PDA

View Full Version : Crash

briktopp
08-02-06, 11:53 AM
finally got round to seeing this and it really is as excellent as everbody told me it was.

Its an ensemble movie in the 'magnolia'/'short cuts' style but unlike those movies you dont have to sit through 3 hours of melodrama.

It deals with the subject of racial predjudice withing a framework of 6 or so overlapping mini-stories. its very well written and cleverly cast in that many big names are removed from their own movie sterotypes thus reflecting the major theme of the film.

i figure that part of the message of this movie is that folks make the mistake of thinking that everyone falls into 1 of 2 categories racist or non-racist but in reality no one is completely without predjudice. Reminds me of an ex-big brother contestant explaining how she would be such a good housemate because she could get on with everybody as 'she is not a racist, She's quarter Sri Lanka you know'.

stupid sri-lankan bint ;-)

Theres more to it than that but thats what i got out of it.

9/10

Azreal
09-02-06, 01:19 AM
saw the film last yr , I enjoyed it very much .

9/10

BaDBoY UK
09-02-06, 06:30 PM
Awesome film - truly awesome - has not been a film like it in a long time

... thrilling, making you sit on the edge of your seat throughout ...

hardhitting, deals with some crucial issues and the mini stories all come together in such a way as to make you say "......" - thats right, you'll be speechless

Azreal
09-02-06, 10:50 PM
the 2 scenes with Matt Dillons character and Thandi Newtons character , was proberbly one of the most uncomfortable scenes Ive seen in a long time.

Sharky
01-05-06, 05:27 PM
great film, well put together, 8.5/10

Mitsukuu
02-05-06, 07:06 AM
I'd agree that it was a very well made and hardhitting movie, and it dealt well with the theme of racial prejudice.

Having said that, I really didn't enjoy the movie. It made me feel very uncomfortable throughout, and even a little depressed. I am aware that this is the aim of the film, but personally I dislike the feeling.

Since it's still a great movie, i'd give it an 8/10.