PDA

View Full Version : Lanarchy 12 / Shoot Club X - Sat 13th September

McBain
18-08-03, 09:47 AM
It seems like an eternity, but finally...here are the details of our next event -
[list:02b6cf1c66]Location: Wimbledon Bridge House (www.lanarchy.co.uk/events/venues/wbh/index.html)
Cost : [url=http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/events/pricing.html]

sonic_dude
18-08-03, 09:51 AM
McBain can u put on as provisianal plz ? ill book asap

Cheers :thumbs:

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
18-08-03, 09:57 AM
if you follow the bookings link then you can say you'll pay on the day...

McBain
18-08-03, 10:03 AM
Still fill out the form please, so we have all your details. Thanks.

sonic_dude
18-08-03, 10:27 AM
ok :)

HUNTER
18-08-03, 10:32 AM
yay, i dont have to fill out the booking form :D

Tau
18-08-03, 10:46 AM
cyas there .

Sc00by
18-08-03, 12:08 PM
cyas there .

Looking forward to it...

HUNTER
18-08-03, 02:32 PM
same here, cheapest LAN i will have ever been to

Psycho Hamster
18-08-03, 04:01 PM
Will be good to meet you all :D

Simple_Simon
18-08-03, 05:07 PM
Hunter, will you be ready for UT2003 or are you going to pull out like the last time.....lol

HUNTER
18-08-03, 06:05 PM
i will be ready, though i haven't played all summer so i maybe a little rusty :lol:

SpyHunterUK
18-08-03, 06:17 PM
yep should be able to come. thanks to hunters good article riting. how much to rent a whole pc

Crippler2032
18-08-03, 06:20 PM
thanks to hunters good article riting.

now thats a RARE statement! :wink:

HUNTER
18-08-03, 06:20 PM
yep should be able to come. thanks to hunters good article riting. how much to rent a whole pc

i will no doubt have a review up of l12 once it's over

Psycho Hamster
18-08-03, 06:28 PM

Well if your coming to the Lan I can give you your new PC then Kid'o :D

Skavorn
18-08-03, 09:16 PM
hmmmm I should be coming....but not totally sure my dads a bit grumpy about the distance....

McBain
18-08-03, 09:26 PM
If you can get to ours by about 7am, you can get a lift.

SpyHunter, if the PC isn't ready for you, you can hire a PC off us for

Skavorn
18-08-03, 09:38 PM
hmmm I'll ask my dad and get back to u there :)

Crippler2032
18-08-03, 11:11 PM
Looking forward to Lanarchy 12/SC X hope to see alot of you guys there :D

And if i dont, this is for killing me at any game... :bird:

Sc00by
18-08-03, 11:17 PM
hmmmm I should be coming....but not totally sure my dads a bit grumpy about the distance....

I may be able to organise a lift if you're interested? Though I will be expecting you to do some fetching a carrying to pay for your fuel :)

Crippler2032
18-08-03, 11:22 PM
you mean Skav is stealing my job? :lol:

Sc00by
18-08-03, 11:39 PM
Maybe. You can have it back if you're quick though :P

Skavorn
19-08-03, 02:50 AM

I may be able to organise a lift if you're interested? Though I will be expecting you to do some fetching a carrying to pay for your fuel :)

Mohohohohahahaaa I found a job atlast...yay I aint unemployed!!!

Yes I will PROBABLY take you up on that. I dont mind helping you shift a few boxes, heck what are mates for...

sonic_dude
19-08-03, 06:22 AM
this might just be my computer but when i press book now in the booking place it came up with a white page saying im from an unauthorised domain ??? anyone know how to stop this ?

wintermute
19-08-03, 12:03 PM
It works fine for me - anyone else having the same problem?

Rob

Sc00by
19-08-03, 12:10 PM
It works fine for me - anyone else having the same problem?

Nope, I was hoping you'd know what was happening cos without being able to see it I've NAFB (not a... clue! :P )

wintermute
19-08-03, 12:12 PM
Sonic_dude, when it comes up can you tell me the exact URL displayed in the browser (copy and paste it would be best).

Oh, and you're not on AOL are you?

