PDA

View Full Version : mEAn Bot Manager

Sc00by
09-08-03, 10:59 PM
To window it, put '-windowed 1025 768' in your command line, or tick the box in the options somewhere.

I wanted to 'unwindow' it. So I removed the -windowed command from the game shortcut and it wouldn't go back to full screen (anyone else noticed that the mouse behaves COMPLETLY differently in windowed mode? - it seems to use the windows settings (particularly the acceleration one!) which made CS almost unplayable for me...)
Anyway the option (play in window) only appears in the menu if you go into Half Life! Now I don't now if that's due to CS|RU or not, but it took me a while to figure out why I couldn't find it in CS!
But all is now sorted AND I've sorted mEAn out now so hostages are invincable and the bot plants the damn bomb first time (instead of trying and failing 6 times before running off to theother bomb site and getting shot like they used to. Also my bots now WALK! and are actually a decent challenge. Not too many (but a few) 'bot specials' (turns round takes off your head), mostly the bots are now a reasonable chalange without being too over powered. Also I currently have them on 'random' so it looks like the 'good' bots are VERY good, whilst the others are a bit more reasonable.
I'll work out how to change the bot mode over the next day or so, but basically we should have half decent bots (i.e. fit for purpose) for the next CoF event! Which must a be a good thing?

McBain
10-08-03, 07:49 AM
How hard was mEAn to install? Should I give it ago?

What I've realised is, if I can get a 'perfect' install of Counter Strike with a decent listen server, I can simply write my whole cstrike folder to a CD and save myself the trouble of re-installing CS and all it's server addons each time. Also, I can then easily set up a different PC with the server set up by just overwriting the cstrike folder from the CD.

I was thinking I would then work on a DS on a CD too :thumbs:

Sc00by
10-08-03, 11:32 AM
How hard was mEAn to install? Should I give it ago?
Pretty easy (hey I managed it) the hard bit is getting the CS shortcut right.

Download it from here (http://www3.telus.net/mean/)

And you can probably use the shortcut I posted earlier as a base for your CS shortcut... :), but the install instructions are provided and as long as you read them right it's pretty easy.

I've added the following to my listenserver.cfg to switch off the bit that it loads by default (which enforces a 'bot' team by killing humans that join it:

m_enforcebotteam off
m_botmode botsfillserver 8
mp_autoteambalance 0
m_autobalancebots off

What I've realised is, if I can get a 'perfect' install of Counter Strike with a decent listen server, I can simply write my whole cstrike folder to a CD and save myself the trouble of re-installing CS and all it's server addons each time. Also, I can then easily set up a different PC with the server set up by just overwriting the cstrike folder from the CD.

That's a damn good idea! Mine is now 'perfect' apart from de_iced, but I've not a clue why that map doesn't work... :(
I'm going to have a play and see if I can get de_iced to work and I'm going to drop my cstrike folder to a CD (cos I can now :) )

I was thinking I would then work on a DS on a CD too :thumbs:

That is also a good idea. Get the hacked version of the PODBot dll (for use with DSs) from here (http://www.emagery.org/ftp/CS/podbot.dll) and in theory it should work! :thumbs:

Guess who has spent ages on this recently?

Sc00by
10-08-03, 05:41 PM
How did you get on?
Does it all look good?
No more hossie killing! (though you don't seem to be able to use them as human shields any more either :( )
Anything I forgot?
Any reason why de_iced STILL won't work with PODBot for me? :!:

Do you now have the 'perfect' CS install?

McBain
10-08-03, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I think I might almost be there. I may slightly up the bot skill and see how I get on though first. When I'm getting 2:1 it will be about right :thumbs:

Sc00by
10-08-03, 06:48 PM
I think that by default it's 'Random' which gives a nice mix of plebs and heros! Though you are right at a CoF event we want 1 bot thats reasonable, but not SuperBot (tm)...

wintermute
11-08-03, 11:11 PM
but not SuperBot (tm)...

Maybe we could get special models with the pants on the outside? :)

Rob

Sc00by
19-08-03, 01:07 PM
Yeah, I think I might almost be there. I may slightly up the bot skill and see how I get on though first. When I'm getting 2:1 it will be about right :thumbs:

What setting did you end up with for the bots? I've got mine on 70, but I'm mostly playing 1 (or 2) v a lot of bots!
I think that anything between 70 and 80 looks llike a reasonable number for a bot @ CoF. Thoughts?

McBain
19-08-03, 05:27 PM
I don't use the original skill file, I atler the skills settings direct. I have them on a min delay of 1.1 seconds and a max of 1.5 I think...