PDA

View Full Version : Question for McBain

Norfolk'n'Clue
15-02-06, 12:51 AM
Alrighty,

I remember when you first put the lanarchy gfx up on your servers, you were having problems getting people to see them.

I'm having a similar problem, and was wondering if oyu'd be able to offer any tips:

I've just made a spray with an invisible background, via alpha1 and targa, converted using vtex and then saving the result in materials/VGUI/logos.

When I spray it, I can see it, but it seems other people can't.

I realise it isn't the exact same problem, but was wondering if it was anything I've done wrong client side?

Many thanks

I

McBain
15-02-06, 09:32 AM
So this is a spray that your using on public servers, rather than a decal that your displaying on a server of your own?

You can see the spray and others can't? Is that all others, or just some?

Tbh, I don't know. As far as I'm aware, it auto downloads others sprays into one big file (anyone remember which one, I think your supposed to delete it from time to time) so everyone can see them. I'm just wondering if some clients have it set not to download things from servers, they wouldn't be able to see them... but then they wouldn't be able to see any...

Sorry, don't really know :?

**EDIT** Btw, moved to HL forum.

Norfolk'n'Clue
16-02-06, 12:34 AM
Yeah, sorry, wasn't very clear. A spray of my own that other players cannot see on public servers. As for seeing other people's sprays, I cannot see a friend's.

Maybe it's something to do with server change, and not being refreshed. It's in the logos drirectory.

Not to worry, I'm sure I will figure it out.

Cheers tho.

McBain
16-02-06, 05:53 AM
Is your friends one that he's made too? Can you see other people's sprays on our server?

Norfolk'n'Clue
16-02-06, 07:57 PM
I think so.

Not sure if I can play on your servers anymore, as gameplay is really choppy for me, no matter how I tune my configs. I'm gonna experiment on other server for a while to see if it carries on. Have you changed your server configs recently?

McBain
16-02-06, 09:48 PM
No, but we have of course moved from one machine to another... Tbh, I find it gives a little more choke and loss, but doesn't seem to effect me in play.