PDA

View Full Version : Counter-Strike Configs

Mitsukuu
07-05-06, 05:28 PM
I thought i'd make this thread to see if anyone is using any useful binds or config set-ups they might like to share. I've made a few recently, and i'll probably make a lot more. There's really more you can do with them than is first obvious.

The following command adjusts your crosshair scale, crosshair alpha and forces all player skins to be either Arctic Avenger or SAS, which is client-side of course. Sometimes the commands reset themselves per server, so, i've bound the string to the numpad 5 key. All you have to do, is paste it into your console, and press the numpad 5 key every time it resets itself to default.

bind "KP_5" "cl_crosshairscale 10000; cl_crosshairusealpha 1; cl_crosshairalpha 800; cl_minmodels 1; cl_min_ct 3; cl_min_t 3"

The next one is useful if your teammates aren't really on the ball, and you need some cover while defusing. Activates the radio command, and tells your team you're defusing.

bind "KP_ENTER" "coverme; say_team Defusing bomb..."

Next one uses your numpad 8 key to increase mouse sensetivity by 0.5, and numpad 2 to decrease it by 0.5.

bind "KP_8" "incrementvar sensitivity 1 10 0.5"

bind "KP_2" "incrementvar sensitivity 1 10 -0.5"

(You must enter the above two on seperate lines.)

These are fairly basic, it'd be nice to see if anyone has complex binds to share, they can really affect your gameplay.

Penguin
07-05-06, 05:35 PM
alias "fbgr" "use weapon_flashbang;"
alias "hegr" "use weapon_hegrenade;"

bind "q" "fbgr"
bind "f" "hegr"

^binds Q to select FB and F to select grenade. Sooo much easier :)

ArTFuL DoDGeR
07-05-06, 05:38 PM
Thanks Mits, im quite interested in doing the 1st one and the second one, wouldnt of thought of it myself :)

Stokes

Mitsukuu
07-05-06, 05:41 PM
There's pretty much endless combinations of things you can use. I've even heard of people using a 'strafe' toggle bind, which when toggled on, automatically strafes the player in alternating directions with every click of the mouse (So, strafing and firing).

Penguin
07-05-06, 05:42 PM
Yeah, you can get burst fire scripts, Awp stop and fire scripts and loads of others

They're all lame tbh :)

ArTFuL DoDGeR
07-05-06, 05:53 PM
Are they allowed in ED?

Stokes

Mitsukuu
07-05-06, 05:57 PM
I have to agree with you in a lot of cases Penguin, there's no point in letting scripts play for you.

There's a lot of useful ones though, that don't take over. Those are the ones i'm looking for, just requires a bit of creativity.

:thumbs:

Penguin
07-05-06, 06:01 PM
http://www.counter-script.net/ :)
Yes, they're allowed in atm I think - but the rules are due for an upgrade tomorrow

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
07-05-06, 09:05 PM
I've tried the strafe and shoot scripts and they're pants tbh, you're best off just learning to do it yourself.

Some useful binds I have are:

These 2 help whether you're CT or T, either way you want your team coming your way.

bind kp_home "say_team -=Bomb is at A, Move your ass goddamn it!=-"
bind kp_uparrow "say_team -=Bomb is at B, Move your ass goddamn it!=-"

Easy to use radio commands:

bind kp_leftarrow "radio1; menuselect 6; slot10; wait; wait; slot10" //Taking Fire, Need Assistance
bind kp_5 "radio3; menuselect 4; slot10; wait; wait; slot10" //Sector Clear
bind pgdn "radio3; menuselect 2; slot10; wait; wait; slot10" //Enemy Spotted

I use this one as CT to try and get some help when I'm sitting on the dropped bomb.

bind kp_rightarrow "say_team I have the bomb, I need back up"

Mitsukuu
07-05-06, 10:00 PM
Nice stuff, I like the last one especially.

Is numpad 4 KP_LEFTARROW, then?

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
07-05-06, 11:28 PM
Yep, kp_leftarrow is the 4 on the numberpad. I use the arrow keys to move so the numberpad is easiest to get to for any binds.

Mooshan
09-05-06, 11:48 PM
i dont use any special binds/scripts

i dont believe in em lol, if i can play well without them (which i hope i do) then i dont ever plan to use one.

and my controls are weird anyway :p

Damn It Im Shite Tonight
10-05-06, 12:10 AM
If you look closely most of the above binds are for improving communication with your team rather than improving your individual performance. There's no point typing where the bomb is or which bombsite it's ticking at when you can just press one button to have it appear. You're right about the scripts that do try and improve your play though, you're better off learning to play (and it's more fun) than trying to get the computer to do everything for you.

Cheers for the crosshair scale bind Mits, I've spent the last 6 months correcting it manually everytime I change my name or something. This makes it much easier :thumbs:

L U C K S T R I K E
16-05-06, 07:33 PM
Love the all sas code, thanks :)

Cannon_Fodder
16-05-06, 08:22 PM
thanx for these, they'll really come in handy.
:)

ArTFuL DoDGeR
16-05-06, 08:55 PM
Hmm.... So i did the stupid thing of trying to use one of those burst fire scripts, and after realising how noobish it was, i tried to get rid of it, but i cant figure out how :|

Any help would be much appreciated.

Stokes

Mitsukuu
16-05-06, 09:02 PM
Can you post the script you used?

Until then just try entering this into the console - it might work, depending on how the script has been written.

bind "MOUSE1" "+attack"

(By the way, if you're changing your configs and stuff, you might want to make a backup of your config file in a configured, but stable state.)

pitchblack
16-07-06, 01:15 PM
what settings do u have, EG what size and colour crosshair, what hand the gun is in and other things that i cant think of

Me-

4000 and green
and left handed

Penguin
16-07-06, 01:26 PM
IIRC, crosshair scale depends on resolution. Anyway, I toggle between medium (768 I think) and 1024 (think that falls into the small category) crosshair scales on 1024x768. And I use a red crosshair that isn't see through at all, so I can see it on maps like dust :D Oh, and right handed. Left handed is for people who have played CS for a long time and cba to get used to right hand, left handed people, and people who think they play better when they use left handed models :)

pitchblack
16-07-06, 01:29 PM
i use 1024x768, and i use left handed because i saw videos of people using it and had a go, never got round to changing it back. i dont see the difence realy tbh in which side it goes in

dre
16-07-06, 01:37 PM
Well i use:

Crosshair 5000
Right handed as i really dont see the point in going left handed if your right handed.