Rob

sonic_dude
19-08-03, 12:23 PM
no im not on aol im on freeserve i dont know why this screen comes up but if it continus i wont be able to book :cry: http://lanarchy.co.uk/formmail.php i dont know why this url came but thats what it ses when i press the book now , plz help

wintermute
19-08-03, 01:19 PM
You can always book by sending McBain an email.

What's the exact URL of the booking page you're submitting from?

Also, please check you have your IE set to 'Check for new version every time you view the page'.

Rob

sonic_dude
19-08-03, 01:54 PM
this one is what i did http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/booking.html <-----

and it is already set to check for new updates

wintermute
19-08-03, 03:14 PM
this one is what i did http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/booking.html

Hmm, I've done a bit of testing, messed around with some PHP code etc., it all seems to work for me.

and it is already set to check for new updates

How often is it set to check for new pages? (this is Internet Explorer I'm talking about, not Windows Update, under Internet Options, then click the Settings button in the Temporary Files section)

Anyway, I've updated all the pages, try it again now.

Rob

sonic_dude
19-08-03, 03:36 PM
ok ive checked it and it shud work now :thumbs:, maybe not then :huh: :cry:

Sc00by
19-08-03, 04:20 PM
Shouldn't that whole conversation be someplace else?

:P

McBain
19-08-03, 05:41 PM
One of the [OLSC] guys had the same problem....

wintermute
19-08-03, 06:12 PM
Was he also on Freeserve?

The error they're getting is the one you should get if you're trying to use the script from anything other than the lanarchy.co.uk domain (to stop spammers using our script to send out millions of emails), so either the ISP is somehow intefering with the IP addresses during the form submit or there's some funny security thing going on - perhaps a local firewall or something - so the IP address of the requesting page isn't getting passed to the script.

Rob

sonic_dude
19-08-03, 08:38 PM
so how do i get it to work ?

wintermute
19-08-03, 08:42 PM
I don't know, it depends what the problem is - at the minute we don't have enough information, though I'm fairly sure it must be something with either your browser or your ISP, because if there was a problem at the server it wouldn't work for everybody.

Probably best in the meantime just to send McBain an email announcing your intention to come.

Rob

McBain
19-08-03, 08:53 PM
Probably best in the meantime just to send McBain an email announcing your intention to come.

Include all then information requested on the form.

sonic_dude
20-08-03, 11:34 AM
ill have a go on my old pc and see if i can get to book using that, its prob just my pc , ill let u know how i get on

sonic_dude
21-08-03, 05:55 PM
ok ive found out what the problem was,but not been able to fix it, i got away around it,since by usuing my other pc :),i guess it was just my internet :P

Sc00by
21-08-03, 06:23 PM
So did you make it work or not?

I think you mean that it won't work on your PC, but when you tried another it did work? But you're not sure why!

You know there's this language, right? It's called ENGLISH! Please try and use it occasionally. Ta
Any more posts like this one and we're going to have to make you call yourself HUNTER2!

sonic_dude
21-08-03, 06:26 PM
So did you make it work or not?

I think you mean that it won't work on your PC, but when you tried another it did work? But you're not sure why!

You know there's this language, right? It's called ENGLISH! Please try and use it occasionally. Ta
Any more posts like this one and we're going to have to make you call yourself HUNTER2!

yeah it wont work on my pc, and then i tried it on my other one,and it works but i dont know why lol,call me whatever i dont mind as long as its nice

sonic_dude
21-08-03, 07:46 PM
where/how do i book a pc?

McBain
21-08-03, 08:39 PM
I'll put you down for one.

Skavorn
21-08-03, 11:24 PM
yay! cant wait.......

Sc00by
21-08-03, 11:25 PM
post to bring up the new page - which has done one once again!

well that wasn't worth it - I should've known...

Skavorn
22-08-03, 03:36 AM
what!?!?

sonic_dude
22-08-03, 06:55 AM
im finally booked :thumbs: yay

SpyHunterUK
22-08-03, 08:11 AM
whos sponsoring this event? :P

and what are the prizes? :)

McBain
22-08-03, 09:07 AM
No main sponsor as yet. The prizes will be what is left after the forum competition.

