PDA

View Full Version : CSS Skins

LFFPicard
22-03-06, 08:19 PM
OK,

I have heard of skins floating around, i am hoping there are some out there that make it easier for me to distinguish friend and foe or just plain fun ones.. anyone have any ideas where i can get some and how they are installed.

Cheers

ArTFuL DoDGeR
22-03-06, 08:50 PM
You should go to www.fpsbanana.com/ that has lots of skins on, when you download them install all models files into programfiles/stea/steamapps/<yourusername>/counterstrike/cstrike/models/weapons however you may need to create a weapons folder as it may not exists.

You do the same with the materials files just put them in counterstrike/cstrike/materials/models/weapons

Remember dont get any outrageous skins otherwise some servers wont let you on.

Stokes

FIDDY
22-03-06, 08:51 PM
the best site for skins is www.fpsbanana.com
if you add me on xfire - fiddy47 i will talk you through instaling them

Penguin
22-03-06, 08:54 PM
Remember dont get any outrageous skins otherwise some servers wont let you on.

Try to select skins that don't use custom models- you will get consistency errors on some servers if you use custom models :)

BaDBoY UK
22-03-06, 09:24 PM
I only use skins for weapons if it makes the game "feel" better for me - take my M4 for example, it is the one with the laser sight, and I have botched sounds from other weapons to create a better noise with both the silencer off and on :thumbs: With regard to player models, I have chosen to make my CTs all black, and my terrorists coloured (not too mad as to premote ED rule conflicts but enough for me to immediately be able to distinguish friends from enemies even at far distances)

www.fpsbanana.com is the easiest site to us and has a great CSS collection there - they aslo have a detailed guide on how to install and uninstall skins so get there, do some reading and play about - if things go purple and black you know somethings wrong.... good luck

LFFPicard
23-03-06, 11:10 AM
thanks guys.
i am very interested in your skin there badboy :) if you dont mind shareing it, unless i find a similier one on fpsbanana.com

Thanks again

BaDBoY UK
23-03-06, 11:15 AM
Add me on msn - badboybenno@hotmail.com and Il will rar up my files for player models and send them over to you, you can then unrar them in the correct folders and away you go ....

Sharky
23-03-06, 01:02 PM
i would like these player models too mate, i unsure where to put them though, i am ok with weapons, but player and hostage models, :?

:D

Jak
23-03-06, 04:30 PM
me too please show me :)

dre
26-03-06, 07:38 PM
You still go in to the cstrike folder and then just put them in the correct folders normally in the materials section.

Anubis
26-03-06, 10:51 PM
id like my own custom stuff......but unfortunatly my talents of killing people with a p90 doesnt help with the tech side of skin design or making......or does it ^^

dre
27-03-06, 09:12 AM
Skins dont make the guns better or anything just the way they look or there size.

ArTFuL DoDGeR
27-03-06, 03:33 PM
If anything they decrease it, with the new M4 i got (think you have it aswell BadBoy) the sounds i couldnt get used to and the recoil that it looked like it was having was actually a lot less, ive got used to it now though it didnt take long, and i think its the most downloaded skin off www.fpsbanana.com/

Ive got a skin for everyone of my guns apart from the auto-sniper apart from the sound on the AWP kinda sucks it makes the same sound again about every 5 seconds anyone know how to sort this out?

Stokes

Jak
27-03-06, 03:41 PM
did uyou use a sound pack? can you recommend and weps skins to look at?

Penguin
27-03-06, 03:53 PM
Don't forget that all custom sounds are banned under ED rules :)

Jak
27-03-06, 04:35 PM
ah good point :) all i want is more realistic gun skins tbh