7, seinfeld and The A-Team.

Niax
28-12-05, 11:49 PM
hold on...why is stargate on the list? they're still going last time i checked

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
29-12-05, 08:02 AM
omg :shock: Where's the Fall Guy!!! The best theme tune ever, action, adventure, women, comedy what more could a 12 year old ask for. And Lee Majors, the 6 million dollar man as well. It's a goddamn travesty! And they still don't do it on DVD :ranting:

Lestat
29-12-05, 08:33 AM
Glad to see Buffy up there it is the best written series I have ever seen. Unfortunatly the greatest sci fi isn't there and should be like number 3

FARSCAPE

helios
29-12-05, 01:14 PM
dang, Lestat is right, and i comnpletely missed it wasn't there :wall:

Pathogen
29-12-05, 01:45 PM
Where is Only Fools and Horses?

bones
29-12-05, 02:01 PM
and what about The Young ones?!

Penguin
29-12-05, 02:06 PM
Where is Only Fools and Horses?

I was thinking that too- However, I think there was a new episode this Christmas. TBH, I've lost count how many "final episodes" ther have been :thumbs:

And what about Blackadder? That should be on there :D

LiNK
29-12-05, 02:17 PM
Most missed? hahaha
Exept for Blake's 7 (never heard of it) all these shows are still on TV in Holland!
I don't know what to think now...... are we really that behind???

lnr
29-12-05, 03:31 PM
Are they not repeats LiNK?
Can't go more than an hour without hitting a friends episode over here...
I'm surprised that seinfeld is so far down the list. I remember when it was on TV, way past my bedtime :lol:, and would love to see even the repeats again.
Would have thought it would be above x-files...

Also, has anyone heard of Blakes 7? What is it?

ArTFuL DoDGeR
29-12-05, 05:39 PM
Theres only 2 i can really see myself missing,

3. Friends
4. Fawlty Towers

And im not too sure about friends, as much as ive seen all the others are a bit crap, i wacthed Star trek as if it was a comedy it was the worse program ive seen.

Stokes

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
29-12-05, 06:13 PM
What about Quantum Leap, there's a classic for anyone about my age. Most of you young uns will probably not have seen it but download or get the DVDs if you can, classic.

And I have to agree, I always thought the original Star Trek was pants, more of Next Generation man myself. But what about the Fall Guy? Am I the only one that remembers it?

gob
29-12-05, 08:22 PM
Also, has anyone heard of Blakes 7? What is it?

Blake's 7 was the BBC's attempt at Star Trek.

Basically 6 criminals headed by Blake (the others were Avon, Vila, Cally, Jenna and Gan - spanner alert!!!) hijack an abandoned spaceship - the Liberator - while they are being transported to a penal planet. From this ship (the 7th member of the crew was the computer Zen) they fight back against the oppresive galactic government - the Federation - which was lead by Servelan.

It ran for 4 series from 1978 to 1981 and drew big viewing figures. The sets were awful and in general the acting not a lot better. Most of the stories were pretty good but the series concentrated much more on characters and their relationships. I was 8 when it first started so loved every minute.

Series 3 and 4 dropped off a bit as Cally, Jenna and Blake left (although Blake made a memorable comeback in the final episode) to be replaced with Dayna, Tarrant and Soo-Lin but it was all fun.

It is probably my favourite sci-fi TV show yet despite the low production values although I have to agree that Farscape is up there (once you get past the damn Aussie accents ;) )

SpyHunterUK
29-12-05, 09:50 PM
Wheres Blackadder?

Possibly the Best Comedy on the BBC after Fawlty Towers, but with Blackadder there were 24, not 12 episodes :D

[OLSC]Fizban
30-12-05, 09:30 PM
He went over the top and wasn't seen again... :-)

Fiz