You can't expect too much for only

SpyHunterUK
22-08-03, 03:50 PM
yeh, still, this must be the cheapest event ive ever been to :) . and for 12 hours :o

Crippler2032
22-08-03, 04:31 PM
and its looking like its gonna be quite a big lan too, 23 i think it is already booked :) lookin good :D

HUNTER
22-08-03, 04:43 PM
looks good :D

some amazing gaming is ahead of us all.

SpyHunterUK
22-08-03, 08:37 PM
23 already booked. and atill bout 20 days till the event :D

Psycho Hamster
23-08-03, 08:47 AM
McBain, Any chance we can have DOD stats on the day as well as CS???

wintermute
23-08-03, 11:18 AM
We use Half Life stats for the real time stats, which will work for many HL mods. And I've just been checking and it appears that there is finally a new version of HL stats out (it's been about two years), will be attempting to set it all up shortly.

Rob

Psycho Hamster
23-08-03, 11:35 AM
Cool.

McBain
23-08-03, 07:18 PM
There will just be a small line that needs to be added to the DoD autoexec.cfg I believe. (You guys are running the DoD server I think)

Psycho Hamster
23-08-03, 07:28 PM
There will just be a small line that needs to be added to the DoD autoexec.cfg I believe. (You guys are running the DoD server I think)

Cool, Smurf didnt tell me that :oops:

Skavorn
23-08-03, 07:46 PM
and its looking like its gonna be quite a big lan too, 23 i think it is already booked :) lookin good :D

yes but thats normally like LANarchy everyone books within the 1st weeek then only like 2 extras book for the rest of the times left, in this case...someone said "20 days"

HUNTER
23-08-03, 07:54 PM
didn't know that either :)

will be good to play some DoD with no lag as well as meeting some of the OLSC guys

Crippler2032
23-08-03, 07:57 PM

yes but thats normally like LANarchy everyone books within the 1st weeek then only like 2 extras book for the rest of the times left, in this case...someone said "20 days"

hopefully we can get some of the uklans guys & some more of the SEL guys down to this one, any word if any of the uklans guys are coming to this one?

McBain
23-08-03, 08:00 PM
I don't think any UKLans will make it, and tbh, I don't blame them. It is a long journey to SW18 from Dav.

Three <SEL> have booked so far, might get a couple more of them if we're lucky.

Sc00by
23-08-03, 08:28 PM
Any chance of a few more from Babblers? Should wwe go and :spam: their forum? No Bond0r, wayster, sherlock, etc?

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
24-08-03, 11:48 PM

Cool, Smurf didnt tell me that :oops:mushroom treatment. :)

Freddy
25-08-03, 10:44 PM
Me and a friend have signed up (Slacker Zero & Mendy), Mendy needs to hire a PC, do you still have enough to rent out? BTW, our first LAN, should be fun seeing as its only 10 minutes away from my house :D

Sc00by
26-08-03, 01:21 AM
:D Good to have you on board Freddy.

As far as I'm aware we still have machines available. I'm sure you'll have an email from McBain shortly confirming that and telling you what we need from you to confirm a PC.

Skavorn
26-08-03, 03:21 AM
normally some cash in advance 8)

McBain
26-08-03, 08:23 AM
BTW, our first LAN, should be fun seeing as its only 10 minutes away from my house :D

Hopefully we can make it a day to remember for you :) All I would say is, have the machine your bringing running at its best (defrag, disk cleanup, games patched up etc) before you come. I've mailed you about the hire PC, shouldn't be any problems there.

Freddy
26-08-03, 05:21 PM
Thanks guys :) should be fun, been meaning to go to one for a while but as my alias says... I'm a big slacker and can never be bothered to travel too far, but seeing as this one is just up the road i am defently going to be there... and hopefully some of your others in the future.

