PDA

View Full Version : Frame rates

Sc00by
07-08-03, 10:26 PM
So what do I have to add to my cfg files (and to which one?) to get CS to disply the FPS when I hold down TAB?

I know Andy has this setup, but I keep forgetting to ask him! So I'm doing it now :)

Oh and how do you get CS to run in a window? I only want to do it while I'm sorting mEAn out (so I can switch between the read me and the game), but I can't find the option (am I being thick - again?)!

Ta v. much

McBain
08-08-03, 07:34 AM
To window it, put '-windowed 1025 768' in your command line, or tick the box in the options somewhere.

For frame rate, in console type cl_showfps 1 :)

Sc00by
08-08-03, 08:08 AM
To window it, put '-windowed 1025 768' in your command line, or tick the box in the options somewhere.

For frame rate, in console type cl_showfps 1 :)

Cheers McBain! I actually worked the cl_showfps 1 bit meself at about 1:30 this morning :) , but could I get a -windowed command to work in the options? Could I eckers like. (Missed the 1024 768 option off...)

I'll post my CS shortcut line when I get home it's now about 6 foot long...

Sc00by
09-08-03, 01:10 AM
D:\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -windowed 1024 768 -console -noipx -game cstrike +localinfo mm_gamedll mean/mean.dll +localinfo mgamedll podbot/podbot.dll +localinfo mbotmod podbot

I think it's getting silly now... :P

McBain
09-08-03, 07:51 AM
I'll always remember a guy that posted his shortcut on Nuke, like you've done Sc00by, asking what he had wrong for something or another. It took 3 or 4 posters before someone noticed it said '-ogc.exe' or something similar at the end, so he was banned for beeing a cheat :lol:

Sc00by
09-08-03, 01:25 PM
No cheats here though!
I even know what all the options do :!: :P

Oh and Andy, what's happened to your Avatar and sig? You've got an acute case of the 'Hunters' (box with a little red X in it...)

wintermute
09-08-03, 02:47 PM
Oh and Andy, what's happened to your Avatar and sig

According to cs.andycr.com - 'This server is being upgraded, and will be up shortly, please bear with us and thank you for your patience.' We've also lost a few pictures off the front page...

Rob

McBain
09-08-03, 09:37 PM
Yeah, I'd been trying to decide whether it was worth uploading them elsewhere...but so far I cba :?

HUNTER
09-08-03, 10:03 PM
hehe, there your pics McBain.

do what you want with them

McBain
09-08-03, 10:18 PM
hehe, there your pics McBain.

:?: Anyone know what this post is for or means?

Sc00by
09-08-03, 10:47 PM
Possibly
[engage HUNTER translation mode]

"They are your pics McBain"

Implying that you have host problems too; after all the stick you gave him about his?

Perhaps?

Though even if it had made sense it was still uncalled for I thought!

McBain
10-08-03, 07:51 AM
Implying that you have host problems too; after all the stick you gave him about his?

Is a server upgrade a host problem though? I have 20 gig of bandwidth on my hosting :) ...it doesn't do this every month because it's a crap free host that can't handle a few sigs, like HUNTERs :roll:

HUNTER
10-08-03, 08:58 AM

Is a server upgrade a host problem though? I have 20 gig of bandwidth on my hosting :) ...it doesn't do this every month because it's a crap free host that can't handle a few sigs, like HUNTERs :roll:

sorry but 50,000+ 20k sigs isnt a few.

McBain
10-08-03, 09:07 AM

Lol, yes it is HUNTER. Please don't try this one again, it gets rather repetative. Someone correct me if my maths is wrong, but thats not even a gig?

HUNTER
10-08-03, 09:15 AM

Lol, yes it is HUNTER. Please don't try this one again, it gets rather repetative. Someone correct me if my maths is wrong, but thats not even a gig?

Just under, but the requests to view the sigs produced the bandwidth usage and people in a community of 30,000+ members means yours going to get quite a few requests to view them

McBain
10-08-03, 09:24 AM
Just under, but the requests to view the sigs produced the bandwidth usage and people in a community of 30,000+ members means yours going to get quite a few requests to view them

A webhost that can't handle hosting a few thousand sigs is a bit poor, accept it. Even a relatively small site like Lanarchy gets thousand of page views and thousands of images loaded every day, probably a similar bandwidth...

Please don't try this one again, it gets rather repetative.

You don't get another warning.

HUNTER
10-08-03, 09:29 AM

A webhost that can't handle hosting a few thousand sigs is a bit poor, accept it. Even a relatively small site like Lanarchy gets thousand of page views and thousands of images loaded every day, probably a similar bandwidth...

Please don't try this one again, it gets rather repetative.

You don't get another warning.

OK last word:

Yeah but when you get 1000s of people wanting to view different sigs not the same ones over and over day after day, not stopping because people from the UK,USA etc are viewing them and when a guy has setup his own servers at his home for people to use and to try and keep them and funds for it all himself no one pays him to run them he does it for good will

McBain
10-08-03, 09:36 AM
Yeah but when you get 1000s of people wanting to view different sigs not the same ones over and over day after day, not stopping because people from the UK,USA etc are viewing them and when a guy has setup his own servers at his home for people to use and to try and keep them and funds for it all himself no one pays him to run them he does it for good will

Yes, thats why it's not a very good host...that is what I'm saying. Sigs and ava's really aren't that much hassle on bandwidth compared to a whole website getting thousand of hits an hour (no, not Lanarchy, but many many do)

Anyway, I did give a warning. Posting privs removed.

HUNTER
10-08-03, 10:05 AM
soz.

urrm.

Sc00by
10-08-03, 05:42 PM
What did you go and unban 'im for? :P

McBain
10-08-03, 06:00 PM
Well, he said he would apologise for going on when he was told to stop...instead we got this -
soz.

urrm.
.....maybe its the best we're getting. :?