PDA

View Full Version : Source Adventure Games

McBain
18-06-06, 07:34 AM
A couple of mods getting a little press at the moment -

Weekday Warrior (http://students.guildhall.smu.edu/~weekdaywarrior/contents/html/home.html) - A Half Life 2 Total conversion, a comical game set in an office environment, in which a bored office worker daydreams to escape his normal life.

http://students.guildhall.smu.edu/~weekdaywarrior/contents/images/screenshot/16.gif

Shanty Town (http://students.guildhall.smu.edu/~shantytown/index.php?Page=About)

Shantytown takes place in an imagined future reality where the earth has been largely overtaken by a jungle of poisonous fungus. Humanity has taken refuge in towering vertical cities protected by massive walls that spray fungicide into the jungle to keep it at bay. A heartless plutocracy controls these cities from the highest levels, while the poor and underprivileged live in squalid conditions in the lower levels. Our story takes place on the tenth level of one of these cities. Technology is more advanced than it is today, but it is only available to the wealthy people at the top. Most people in the city make do with run-down, dilapidated 21st century technology.

If anyone likes adventure games, they might be worth a look...

**EDIT** I've just watched the promo trailer for Weekday Warrior, it looks pretty good fun actually, so I'm downloading now :)

"From the people that brought you....

...Uh

...nothing you've ever heard off"

dre
18-06-06, 07:27 PM
Well im downloading weekday warrior now since all the other games iv got are starting to bore the shit out of m and tbh it mlooks like an ok game :)

Bob47
18-06-06, 10:02 PM
played WW liked it compleated it now looking for another game like it

FIDDY
19-06-06, 03:20 PM
I think i might get WW but im not really sure, the link doesnt really say much about the game so what is it about?

dre
19-06-06, 03:26 PM
Iv played ot for about 10-15 minutes. Basically so far your an emplyer and you have to go around the office doing certain things for the other workers. As you get a bit further it tells you there planning to shut down your appartment so i guess thats what the whole games about trying to save your job.

Bob47
19-06-06, 04:14 PM
you are pretty much correct Dre but has anyone played shanty town because i am stuck on it and it is really bugging me

McBain
19-06-06, 06:15 PM
Bob, how long did it take you to complete WW? Is it worth playing then, not as a time filler, but is it worth actually making time to play the game (when I could be playing BF2 instead! :) )

Simon
19-06-06, 07:16 PM
WW isn't really worth it, took me about 40 mins i think

Bob47
19-06-06, 07:37 PM
took we about half an hour to compleate but i did stay on to play the games on it which are fun

danthemanic
20-06-06, 12:26 AM
Nice idea, poorly executed. Game is far too buggy for a final release, just seems to be a testbed for what could be achieved. Hope to see some more in the future though.

Bob47
20-06-06, 02:45 PM
i havent noticed any bugs on it Where abouts where they

ArTFuL DoDGeR
20-06-06, 03:06 PM
Hmm thought i already wrote my review on here :roll:

Well IMHO i wouldnt say that weekday warrior is worth it even though its free! For a start its about the dullest, boring, pointless, and pathetic game i've played (sorry to sound harsh but..)

The first screen i came to when i clicked "New Game" They had mistaken the word feel for fell :?

As the game went on it got more and more boring and then after a while i finally got stuck on a bug, this was after thinking about quitting and going and writing my review on here about how crap it was! I spent about 10 seconds trying to get out of the bug and i thought bugga it, its not worth it.

I Wont be going back to this game... And i would rather be playing BF2 if i was you McB.

I played it for about 15-20 mins

Stokes

Bob47
20-06-06, 03:09 PM
thats strange i never found a bug on it i must have a weird machine. But i thought it was a good find i needed to get away from FPS's and this was mt little break from them

Penguin
20-06-06, 04:44 PM
It wouldn't even install for me :/

ArTFuL DoDGeR
20-06-06, 04:57 PM
Lucky you ;) ** Sorry for spam, needed to be said**

danthemanic
20-06-06, 08:27 PM
My favourite bug was on the "stealth" level. The guards may have tunnel vision Metal Gear style, but they can also see through solid walls. Game Over. Might have been a one off, but some basic testing should sort this.