I just sent you an email McBain about payment, so check yo' inbox. :wink:

HUNTER
26-08-03, 07:37 PM
sounds like it's going to be fun, if u need help with parents anyone please check LANGuide.co.uk as it will have some good info for you.

will also have a review of L12 once the event has taken place

Skavorn
26-08-03, 10:26 PM
ya thats Hunter UT2k3 expert....apparently.... :lol:

HUNTER
27-08-03, 09:31 AM
i know whats what, i'm not the greatest play but i dont need to be

Mincemeat
27-08-03, 02:34 PM
O yeh. i could make the Wimbledon event if there were any lifts available? if there is anyone who is passing harrow or lives near harrow (i could make it to you) and are going to the wimbledon event let me know.
cheers.
:)

Skavorn
27-08-03, 03:24 PM
ya...the more the merrier... :P

-logical- Chimp
28-08-03, 12:35 PM
well, after receiving email notifications from the first event onwards, i figure its about time i actually turn up to one... ;)

actually, its more the mini-pc (which im hopin thurns up this weekend) thats prompted this, rather than the move south (although that definitely helps - nothin quite like luggin a full tower around on public transport :p)

one question tho: will there be an improvisation type server, where someone can slap arrange to slap any old game server up ? eg AvP, or similar ?

Sc00by
28-08-03, 12:46 PM
one question tho: will there be an improvisation type server, where someone can slap arrange to slap any old game server up ? eg AvP, or similar ?

We tend to cover this by letting people host their own listen servers for anything that they want to play. We provide a number of DSs (CS, BF, DoD, etc), but if you want to play something that isn't hosted by us then just throw yourself a server up and tell as many people as you can!

[OLSC]Fizban
01-09-03, 02:54 PM
Is there any chance of finding out which maps are going to be used for the CS and DoD compations, it's just I need the practice?

Thanks

Fizban
The cause of the problem is:
bit bucket overflow

Sc00by
01-09-03, 03:18 PM
CS - historically we've run CS competitions on standard maps with the team that is playing CT choosing which map they wish to play on.
So you need to know all the CS standard maps I'm afraid.

To just play on there will be a dust all day server (which has Dust on it all day - and a custom map server, which should be running the CoF mapcycle (which I think the OLSC server is now running?)

DoD, you'd better ask someone else :)

Psycho Hamster
01-09-03, 03:20 PM
Is the Dust all day server not even going to have dust 2 on it???

Sc00by
01-09-03, 03:28 PM
Is the Dust all day server not even going to have dust 2 on it???

Historically is has run de_dust all day. In all honesty what tends to happen is that people run round de_dust for a hour or so wile others are setting up and then it doesn't get used again...

Psycho Hamster
01-09-03, 03:30 PM
Can understand that, good warm-up I guess to :D

McBain
01-09-03, 04:00 PM
DoD, you'd better ask someone else :)

Papa Smurf is the man to field this question.

Some info on how we run the CS competition -- Teams choose what will be their 'home' map.
- Teams are randomly matched up for the first round of the knockout competition.
- A coin is flipped to see who is T and CT first.
- Whenever you are CT, your 'home' map is played.
- Each map (you play CT on your map, T on your opponents 'home' map) is played best of 15. (Traditionally, even when the winner is mathematically through, the map is finished off)
- The winner moves to the next stage, the loser drops into the loser knockout competition.
- If you lose in the loser comp, you're out.
- The winner of the loser comp meets the winner of the winners comp in a final, but they must beat them twice to win, as everyone gets to lose one game and stay in. Confused?
Basically everyone has one life. So if you get matched against the best CS team there (CoF manage this most times) your not out straight away. Works well, takes a little longer than a straight knockout though.

Psycho Hamster
01-09-03, 04:11 PM
EDIT: I was talking utter shit so have ripped out this post.

Sorry McB.

McBain
01-09-03, 04:15 PM
The actual teams will be sorted by people before hand. Which team plays which team will be randomly matched up :roll:

:tongueout:

Psycho Hamster
01-09-03, 04:18 PM
The actual teams will be sorted by people before hand. Which team plays which team will be randomly matched up :roll:

:tongueout:

Ah, ok :oops:

I miss read that then, sorry.

[OLSC]Fizban
01-09-03, 04:25 PM
Papa Smurf is the man to field this question.

Ah, he said ask here :lol:

Confused?

