PDA

View Full Version : Map Packs

McBain
23-07-03, 11:05 AM
As CoFUK.net is now up and running, I've re-uploaded all our map packs.

Anyone wanting some quality custom maps, check them out -

http://www.cofuk.net/files/maps/index.html

:thumbs:

Sc00by
27-08-03, 01:10 PM
de_artmuseum is in there somewhere! One of my favourite maps ever! (And I've only played it in anger twice) It's just a cool map though.
Other highlights include:
cs_wildwest
cs_wildwest_assult :thumbs:
de_sahara
.. the list goes on. :D

Skavorn
27-08-03, 04:36 PM
de_artmuseum sux I like cs_whistler....however it is a knightmare rescuing hossies

wintermute
27-08-03, 09:57 PM
de_artmuseum sux

No it doesn't, it's actually the most downloaded non-standard map of all time, apparently (according to their website anyway) - just 'cos it's no good for AWPs doesn't make it crap...

Rob

McBain
27-08-03, 10:33 PM
And funnily enough, most people would say cs_whistler sux....AWP whore map that it is :?

Sc00by
28-08-03, 12:03 AM
And funnily enough, most people would say cs_whistler sux....AWP whore map that it is :?

I'd agree with that. It's almost impossible to win as CT. Artmuseum is pretty balanced IMHO, with penty of entry and exit points to both bomb sites and some really nice blazing gun battle type places. I've run round it a lot and I'm still finding new ways to get to places!

Crippler2032
28-08-03, 12:10 AM

which is why Skavorn the camping B****** likes it...

sonic_dude
28-08-03, 07:09 AM
lmao, im remembering the good times when i started cs and i got this awp map and me and skav played on it (when i was a n00b) and i totally ownd him when i was a n00b :lol: the map was called awp_city

Sniper
30-09-03, 04:59 PM
wot pack is the best?????

Sc00by
30-09-03, 05:08 PM
The big one :D As that has about 50 maps in it. Most of which are pretty damn good (though there is the odd stinker :( )

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
30-09-03, 06:08 PM
*coff* art gallery *coff*

(in a stirring mood tonight!)

Sniper
02-10-03, 02:47 PM
the 1st one then?

Sc00by
02-10-03, 03:09 PM
yes.

And I'm not rising to Mr Smurf's attempt at a jibe... Not at all. No sireebob!

Except to say that he wouldn't know a good CS map if it jumped up and bit him on the ass...

But I'm not rising to his bait

:D

Sniper
03-10-03, 03:06 PM
i got the mini apck and the big 1 havent tryied em yet, the mini pack is levels like fy_brige and fy_igeworld.... those kinda maps

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
03-10-03, 05:21 PM
yes.

And I'm not rising to Mr Smurf's attempt at a jibe... Not at all. No sireebob!

Except to say that he wouldn't know a good CS map if it jumped up and bit him on the ass...

But I'm not rising to his bait

whereas you wouldn'tknow a good dod map if it snuck up and spaded your ass :wink:

Sc00by
03-10-03, 05:25 PM
Papa Smurf]
whereas you wouldn'tknow a good dod map if it snuck up and spaded your ass :wink:

Very true, but then if I wanted to play a WW2 game I'd play Battlefield 1942...

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
03-10-03, 05:30 PM
whereas if you wanted to play a GOOD WW2 game you'd stick with DoD :)

SpyHunterUK
03-10-03, 06:16 PM
Papa Smurf]whereas you wouldn'tknow a good dod map if it snuck up and spaded your ass :wink:
that map wouldnt be called dod_smurf would it? :lol:
cs_iceworld is wicked! :twisted:

Sc00by
03-10-03, 08:20 PM
cs_iceworld is wicked! :twisted:

fy_iceworld (for that is what I suspect you mean) is great fun for a good 5 minutes then it gets old - real fast... If you liked this map why not try UT? Cos you're playing the wrong game...

SpyHunterUK
03-10-03, 08:26 PM
theres some map in some mappack somewhere called iceworld on CS. you can pick up any weapon u want! 8-)

Sc00by
03-10-03, 08:26 PM
Papa Smurf]whereas if you wanted to play a GOOD WW2 game you'd stick with DoD :)

:ranton: What with it's **dodgy** points scoring method and dodgy aim and dodgy everything else? Now RtcW I'm starting to see some point in, but DoD I'm rapidly finding a bit pointless tbh. And no it's not JUST because I suck at it, I suck (and used to be a lot worse) at CS too, but I can at least see the point in playing it, can hit people I'm aiming at, can see how you win and lose by *skill* rather than having the good fortune of being in control of the most objective points as the round ends...
:rantoff:

I know you guys love the game and I'm not trying to belittle the game, I'm just stating my own opinion. I'm not wrong and nor are you, we just have differing views on the subject...

FWIW I don't like UT2003 either! :D

wintermute
03-10-03, 08:53 PM
fy_iceworld (for that is what I suspect you mean) is great fun for a good 5 minutes then it gets old - real fast... If you liked this map why not try UT? Cos you're playing the wrong game...

It was longer than 5 minutes - we had that race to 100 kills game on that map :D

Also, at least if/when you die in the first 5 seconds you don't have long to wait to have another go... Mind you, I guess we could just play UT instead.

Rob

McBain
03-10-03, 09:34 PM
Papa Smurf]whereas you wouldn'tknow a good dod map if it snuck up and spaded your ass :wink:
We're still waiting to see one :tongueout:

;)