PDA

View Full Version : bots

SpyHunterUK
08-08-03, 08:27 AM
can you get bots on counter-strike?

sonic_dude
08-08-03, 08:31 AM
yes u can get bots on counter strike, the program is called PODbot,if u want to download it the link is here, http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/downloads/index.html

scroll down to the cs bit then click PODbot 2.5,
u can set what ever weapons to what u want, but if u want to play custom maps u will need to download waypoints

Sc00by
08-08-03, 08:34 AM
Actually there are quite a few BOT programs for CS. Head over the Nukebox forums (there's a link on our main site) for all kinds of help (some of it actually helps too :P ) on installing and configuring them...

Though if you'd read a few of the existing topics on here then you would've come across instructions for installing Bots so you wouldn't have needed to ask the original question

:spam:

:P

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
11-08-03, 07:59 AM
or just d/l steam and get the new cs1.6Beta which comes with VERY impressive bots (and a lot of other nice touches - especially the FAMAS)

SpyHunterUK
11-08-03, 04:08 PM
thnx all :lol:

HUNTER
11-08-03, 04:21 PM
Papa Smurf]or just d/l steam and get the new cs1.6Beta which comes with VERY impressive bots (and a lot of other nice touches - especially the FAMAS)

yeah but i can't even get CS 1.6b to load through steam, any other ways to?

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
11-08-03, 06:27 PM
Papa Smurf]or just d/l steam and get the new cs1.6Beta which comes with VERY impressive bots (and a lot of other nice touches - especially the FAMAS)

yeah but i can't even get CS 1.6b to load through steam, any other ways to?

no :(

get b/band you luddite :)

Sc00by
11-08-03, 07:07 PM
Which I'm sure he would if BT serviced the rural community properly!

SpyHunterUK
20-08-03, 07:56 PM
how can u kill off bots so humans can join the game?

McBain
20-08-03, 08:04 PM
Press = to bring up the bot menu. I believe its option 6 or 7 maybe?

sonic_dude
20-08-03, 08:40 PM
sometimes when i have to many bots, they automatically leave since the server is full to make space for the real ppl

HUNTER
20-08-03, 08:48 PM
i've been playing bots on winter_assult this afternoon, not bad apart from the odd WP bug

Sc00by
20-08-03, 08:49 PM
The trouble with teh bots on Winter assualt is that they think that the side door is the best way in! Which I like cos it's great target practice...

sonic_dude
20-08-03, 08:50 PM
i dont like playin on normal maps the only maps i play with bots on r the rats/mice type levels :)

McBain
20-08-03, 09:46 PM
But normal maps are the ones you can play online....custom maps are when bots are most useful, as you can't normally find a server playing them, so you just beat up on bots instead :)

sonic_dude
21-08-03, 06:36 AM
yup lol,the rats r mostly never used on servers still i like it

SpyHunterUK
21-08-03, 03:50 PM
finaaly i can get some target practice :!: :twisted:

McBain
22-08-03, 09:06 AM
I've now added Poxpot (http://www.poxbot.de/) to PODbot, which apparently has some improvements.

I'm playing now against bots between 20 and 60 skill and all seems quite good. They still spin and give a few instant headshots, so I may have to try fiddling with the skill file a little still to try and make them more human like.

**EDIT**

These bots are pretty good now, I'm concentrating and still only 9-6 on dust2. They do tend to camp a little, if the Ts drop the bomb, the CTs defend it, but the Ts don't seem to make that much effort to go and find it :(

I have noticed it is easier to creep up on the bots. I've been able to insert a fair few bullets into bots ears, normally a split second after another bot will have heard it and riddled me with led though :P

Sc00by
22-08-03, 01:09 PM
I've now added Poxpot (http://www.poxbot.de/) to PODbot, which apparently has some improvements.

Do you have mEAn installed as well or is this instead of mEAn?

I'm playing now against bots between 20 and 60 skill and all seems quite good. They still spin and give a few instant headshots, so I may have to try fiddling with the skill file a little still to try and make them more human like.

**EDIT**

These bots are pretty good now, I'm concentrating and still only 9-6 on dust2. They do tend to camp a little, if the Ts drop the bomb, the CTs defend it, but the Ts don't seem to make that much effort to go and find it :(

I have noticed it is easier to creep up on the bots. I've been able to insert a fair few bullets into bots ears, normally a split second after another bot will have heard it and riddled me with led though :P

That all sounds good. So they are a lot more human then? I'll get it installed tonight and report back, but it sounds a lot better.