Nope, your not trying hard enough :lol:

Fizban

secretary plugged hairdryer into UPS

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
01-09-03, 04:34 PM
we'll just butcher your cs format for dod as well then (obviously swapping allies for CT & axis for T) however, since dod is not done by rounds, how long does each match normally take? we'll just say highest score after 15 mins or something

[OLSC]Fizban
01-09-03, 04:49 PM
Is it the same rules for BF1942?

Tanks

Fizban
BNC (brain not connected)

McBain
01-09-03, 04:58 PM
Papa Smurf]we'll just say highest score after 15 mins or something
I presume with DoD you can set mp_timelimit to 15? Does one side have an advantage over the other? (Like Ts do over CTs in CS?)

Fizban]Is it the same rules for BF1942?
Taken from the Competitions page (http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/events/competitions.html) -
Teams of 6 will compete on Capture The Flag style gameplay in a league format. Flag captures will be like goals, score as many as you can to break tie-breakers.

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
01-09-03, 05:08 PM
Papa Smurf]we'll just say highest score after 15 mins or something
I presume with DoD you can set mp_timelimit to 15? Does one side have an advantage over the other? (Like Ts do over CTs in CS?)
yup you can set the timelimit, and yup, some maps favour one side more than the other.

question : in the CS tourney, team A's home map is inferno, team B's is dust (obv A is playing B). The coin is flipped, A wins and therefore plays CT on inferno...then what happens? do they switch so A plays T on inferno then switch to dust for 2 more matches, or go straight to dust where B play as CT? or something else?

McBain
01-09-03, 05:58 PM
Straight to de_dust after playing inferno. The idea is, pretty much all maps favour Ts so the way to get the most even maps is to let the CTs do decide the map. Kinda like, one person cuts the cake in half, the other chooses which half to have. Best way to keep it even :)

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
01-09-03, 10:11 PM
personally i'd rather play the maps both ways (as T & CT) for half the time, but I'll trust in your wisdom... :wink:

McBain
01-09-03, 10:25 PM
It's hard enough for people to work out aggregate scores as it is :? :P

Also, best of 7...would be a bit silly tbh.

Sc00by
01-09-03, 10:29 PM
It's hard enough for people to work out aggregate scores as it is :? :P

He's right you know you wouldn't BELIEVE how hard it is to convice people that if they lost the first one 9-6 and won the second 8-7 then they've lost...

Also, best of 7...would be a bit silly tbh.

I agree (but then I would...) you can go 4-0 down in a twinkling and never have a spot at pulling it back. At least best of 15 gives you a chance (and it's happened may times at CoF events...

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
02-09-03, 10:46 AM
can you mark Beard as event staff as well

Skavorn
05-09-03, 03:46 AM
well...Saturday is almost among us....so I better practise a bit of CS...what maps r we gonna play, so I can practise, is it all the standard maps?

HUNTER
05-09-03, 08:42 AM
it's a week away skav, so you've got plenty of time next week :D

Sc00by
05-09-03, 11:28 AM
well...Saturday is almost among us....so I better practise a bit of CS...what maps r we gonna play, so I can practise, is it all the standard maps?

The Competitions are going to be run on standard maps, yes. Though I'd imagine that some of the gaming will be on the custom (CoF mapcycle) server.

Mincemeat
05-09-03, 02:28 PM
Yeh. I may have some free time. Count me in. But i may need a PC though guys. Anyway i have emailed Mcbain the details. I just got a new job at the London Science Museum. :D I may be working at the Imax cinema attraction but not too sure. I have a training day on the 10th and then start weekend work soon. (part time weekend job!) So hopefully i start on the 20th And NOT the 13th! But im gonna email and double check! :wink:

Stabzz
10-09-03, 11:43 AM
This is my second time attending an event held by LANArchy and I am really looking forward to it! I have attended other LAN Parties in the UK and so far I can honestly say that my first experience with this group was the BEST so far! The first event was the 2 day one held in London and I can't wait for you all to host another one!!!

