PDA

View Full Version : making videos

Mooshan
14-05-06, 02:44 PM
is there a program i could use for example that could view any demo's i should happen to record from css which i can then convert to a file format viewable by more people?

i ask because its easier to watch that way, im useless at anything like, so any tips would be nice.

i could probably get some nice videos of me playin, would be cool.

FIDDY
14-05-06, 03:30 PM
i think most people use fraps, which you can d/l by just typing it on google i think

Camber
14-05-06, 03:58 PM
This is what i did...

Used HL2 demo's to record the gameplay.
Watch the demos and keep switching fraps on and off of which parts of the movie you want (got full version).
Used windows movie maker to edit the film and add effects in, but adobe movie is much better but cant get my hands on it yet.

Thats the best way i believe in making a video.

Mooshan
14-05-06, 04:48 PM
cos fraps is a pain in the arse, 30 secs of movie unless u buy it

isnt there a way that i can be able to view the demo, change its file format then edit it with movie maker?

McBain
14-05-06, 05:48 PM
You can't just change the file format as simple as that. There is a way to convert a demo into an avi that I used a few years back, but it was very VERY slow as it took a screenshot of each frame and then patched it all together into a movie.

Camber
14-05-06, 06:47 PM
Dont bother converting, i didnt i just let yousendit conver it for me :S lol.

If you want full version of fraps get in touch with me tbh.

lockin
14-05-06, 07:40 PM
tbh i would say fraps for my advice because i have used it before and the video's are good quality and do not lag
i think you can download the free-trail version of fraps from www.fraps.com or you have to subscribe for the full version

**Illegal suggestions editted out by McBain**

Mooshan
15-05-06, 05:39 PM
yeah please dont advertise illegal ways of gaining access to a lisenced program as im not interested.

i'll just have to register for the full version, and get makin videos.