PDA

View Full Version : My Name is Earl

briktopp
03-02-06, 11:29 AM
anyone else watcing this on friday nights C4?

basically its a comedy with the guy who was in some of the early kevin smith films apparently. he plays a smalltime criminal/lowlife who has an epiphany when having just won the lottery immediately gets run over. This trauma cause's Earl to change his outlook on life and sets out to make up for his past sins one by one.

Dont worry if you havnt watched the first 3 or so episodes you can just pick it up.

Its got some real laugh out loud moments and some interesting characters. last week he had to make up for having dumped an ex-girlfriend by faking his own death at sea!

BaDBoY UK
03-02-06, 11:58 AM
Hmmmm Im not too sure about this - I found it difficult to laught at it tbh

Not my sort of humour but apparently it is quite popular so ...

ArTFuL DoDGeR
03-02-06, 12:53 PM
I thought it was pretty funny i dont think its meant to be all out comedy but i think the story line even though its a little bit crazy makes it all the funnier, can wait for the next episode tonight :D

Stokes

bones
03-02-06, 04:01 PM
I love this show!! i have been watching it for about two weeks now and i enjoy lying there on my bed, stuffing my face whilst watching earl getting his karma problems sorted :thumbs:
its a great show!

wintermute
04-02-06, 11:07 PM
anyone else watcing this on friday nights C4?

Er, no, but I have watched every episode so far... :angel:

I really like it, I intially watched it because it has Jason Lee in it, and I thought it was some sort of Kevin Smith thing, but I found it very amusing. It does have some slapstick and pure comedy type moments but it is also very ironic - to me it feels like a similar sort of humour as a Cohen brother's movie.

the guy who was in some of the early kevin smith films

He's in Dogma and Jay and Silent Bob, so your definition of 'recent' is a bit strange :)

Rob

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
04-02-06, 11:40 PM
He's in Dogma and Jay and Silent Bob

Don't forget Mallrats (Kevin Smith' 2nd movie) and Chasing Amy (3rd movie). I'm guessing those were the movies Briktopp meant :D

I'd say Chasing Amy was his best role for Kevin Smith, turns into a bit of a chick flick towards the end but the early comedy's great.

LiNK
05-02-06, 12:23 PM
for all you Kevin Smith/ Clerks fans:
Clerks II is on its way! (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424345/)

carm0n
07-02-06, 11:20 PM
yeh i watched the show awsome show it is funny it get better and better everytime lol
atm i like the bit when teaches forign people speak english and that guy in the store can only say " My name is Earrrl " lol

Azreal
08-02-06, 03:05 AM
I also started watching it because of Jason Lee, its really hard to imagine that he started off as a Professional Skateboarder, but his best film I think is most definatly him as Banky in Chasing Amy.

Lestat
08-02-06, 09:33 AM
Yep this is good show I enjoy it. I also liked stealing Harvard which was a great Jason Lee film. Along with Tom green had me peeing my pants.

Anubis
21-03-06, 05:33 PM
another classic comedy........ i love it