Oh... get rid of CS! Time for everyone to move onto another real game to really test some skill instead of recertifing yourself in the old one! :P

SpyHunterUK
10-09-03, 04:33 PM
bad news :cry: . I cant come to the actual event :cry: but may pop down for about 10mins :D
WooHoo! :)

Mincemeat
11-09-03, 10:19 PM
hey stabzz. remember me (teamed up with ya at the lanarchy in c london). if ur short on players i dont mind joining your group as im solo so would need to join the undermaned groups for competitions. :D

anywayz i have been testing my PC by running all the games, benchmarking it by looping and just tweakin it and it hasnt crashed ! :shock: still on the safe side i will bring all my drivers on sat. i cant forget what happened at my previous lanarchy!

see you all on sat (u better practise). :)

PS what time do the doors of the venue open. i may be there a bit early!

bye

McBain
11-09-03, 10:47 PM
PS what time do the doors of the venue open. i may be there a bit early!

Thats fine. You won't be let in....but thats fine.

I think we'll be opening the doors at somepoint between 9 and 9:30am.

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
14-09-03, 08:36 AM
I'd just like to say thanks to a few people : All the admins for their efforts Everyone for coming - I think we all had a good time Stabzz for saving my life with a Mountain Dew and coolant for "showing" me Halo The Babblers crew for showing us how to play the games we thought we already knew :? special thank to the guys who tidied up at the end, thanks fellaz

Hope to see you all at the next one... :gunner:

McBain
14-09-03, 08:40 AM
I would second that. Great day, great turn out and the usual great atmosphere :thumbs:

See ya'll back up on Watford in a few weeks ;)

Simple_Simon
14-09-03, 10:21 AM
Thanks to all the Lanarchy and the OLSC guys for a hot and great day.
Oh and BTW thanks for tell me that the drinks machine was free guys :oops:

HUNTER
14-09-03, 11:41 AM
:lol: that was one of the best moments of the day ;)

was a good day, congrats to the babblers lot for kicking CoF 2's ass in the CS final :)

well done to all who attended and played was great, though a little hot.

think i may kick your ass next time Simple_Simon (i did beat you once in BF1942)

Peter Piper
14-09-03, 12:06 PM
Well done guys another great event and my condolences for those whose machines never survived the heat. Another test of computer and player endurance.

Well done guys. Hope the next one is in the same place because as we found Wimbledon has the tottie to keep us hottie. :thumbs: Well done :thumbs:

McBain
14-09-03, 12:27 PM
think i may kick your ass next time Simple_Simon

:lol: Had there been 30 more seconds in UT...I'd have beaten you :P ;)

Btw, the photo's are now up (http://photo.andycr.com/L12/index.html).

Cass
14-09-03, 03:12 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to all the LANarchy boys and the other guys involved in yesterday's LAN.

The venue was fantastic and was ideally placed for most people I think.

Had a wicked time, DOD was all new and fun, CS was a blast from the past and I may have to start playing it a bit more.

Shame I couldn't stay for the BF1942 carnage :(

Roll on the next LAN !!

Stabzz
14-09-03, 04:30 PM
Had a good time playing with everyone! This group is made of some really great guys! Papa Smurf... Thanks for making us (Stabzz and Coolant) feel at home with you all and looking out for us! To OLSC-3 WE SUCKED! :lol: But I had a great time sucking right along with you! Don't feel too bad... I was second to last in ranking!

I hope to play with everyone again soon! Oh and my problem with my power supply... Fixed! I forgot that when I re-engineered the interior, I forgot to attach the fan sensor (RPM Monitoring) to the motherboard! DUHHHH! Patched it in and working like a champ now!

Wondering for next LAN party... Can there be a vote for the top three tournaments to take place?

McBain
14-09-03, 04:48 PM
Can there be a vote for the top three tournaments to take place?

How do you mean? A vote for what games tournaments are held for?

