PDA

View Full Version : IT Crowd

McBain
28-01-06, 09:47 AM
Channel 4 have a new commedy 'IT Crowd' from Graham Linehan (Father Ted, Black Books) and producer Ash Atalla (The Office), which can be seen now online -

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/I/itcrowd/

The high-rise towers of Reynholm Industries are full of go-getters, success stories, and winners... apart from in the basement.

While their beautiful colleagues work in fantastic surroundings, Jen, Roy and Moss lurk below ground, scorned and mocked by their co-workers as geeky losers, doomed never to make it back into normal society.

Welcome to the IT Crowd!

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/I/itcrowd/images/gallery1.jpg

LiNK
28-01-06, 01:05 PM
Damn, I wish they would air this on BBC2, this way us cloggy's could enjoy it aswell. :(

Sc00by
28-01-06, 02:57 PM
the one review I saw of this (in an IT industry magazine) slammed it...

Speaking of terribly ill-considered 'humour', the comedy masterminds behind critically acclaimed series such as The Office and Father Ted have turned their chuckle-guns on the IT industry, with a new sit-com set to debut on UK screens this week.

And it's bad.

Really bad.

The IT Crowd will be available to download from today (Friday... in case you're not sure) on the Channel 4 website and will air on the channel the next week.

The Round-Up has already seen the first episode and in doing so has given up 30 minutes of its life which will never come around again.

Because The IT crowd is to the advancement of British comedy what office parties are to the advancement of contemporary dance as an art form.

The laughter track is the first real giveaway, for starters.

A good comedy doesn't need a laughter track to tell you when something was meant to be funny. The artless and clumsy build-up to predictable, laboured and lazy gags culminates in a staccato blast of laughter, which leaves the poor put-upon viewer to either wonder where that laughter is coming from (surely it's not from the TV?) or they're left to mull over the notion that what they've just seen was actually intended to be funny.

It seems as out of place as canned laughter during random moments at a funeral.

The real crime here isn't that it's a woeful programme (the Round-Up physically can't bring itself to use the word 'comedy', even in a sarcastic manner) but that everything about the team behind it suggested it might be great. However, even the presence of Chris Morris, of Brass Eye fame, couldn't save it.

The Round-Up can only hope it might be a slow burner... and let's face it, somebody out there has commissioned several series of Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps so there's hope for even the lamest series.

However, if The IT Crowd was a horse, they'd be pulling the screens around it about now and the vet would be reaching for the shotgun in the back of his Land Rover.

Doesn't maek me wanna go watch it...

McBain
28-01-06, 03:45 PM
Yeah, having watched it myself, I can see why some people might slam it like so. It didn't seem too bad, but I wouldn't rate it above maybe 5

bones
28-01-06, 05:34 PM
i dont want to sound stupid here but how have you all watched this program when it doesnt go on the television untill the 3rd of feb?

SpyHunterUK
28-01-06, 05:48 PM
The IT Crowd will be available to download from today (Friday... in case you're not sure) on the Channel 4 website and will air on the channel the next week.

So its been available since yesterday Bones...

Penguin
01-02-06, 11:06 PM
I've just watched the 2nd episode, and it is HILARIOUS! :rofl:

I've got to admit, the first was a bit pants, but the 2nd had me bursting out in laughter several times :thumbs:

And for anybody not wanting to watch it on the internet, or if you would like to watch the "big version" there is a double bill on Friday at 9pm, Channel 4

ArTFuL DoDGeR
01-02-06, 11:26 PM
Might just have to watch this it looks pretty good, is it the it croud or the IT (information technology) croud it had me a bit puzzled on the adverts.

Stokes

McBain
01-02-06, 11:29 PM
Myself I thought it was IT Crowd. Not even sure what a croud is... :?:

;)

Yes, IT as in Information Technology.

deeayen
02-02-06, 01:45 PM
i think by 'it' its a double meaning cos of the saying and also from IT as we know it lol

i seen it advertised... might watch it if im about... looks quite funny

helios
02-02-06, 07:33 PM
watched the first one, and i would have to agree with sc00bs' reviewer - its generally crap. Yes, there are a couple of funny bits, but not stuff i haven't seen before with the Legal department where i work....

Penguin
02-02-06, 07:43 PM
HAVE YOU SEEN THE SECOND EPISODE?

Sorry for the caps, but I think it's appropriate...

carm0n
07-02-06, 11:58 PM
some bits and bobs of the film were good like the Fire bit on the 2nd one but overall bit of a let down expect called IT crowd u except lotta PC or Gamers Humor so bit let down but we see if the show develops

Lestat
08-02-06, 09:34 AM
Yeah having watched the first 3 this should be cancelled along with Hyperdrive to horrendous British shows that a dog would struggle watching. I wasted 2 hours of my life.

Sc00by
08-02-06, 01:08 PM
I've seen this now and...

Well I turned it off. It really did live up to the hype. Bloody awful

LiNK
08-02-06, 01:20 PM
Myself I thought it was IT Crowd. Not even sure what a croud is... :?:

Well I do :P

Croud

Crowd \Crowd\, n.
[W. crwth; akin to Gael. cruit. Perh. named from its shape, and akin to Gr. kyrto`s curved, and E. curve. Cf. Rote.]
An ancient instrument of music with six strings; a kind of violin, being the oldest known stringed instrument played with a bow.
[Written also croud, crowth, cruth, and crwth.]

A lackey that . . . can warble upon a crowd a little. --B. Jonson.

Anubis
21-03-06, 05:32 PM
i love the "it" crowd..........comes out with some priceless lines......such as

"if you was a gardner what would your nickname be? mine would be hte gardner

Elmer
13-08-07, 12:17 AM
I always thought this was pretty awful, but I know a lot of you guys liked it. Series 2 starts on 24th August on Ch4 22:30

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/I/itcrowd/video/index.jsp

Simon
13-08-07, 01:56 AM
Can't wait for this, series 1 was hilarious