PDA

View Full Version : Get Rich or die tryin

dre
22-01-06, 09:44 AM
Well me and fiddy went to pictures yesterday to see this film at 5.50 after missing tht first screening...(Fiddy's fault) :evil:
Anyone i thought it wasn't a bad film as it was actually about someones life which interested me. I would recomend anyone to go and see it unless you cant pass for a 15yr old.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051110/REVIEWS/51107001/1023

FIDDY
22-01-06, 01:03 PM
Dre it WASN'T my fault,
anyways, the film is great and i definately recomend it
Fiddy

Sgt. Stadanko
22-01-06, 01:51 PM
I dunno whether I will see it, I find it hard to relate to someone who is making a great deal of money who used to be a crack dealer.

:lame:

BaDBoY UK
22-01-06, 02:03 PM
Utter crapola **edit**

What the hell was this film about? The acting was awful, truly awful. 50 Cent is not an actor and it showed ffs. He is unable to convey even the simplest of emotions. He is a good (not great tho) rapper but he should never be allowed to act EVER, EVER AGAIN - it should be law. It was violence and drugs - basically something I can see where I live so why would anyone want to see it on the pictures and pay for it?

PANTS PANTS PANTS - AVOID AT ALL COST

ArTFuL DoDGeR
22-01-06, 02:34 PM
Ok so people dont like 50 Cent for his music but aside from that hes a good business man, i would say hes far from a "nooblet". From his G-Unit clothing in 2005 he made $55 Million, For some that has made a film and made music just about how he grew up and to make THAT much money he did well. I dont know about the quality of the film because i havent seen it, but i think it would be interesting to go and see it, regardless of his music i respect him for how he has climbed up the laddre to be so succesful.

Stokes

dre
22-01-06, 02:59 PM
:that:
50 cent in my opinion is a great rapper and always will be so what he sold some coke, what else could he do in a situation like that he has know where to turn to his mum and dad are dead and hes livig with his grandparents. Realy stokes has said everything else but, he as got himself out of the ghetto and become a millionare not your everyday life person......

LiNK
22-01-06, 03:05 PM
I'm with Badboy on this one, I freaking HATE that fifty cent *barfs*
All that stuff about him being such a criminal from the ghetto is utter bull!
He's a wannabe gangster.... pfft he came from a happy family and never saw a ghetto or coke exept on TV
Look at him walking around like a real gangsta I think it really pathetic, his real name is probably Clarence and his father a supreme judge for G.W. Bush ;)

dre
22-01-06, 03:07 PM
his real name is probably Clarence

No it is actually curtis jackson. :lol: (not far off though)

Penguin
22-01-06, 03:10 PM
pathetic, his real name is probably Clarence
His name is Kurtis IIRC. I don't believe for one second that this film is true or happened.

I don't agree with this film one bit, the trailers make me feel sick. "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" is not the message that should be sent out to anybody tbh, especially if it promotes gun violence in gang-ridden areas (these areas in America were specifically targetted by the campaign to make the film popular).

If you would like proof that I'm not a whinging "censor-everything" person, look at the vast majority of young society- Chavs going "Ble Ble Ble","I'm so hard", and wearing Nike and crappy jewelery to make them feel rich.

LiNK
22-01-06, 03:15 PM
:offtopic: ^ look penguings 1500th post!
Congrats :cheer:

Sgt. Stadanko
22-01-06, 07:22 PM
Shame it had to be such a negative one.

SpyHunterUK
22-01-06, 07:53 PM
Shame it had to be such a negative one.

Opinionated maybe, but there is a lot of real stuff in there.

you can live by the gun or die by the bullet

We watched a video in school about gun/gang violence in London, and 50 cent was one the main points that this video talked about. I wouldnt even bother going to see this film tbh, however wrong it may seem.

I dont want to know about the life of a crack dealer who is now a rap star, has been shot several times, wants you to 'get rich or die tryin'' and 'live by the gun or die by the bullet' and generally glorifies guns.

FIDDY
22-01-06, 07:55 PM
It is an AMAZING film,
he obviously did grow up like that as he was shot 9 times and not normal people get shot,
he has the scars to prove it

ArTFuL DoDGeR
22-01-06, 07:59 PM
FIDDY youve got to understand stand that being shot 9 times is not big or clever thats why like spyhunter said teenagers are being shown videos with 50 Cent in to decrease gun crime.

Stokes

FIDDY
22-01-06, 08:03 PM
i know it isnt big or clever i was just saying that he really did grow up like that (not just made it all up)

Penguin
22-01-06, 08:06 PM
he obviously did grow up like that as he was shot 9 times and not normal people get shot,
he has the scars to prove it

Normal people get shot, he happened to get lucky. There are lots of mothers, fathers, sons and daughters out there who didn't get so lucky.

If you think somebody getting shot 9 times, then boasting about it, and using it to promote to get more money, is cool- you've got to be pretty fucking stupid tbh...

LiNK
23-01-06, 04:43 PM
Amen

Ex0duz
23-01-06, 11:40 PM
I'd be really surprised if he actually did get shot 9 times.
Its called "marketing strategy". All the wannabe gangsters and kiddies in the ghetto can identify with an "ex-crack dealer who got shot 9 times and always wears a bullet proof vest" they cant identify with a "rich kid who grew up in a wealthy family and has no idea what the word hardship means".
Marrilyn Manson is the same, hes just appealing to a certain audience and sector of society. And the lead singer from KoRn who claims he was abused by his family and grew up in a trailer park etc etc. Its #1 marketing rule, know your target market, and aim all your products at said target market.
Anyway, i refuse to watch a retarded movie like this on principle, i absolutely loathe marketing propaganda rubbish, it doesnt even have a point, apart from the obvious "make Fifty Cent richer than he already is" which, in my opinion, is no reason to make a film in the first place.
And furthermore, the arrogance is absolutely mind boggling, i mean come on, the guy hasnt even been famous for that long, and hes already making a movie about his life, starring (yip you guessed it) himself! Its ridiculous. If people thought his life was noteworthy they'd make a film about his life after he dies or when hes faded from the public eye or something, its so blatantly arrogant (and clearly just for money).
Ok I'm done ;/

Supreme_Kaj
23-01-06, 11:59 PM
4 real *****

BaDBoY UK
24-01-06, 10:03 AM
4 real *****

Hmmm even if you two are black I do not like this racist word at all. My best friend is black and I hate it when people use it in front of him, whether directed at him or not. Pls edit it.

Thanks

LiNK
24-01-06, 10:45 AM
Tut tut tut kaj, this is your first post?
Not a good way to welcome yourself to the forum ;)
Just kiddin' I know you were just messing about, why don't you head over to the "Hi i'm new" thread and introduce yourself properly.

Burner
24-01-06, 05:50 PM
There are alot of kids which in my opinion that try to ''imitate'' these rich rappers. They come on school with all these cloths with expensive brands on em and laugh at kids that are doing great at school etc, But who will be laughing when those kids are rich and drive extremely expensive cars? Huh? Them!!!!, and then those ''imitators'' will need to clean up shyte for a living ...

- This is my opinion - Pfff, glad I released that.