PDA

View Full Version : The Omen (remake)

BaDBoY UK
21-02-06, 10:58 AM
On 06.06.06 the remake of the original film will hit the cinemas worldwide.

Please view the teaser trailer here (http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/theomen)

Does anyone remember the original three films? You younger guys possibly wont have seen these films but I am sure some of our older members will have. The originals were some of the best horror films I have seen and were possibly the first set of films to embark on a trilogy from the off.

See the teaser...

Lestat
21-02-06, 11:00 AM
The omen was a great film, personally I was not a big fan of the sequels.

Mincemeat
21-02-06, 02:11 PM
The Omen was Shit-scarryingly Good!

[OLSC]Hitman
21-02-06, 03:57 PM
I've yet to see a remake that is better than a classic original.

And they are a few years too late, I was born on 06/06/1970 and will be 36 this year!

My Day Will Come!!! :twisted:

briktopp
24-02-06, 09:36 AM
mmm remaking the OMEN huh - tough job cos its a well made film as are the sequels - they maintain the tension pretty well.

Do you remember the scene in the first film where Patrick Trowton playing a vicar meets gregory peck on a park bench and then trowton buys it when the spire falls off the church and skewers him...well me and Winters work very near to the church and riverside they used in that very scene...putney bridge...exciting huh?

briktopp
07-07-06, 04:17 PM
Yet another 70's horror remake. This is the story of an american diplomat who secretly adopts a child who turns out to be the antichrist - tough break huh.

I loved the original, for me it was better than the exorcist or psycho. however I'm not sure its a good idea to remake a film that is so well made in the first place. Its ok to make films that are technically bad but gained success from notoreity or just have a good story at the heart of it like texas chain saw and the hills have eyes.

This remake is not much more than a homage with a few tricks thrown in in an attempt to bring it up to date like dream sequences, news footage montage, flash images etc. I will say that i like the new version of the photographers demise but theres something about this remake that just doesnt match the feeling of menace of the original

4/10

I pray that they dont try to remake jaws

NcA
07-07-06, 05:19 PM
Disappointed. That's all I have to say about this... The original has that brooding edge all the way through it, and that's what really gets your fear levels soaring. Why does Hollywood insist on remaking classic fims, both cult and mainstream alike? They're just helping make younger generations ignorant of some of the best films ever made. It's really starting to piss me off. In the past year by my reckoning, about 20% of the Hollywood releases have been remakes, and the worst part is, that's not even taking in account sequels :( Screw Hollywood, let them take someone else's money.