Easy to install?

SpyHunterUK
22-08-03, 03:47 PM
hey, i only got podbot about 2 1/2weeks ago! :evil: :!: :(

SpyHunterUK
22-08-03, 03:47 PM
is this off cofuk again :?:

McBain
22-08-03, 09:57 PM
The link is in my orginal post.

No, it's not instead of mEAn, it's kind of a patch to Podbot...

Sc00by
23-08-03, 01:16 PM
I've installed POXBot and JESUS :!: The bots have got better... Hmm a real challenge to practice against then! This can only be good :D

McBain
23-08-03, 07:12 PM
You recon? I was on our new server just now, wiping the floor with them (16-1)

Sc00by
23-08-03, 08:22 PM
Well bully for you! I'm obviously just shite at CS..

/me leaves to go and sulk! :P

SpyHunterUK
24-08-03, 11:00 AM
the problem with the bots is that they always go the same way. both ct's & t's. so theres a huge battle in which i stay at the back withna sniper and massacre them. especially on dedust :D

wintermute
24-08-03, 01:35 PM
Have you got the experience turned on, so that they learn as they play (and stop going the same way if they keep getting slaughtered?

Rob

Sc00by
24-08-03, 02:55 PM
So how do you switch that on then?

wintermute
24-08-03, 04:06 PM
Er, find the line in the config file that says 'set this to on if you want your bots to learn from experience', and set the variable in the line below to 'on' :)

Next time I go upstairs I'll find the exact syntax...

Rob

SpyHunterUK
24-08-03, 04:28 PM
if you have podbot/poxbot installed when playing press = to bring up bot menu. you can select skill if you do add specific bot, but i just add random bot :)

Sc00by
24-08-03, 04:41 PM
Er, find the line in the config file that says 'set this to on if you want your bots to learn from experience', and set the variable in the line below to 'on' :)

Next time I go upstairs I'll find the exact syntax...

This bit?

# Turn this on/off to allow the Bots collecting experience
# about the map they're playing (turning this off also prevents
# saving the .pxp Files and gives back some CPU performance)
collectexperience on

in /cstrike/PODBot

Sc00by
24-08-03, 04:43 PM
OK the only problem I'm now getting (post POXBot install is that i'm getting all the bot attack commands appearing in teh top 4 lines of my screen! Which is:

1) distracting and
2) probably cheating as I can see which bots are in combat...

Anyone else got this? And anyone got any idea how I get rid of it?

wintermute
24-08-03, 05:19 PM
if you have podbot/poxbot installed when playing press = to bring up bot menu. you can select skill if you do add specific bot, but i just add random bot :)

But that menu isn't going to help you turning on the experience, and so isn't going to solve the problem you mentioned in the post I was replying to...

Rob

SpyHunterUK
24-08-03, 05:40 PM
no but it helps you set the level that the bots play at

wintermute
24-08-03, 05:45 PM
no but it helps you set the level that the bots play at

???

This is the problem you were complaining about:

the problem with the bots is that they always go the same way

The solution to this problem, I'm suggesting, is to turn on experience. What has the level got to do with it?

Rob

SpyHunterUK
24-08-03, 05:50 PM
you sais the menu doesnt help experience, which it doesnt, but it does help you to set all kinds of stuff relating to bots. i suggest this thread is locked. :)

Sc00by
24-08-03, 10:52 PM
you sais the menu doesnt help experience, which it doesnt, but it does help you to set all kinds of stuff relating to bots.

Yeah, but you can do far more damage by editing the config file directly :D

i suggest this thread is locked. :)

Not until someone has answered my question above! And i see no reason to lock this thread just cos you said so:!: (despite the fact that I'm not allowed to :cry: )

McBain
24-08-03, 10:57 PM
I get those lines too Sc00by, I'm not sure how you get rid of them...it might be something to do with developer messages... :?:

Sc00by
24-08-03, 11:09 PM
I get those lines too Sc00by, I'm not sure how you get rid of them...it might be something to do with developer messages... :?:
:(

Isn't there a forum on the site we downloaded POXBot from?

/me buggers off to go see if the answer is on there, somewhere!

Question (Skavorn have you been posting under an alias?):
hello when the pox bots attack me i have several lines appearing on the top of my screen allways how must i remove them?

Answer:
you can't remove it because that's for debugging purposes since this is a poxbot beta version. when pox 2.00 is realeased, i'm 99.99% sure that it'll be removed

So you're right, Developer code and we're stuck with them on listen servers :(