PDA

View Full Version : Lucky number Slevin

Mincemeat
27-02-06, 10:37 PM
After watching this film yesterday, I can say it isnt worth watching at the cinema. Wait for it on DvD.

With an excellent cast and interesting story line this film lacked depth, with the plot quickly revealing itself.

After a new gang wanted to make a name for itself in the late 70's, a man and wife were murdered - when the man couldnt repay his debt. Fortunately, their child (slevin) survives and takes it upon himself to avenge their deaths. Manipulating 2 rival New York gangs, leads him to his ultimate goal - payback.

I give it a 7/10. looks interesting, but not worth your money at the cinema. Maybe an 8/10 for DvD version.

ArTFuL DoDGeR
27-02-06, 10:40 PM
I havent seen the film yet but on teamspeak earlier i heard IIRC badboy and Nea saying how great it is, IMO it does look like a good film but i cant see me getting in to an 18 :( i will wait for it comes out on DVD or download it and watch it and leave my comments here as it does look like its up my street.

Stokes

BaDBoY UK
27-02-06, 10:51 PM
I loved the film tbh - 9/10 for me although because I am so clever with regard plots I knew straight away he was that .... well you know (dont want to spoil it)

Mincemeat
27-02-06, 10:58 PM
I have revised my ratings

nea
28-02-06, 03:43 PM
i still reacon its worth watching at the cinema!!

Its a really smart film!! i love the one liners, "you should play ball kid" "why you think im tall enough??" ROFL!!!

FIDDY
28-02-06, 04:28 PM
not seen this yet,
i know i wont get in at the cinema so might get a *cough* DvD
It looks a decent film so i will watch it when i can

dre
28-02-06, 05:44 PM
Well ill be watching Fiddy's *cough* dvd when he gets it.

FIDDY
28-02-06, 07:01 PM
have i gave you my cold dre?
i seem to catch it when im talking about dvd's

briktopp
07-07-06, 04:20 PM
just watched this on DVD

The main problem is that at times this is quite a nasty film in an scorcese goodfellas sort of way, at other times its light hearted humourous crime twisty turney like Ocean's 11. The 2 dont mix that well and you can see the revenge plot coming a mile off and its difficult to care

Ben Kingsley is great. Bruce Willis is alright too however Morgan Freeman is badly miscast as a head of organised criminal gang - hes a nice guy not a uthless murderer. This doesnt help the story.

Its watchable but not memorable. I like the gang bosses watching each other from their towers. The script is good but doesnt save it 5/10

Simon
07-07-06, 04:53 PM
Good Start. Boring Middle. Clever Ending. 6/10

NcA
07-07-06, 05:04 PM
I liked it. It wasn't anything particularly outsatnding in terms of plot. But it twisted and kept interest. Loved the one liners. the concept was interesting enough. Bruce Willis played one of his best roles in years (although he didn't really do all that much). I'll give it 7.5/10 Worth seeing, and it beats the hell out of the usual summer blockbuster affairs.

Lestat
19-09-06, 01:30 PM
4/10 watched this last night and while it wasn't to badly written the best actress was Lucy Lu. I have to disagree with NCA Willis was shit. I mean he played a role he has played over and over again.

While not badly written it was to obvious and to badly acted to make it a good film.