Unfortunatly, not really...as we only have experience on how to administer certain games, and wouldn't know how to control the servers... :( There may well be a JK3:JA competition at the next LAN though :thumbs:

[OLSC]LtTomWoolley
14-09-03, 05:35 PM
Thanks to the guys who organized and ran the event :thumbs: :thumbs:
Otherwise I think most of what I want to say has already been said above.
8)

may well be a JK3:JA competition at the next LAN though :thumbs:
Woo! Another game to suck royally at! *Cue random waving about of lightsaber*

Psycho Hamster
14-09-03, 05:41 PM
Good day, good Fun :D

Looking forward to the next joint Lan Party :twisted:

Crippler2032
14-09-03, 05:55 PM
Yeah, a good lan, hope to see everyone at the next Lan :D

Mincemeat
14-09-03, 09:16 PM
yeh. Thanx alot OLSC and Lanarchy. it was a real sizzler. but i kept cool 8) to beat olsc *cough* just in cs though they minced us in everything else incl. dod!

Hi to the SEL crew who minced me in rtcwET :o

Hello to stabbz and co. (hope to see u in watford! in the near future)

and Hi TEAM MISC especially logic chimp!

Thew event went quite well. I got home with a bad back after lugging my 20kilo+ base unit around! so in the future will probably watford for me, unless i drive down to wimbledon! (or buy a sweet shuttle)

OH yeh: Just like to say a big : HUNTER is Crap in UT (if u all remember i owned hunter! hehehe) :arrow: :evillaugh:

SEee ya at the next one

HUNTER
14-09-03, 10:02 PM
as i said to Simon on MSN i only play for fun, and havent played all summer so i'm not great atm

coolant
15-09-03, 08:03 AM
yah, i had a TON of fun!

Thanks for showing me the british can play just as well as the americans! :D

HUNTER
15-09-03, 08:09 AM
yah, i had a TON of fun!

Thanks for showing me the british can play just as well as the americans! :D

we play better we just dont make a big deal about it.

was good to hear about the CS stuff :)

-logical- Chimp
15-09-03, 10:18 AM
Well, that was a top-notch day, really enjoyed it :D

To those that organised it: Give yourselves a BIG Banana :D (and yes, i do mean the long yellow fruit - very good at restoring energy :P)

oh - and i will be attending more (possibly even the watford ones :D) now i got a computer i can lift.

Mince - I have sympathy for you, luggin that case around - treat yourself to a shuttle - you know you want to :wink:. Oh - and fix that darn cable in your power block - no more TKs 'oops the cable must be loose' ok ? :lol:

ps - Jedi Knight gets my vote, even if only for the silly sabre waving :)

Stabzz
18-09-03, 05:25 PM
Nawww... We just felt sorry for you all and we didn't want to beat you in your own country! :P

McBain, yes I was referring to getting some voting for the next LAN. How about a poll with the games that you do know how to administer? Also, I think that you might agree that there was a little chaos this last LAN. Any suggestions as to how that can be improved? One suggestion I would have would be to have a dedicated administer for each tournament held that way there can be order and an overseer for it at all times. Your thoughts?

SpyHunterUK
18-09-03, 05:31 PM
[Quote front page] Check out the fun and games enjoyed by 36 gamers in Wimbledon last Saturday. [Quote]
me make it 37 nxt time :wink:

Sc00by
18-09-03, 05:52 PM
Also, I think that you might agree that there was a little chaos this last LAN. Any suggestions as to how that can be improved? One suggestion I would have would be to have a dedicated administer for each tournament held that way there can be order and an overseer for it at all times. Your thoughts?

Yes there was a little chaos at the last LAN, some caused by a network glitch that didn't want to go away early on, some caused by the very fact that we were in 2 rooms and there where occasions where 1 room didn't know what the other was doing and some caused by people not having games/latest patches installed. I'm not pointing the finger at anyone here either.

We're looking at ways to address those issues (of course). The dedicated game admin idea is certainly one thing that we are considering (actually we're talking about 2, but the idea is the same). The downside is that the game admin probably isn't going to be able to play the game in question, but we should be able to work round that NP.

Normally our events run a little smoother than that as we confirm that people have games/patches installed as they arrive and we don't have people spread over 2 rooms making it easier to inform everyone of what is going on also we tend to have the admin tools close by as well so there is none of this running from one room to another to restart a server!

But we learnt from the experience and the NEXT one will be better thanks to what we learnt from this one...

I hope to be able to prove that to you in October :thumbs: