PDA

View Full Version : Counter-strike Condition Zero review from Gamesradar

Crippler2032
07-08-03, 02:42 PM
The September issue of PC Gamer goes on sale on 8 August - but we've secured this exclusive sneak preview of the issue...

It wasn't supposed to be this way. Counter-Strike: Condition Zero was, we once believed, the future of first-person shooters. Coming from Half-Life and its expansion pack creators Valve and Gearbox, CS:CZ would - we thought - ride the phenomenal success of online-only Counter-Strike and deliver a single-player version of the classic team-based shooter.

That was the theory. In practice, CS:CZ suffered numerous delays up until the point where the entire development switched hands from Gearbox to Ritual. Rumours had it that all Gearbox's work was canned and development started afresh. Playing CS:CZ now, that's easy to believe.

It was last month's announcement that the game was to be mid-priced that really aroused suspicions though. 'Mid-price' sounds great to punters, but behind the value-added price-point of publishers usually cowers a terrified sales team who know that the buying public will refuse to cough up the full price. Software publishers aren't best known for their charity work, so at

Skavorn
07-08-03, 05:26 PM
I can only sum that up with 1 word....FUCK!!!!!

OMG sounds like a fucking total disappointment...oh well we can atleast wait for the mod version of CS on Half-Life 2.

Hopefully they can update the game that way!!! However 1.6 could be alot of fun...with engine of Half-Life 2 it would be disappointed if they didnt make a CS2 from it...

sonic_dude
07-08-03, 06:02 PM
omg, well thats a shame innit , we never know they might improve it

:gunner:

Reevey
07-08-03, 06:27 PM
Can you honestly say you were expecting this game to be brilliant?

The only good thing about the game is that you know 1.6 must be coming out soon if this is :P

CS:CZ is just a last attempt at making money from the CS name before we move onto the new engines

McBain
07-08-03, 06:30 PM
CS:CZ is just a last attempt at making money from the CS name before we move onto the new engines

I doubt it's a last attempt. I expect there will be plenty of new versions of it on the new engines.

sonic_dude
07-08-03, 06:32 PM
well i cant say the game was briallaint no :(

i wunder what kinda new engines they make :D

hope they will be dencent ones :P :gunner:

Reevey
08-08-03, 01:34 PM

I doubt it's a last attempt. I expect there will be plenty of new versions of it on the new engines.

I mean, it's the last attempt using this engine + the cs name.

There will be CS2 in the future obviously, but they will be the new engines. Not the current one