PDA

View Full Version : Here's something silly I've been doing...

Sc00by
13-07-03, 05:54 AM
Playing CS against the Bots, partly because playing online means playing with a buch of wankers, partly cos playing online means you only get to play standard maps, mostly because playing against the bots is easier.

But I've been being a bit sillier than that and have been playing me stick all the bots (so there's 1 T and 7 CTs for example...) It's very silly, but surprisingly fun. I even managed to win a couple of times on cs_shoothouse (1 v 4 - due to map size) first to 8 wins). Though on de_inferno my best is 2 rounds (1 V 7) :(

I don't expect anyone else to do this, just thought I'd post something CS related for once...

:P

McBain
13-07-03, 07:52 AM
Apparently CS 1.6 bots are a lot better than anything before. Have you installed steam yet? Might be worth checking out.

You could check how easy it is to put statsme and custom maps into it too :)

Sc00by
13-07-03, 08:17 AM
Yes I've installed steam, though you knew that cos I'd had a moan about it starting up every time i turn my PC on.

Go on then I'm game for a giggle I'll see if I can get admin mod and statsme on CS 1.6 for a start and then I'll have a go at the custom maps (though thinking about it the maps might be easier...)

--edit---

Where does steam install 1.6 to? Buggered if I can find it anywhere sensible (like in my existing HL directory or in the steam folder in program files) Give me a clue someone

--edit 2 ---

Ignore that I've found it

-- edit 3 ---

So what do you think will happen if I just copy my 1.5 cstike folder over the top of the 1.6 one and don't overwrite any files?

--edit 4--

answer: Nothing good... No admin mod, no statsme and the custom maps crash the machine... :( Oh and the Bots on 'Hard' (no that's not the hardest setting) get 1 shot kills with pistols. Blow that for a game of marbles.

-- edit 5 -- (after trying to find some help on getting adminmod and statsme on cs 1.6)

The internet is crap!

Reevey
13-07-03, 05:14 PM
Well Statsme and admin mod arn't actually designed for 1.6, so that's probley why they wont work.

On the main point of the bots I play 8v1 on cs_speedrun (Bots use knives, I use whatever gun I want to practice with)

It sounds really easy, but I found my aim has progressed and that my reactions are better. It helps for sure, if you keep up with the CS scene you'll know of a player called Vesslan for team9 (one of the best teams in the world). He uses podbots to practice his awping, if you check out www.gamers.nu they have a few good demos of his, get the AK and m4 recoil ones, they rox :)

McBain
13-07-03, 05:46 PM
So what do you think will happen if I just copy my 1.5 cstike folder over the top of the 1.6 one and don't overwrite any files?

Oh dear, this sounds like a very bad plan :( All those config files that point to plugins, dlls and such wont be copied over and you'r probably left with alot of pointless files scattered about :(

Well Statsme and admin mod arn't actually designed for 1.6, so that's probley why they wont work.

They may not be designed to work together, but plenty of servers already have them running together. Maybe it will only work for DS's though :?

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
14-07-03, 09:23 AM
The bots in 1.6 are FAR better than any I've seen before, if you're a little drunk they could even pass for almost human....

HUNTER
14-07-03, 07:30 PM
were in the cs 1.6 directory?

wintermute
14-07-03, 09:23 PM
What was in the CS 1.6 directory?

Crippler2032
14-07-03, 09:25 PM
CS 1.6 maybe?

Skavorn
15-07-03, 10:26 AM
i been playing cs 1.6 not laggy like it was 3 months ago

but!!! it freezes alot do u guys get it?

I'll see what it does to my new system....should be getting it in a couple of hours...yay!!!

HUNTER
15-07-03, 12:40 PM
lol, where is the directory so i can load it up and play?

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
15-07-03, 01:10 PM
i been playing cs 1.6 not laggy like it was 3 months ago

but!!! it freezes alot do u guys get it?

I'll see what it does to my new system....should be getting it in a couple of hours...yay!!!

I get "pauses" when it loads a new sound/gfx occasionally - just fire the gun at the start of the round usually clears it so it doesn't happen ingame.

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
15-07-03, 01:11 PM
lol, where is the directory so i can load it up and play?

If you mean "where can I get the steam client"....then :

www.steampowered.com

HUNTER
15-07-03, 03:44 PM
i got the client it's just setup for DSL as i downloaded it while i was on adsl and cant change it