PDA

View Full Version : CSS Random Crashing

ArTFuL DoDGeR
25-05-06, 10:34 PM
Steam Update's!

Well the new steam update seems to have messed about with my CSS again, i was playing today and ive been getting a lot of random crashing, i think 1/3 times it will crash when im joining another server or the map is changing. It will also crash randomly throughout the game-play :(

I dont know whether anyone else is having this problem, but the last two steam updates have f00ked my CSS, the last one stopped me from minimizing, and this one causes random crashes :?

I'll see what i can find on the web about these freezes, but if anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to shoot away.

Thanks Stokes.

helios
25-05-06, 11:48 PM
tried deleting clientregistry.blob?

if not, try reinstalling css

Jak
25-05-06, 11:54 PM
Check the CAL forums m8 they have some stuff on there

ArTFuL DoDGeR
26-05-06, 12:29 AM
where is clientregistry.blob located i searched through whole of C drive and it didnt find anything

Stokes

holland405
26-05-06, 09:09 AM
hi, mine done exactly the same thing, i just downloaded the most recent graphics card driver, and it seems to off fixed it.

ArTFuL DoDGeR
26-05-06, 10:50 AM
Ok thanks ill try doing that :)

Stokes

Mitsukuu
27-05-06, 06:59 AM
This happened to me on several occassions before. If you've installed lots of custom high-poly weapon/player models, you might want to rename their folders (so CSS doesn't read them) and try running the game without them.

This was causing a problem for me before, and just removing the majority of the addons fixed it (namely the really high-poly ones).

Penguin
27-05-06, 12:16 PM
There's most-likely to be a fix out tonight from Valve, see if that helps at all

Jak
27-05-06, 12:39 PM
They have fixed the sv_accelerate problem last night

ArTFuL DoDGeR
28-05-06, 12:24 AM
Well i downloaded the new graphics card drivers the other night and that seems to have fixed it.

Stokes

Redeye
28-05-06, 02:07 AM
I'm having the same problems, i downloaded my graphics drivers but that didnt fix it, although it has now stopped crashing on map changes its just while playing