PDA

View Full Version : Server mods

sonic_dude
13-08-03, 05:46 PM
Does ne one know how hard or easy it is to setup a server mod like AMX mod or clan mod? coz im thinkin about doin one

Skavorn
13-08-03, 06:12 PM
very very hard. I tried with totally no success. Better to join a server with it on...

sonic_dude
13-08-03, 06:13 PM
ok then ill forget the idea of it then :(

Sc00by
13-08-03, 06:47 PM
Ah, but you have to bear in mind Skavorns (lack of) willingness to read instructions...

I have a CS server with Admin mod, stats me, PODBot and mEAn bot manager all installed and it wasn't that hard to do! Just follow the instructions that come with the download. Find a forum full of people who've done it before, take your time and success will be yours!

McBain has servers running AMX mod and I've done the ones above so have a go and if you get stuck ask!

sonic_dude
22-10-03, 05:52 PM
when i was playing cs today on an american server called KA they had this unusual plug in called Wc3

so i went along wit it, it was very cool actually
u get to chose what powers/race you are (diff race diff pwers)

also they had this thing where if u shout out
roll the dice
the amx thing rolls dice and it tells u what u get i.e 100 chickens,old man,no clip,god mode,jedi mode,invible mode ect
has any one else played on this thing ?

McBain
22-10-03, 05:59 PM
I've heard a fair bit about the Warcraft 3 plugin as they run it on the Nukebox CS server. I've never actually played on it though.

I had a similar plugin to roll the dice set up on the CoF server, it was basically a blackjack game. You put down a stake, say $400 and then gambled trying to beat the dealer and get as close to 21 as possible. If you won, you got double your stake back :)

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
22-10-03, 07:24 PM
i played on a server with warcraft3 on - it was quite fun, once i'd figured out wtf was going on....

sonic_dude
22-10-03, 07:33 PM
the best thing about the KA server was that everyone was on Level 10 and u didnt need to do stuff to get xp
i think it was becuz they were using an old version

[OLSC]Slaine
28-10-03, 02:16 PM
Papa Smurf]i played on a server with warcraft3 on - it was quite fun, once i'd figured out wtf was going on....

No I'm sorry it suckz...