I've just bought the game and want to know any basic things that i might need to know
Well the basics are:
If you see an enemy helicopter or jet run!!!
Go capture enemy flags by standing next to them.
See an enemy shoot!!!
I was thinking I would make a bit of a hints and tips post. Hmm, let me see if I can remember anything of what I was going to post... I'll start now and add more later.
1) When spawning at a flag, check the flag is fully hoisted. If it's half way down, hunt out the nasty person trying to cap the flag.
2) Use UAV's. Hopefully you commander will drop useful 'overhead spy cams' that will give away your enemies positions. If not, and you see someone or a vehicle, press Q and left click on the central option, declaring you have spotted someone. They will now show on everyone's radar for a few seconds.
3) Move your 'go prone' button to somewhere you can hit easily. Mine is now on 'F' as I use the numbers to switch weapon anyway. Then as soon as you start a fire fight, hit your belly, you become a much harder target.
4) If you've snuck into enemy territory and turned a flag white, it's often a good idea to move out and scout the area quickly. When the flag goes white, the enemy recently spawned there will return to see whats going on, usually expecting you to be in on the flag. Also, there may be some artillary on its way... Your safe as they can't spawn on the white flag. When you're sure no-one is hunting you, return to finish capping it.
5) Don't attract un-neccessary attention. If a tank drives by, don't shoot at it with you Colt... it wont have any effect other than making the tank come back to kill you.
6) Use distraction. If you want to plant some C4 on a tank, throw a grenade the other side, when it turns to see what it was, run out and slap your C4 on.
7) When capping a flag, alternate between F10 and F11 to keep an eye on yourself. People will spawn and try to do nasty things to you... if you see them, you can move out, kill them and then return.
Thanks, i'll give it a go once this patch finaly finishes downloading
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.