PDA

View Full Version : Counter-strike tonight?

Sc00by
20-08-03, 08:09 AM
I'm probably going to end up on a server somewhere on the 'net later tonight (10ish onwards) I'll drop past #lanarchy on my way out though so if anyone else fancies having a giggle...?

I'll be on the Lanarchy TS server too I think.
Hope to see a few of you tonight then :thumbs:

McBain
20-08-03, 09:15 AM
Might be pushing it to go gaming again tonight....maybe for a quick though :)

HUNTER
20-08-03, 09:55 AM
yeah i'm up for a game tonight will be good to test the CoF buy scripts and key binds

sonic_dude
20-08-03, 11:31 AM
ill come along if u dont mind me playing

Crippler2032
20-08-03, 11:43 AM
I'll have to miss this one, i'm gonna be down the pub watching the England game and dont intend on being in any state to play CS in when i get home :D

McBain
20-08-03, 01:40 PM
Oooh, the England game... What time's that start? 8ish I presume?

Psycho Hamster
20-08-03, 02:33 PM
I may join you in CS tonight, if I can find you all :D

Crippler2032
20-08-03, 02:54 PM
yeah, 7.45 or 8ish i think

Psycho Hamster
20-08-03, 03:58 PM
Sorry guys, [OLSC]Hitman is organising a DOD sesh (on our server) tonight and I cant miss playing DOD :)

Your welcome to come join in.

sonic_dude
20-08-03, 05:30 PM
maybe i cant make it,ive had too much time on the pc 2day :( and i wont be allowed untill about 9ish

HUNTER
21-08-03, 08:28 AM
ty for organising it scooby :)

thanks for playing dusted :)

TS is good when i got scooby to win a round :)

did you get the screenshot scooby?

Sc00by
21-08-03, 11:12 AM

Yep, mailed to McBain so he can put it where everyone can see it and we can all bask in the wonder that is UK2... :(

We went to the @ttic server, but it wouldn't let Hunter in and there were only 2 guys on it anyway :( So dropped onto a UK2 server (that I play on quite a bit) and boy was it laggy! Dusted gave up (sensible bloke) and hunter is used to lag though probably not quite as bad as we got it last night :!:

Oh well. Must find a decent server.
/me thinks that the demon servers are normally pretty good...

HUNTER
21-08-03, 01:34 PM
well i eventually got it by removing the config files (didn't like buy scripts)

spent 10 mins or so going in and out sorting my config.

could we not get a CoF server?

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
21-08-03, 02:29 PM
would there be any interest in splitting the costs on the OLSC server?

Sc00by
21-08-03, 02:50 PM
How much are we talking? I'd certainly consider it (esp. as once the lanarchy/shoot club events start actually happening it'll be pretty easy to give you some cash towards it). This maybe best discussed off the public forum though? Post in the lanarchy forum on your forum (that doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean!)

McBain
21-08-03, 05:48 PM
Papa Smurf]would there be any interest in splitting the costs on the OLSC server?

I have thought about getting a CoF server recently, but personally I would want a CS server really....not DoD :P

During next week (my week off) I will get the old CoF server set up again. The plan is to have the CoF custom maps on it, 5 bots, AMXmod and mEAn bot manager, 4 reserved slots for people on LAN and room for 7 to connect in...making it possible to have 8 on 8 if we're lucky :thumbs:

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
22-08-03, 07:18 AM
Papa Smurf]would there be any interest in splitting the costs on the OLSC server?

I have thought about getting a CoF server recently, but personally I would want a CS server really....not DoD :Pbut we have CS installed (both versions, 1.5 & Steam beta 1.6), and TFC if anyone wants me to show them how to play... :lol: I suggest we listen to scooby (not sure if it's something I want to make a habit of... :wink: ) and shift this to the olsc lanarchy forum

Sc00by
22-08-03, 08:04 AM
I suggest we listen to scooby (not sure if it's something I want to make a habit of... )

Hey I do have the occasional good idea, honest! :P

Psycho Hamster
22-08-03, 08:35 AM
Well we could have a rota and have CS on Mondays DOD Tuesdays and so on. :)

Sc00by
22-08-03, 09:03 AM
Well we could have a rota and have CS on Mondays DOD Tuesdays and so on. :)

Goddamn it That's another good idea! :D

As long as CS ends up being on a Wednesday (the night it's easiest for me to get on-line and play games) I don't mind.

Is it just a HL server? Or could BF (or one of it's variants) be thrown into the mix too? (For those that like that kind of thing...)

Sc00by
22-08-03, 09:23 AM
For some reason the new thread under Lanarchy on your site is giving me a 'General Error' and won't let me into it, so here;'s my reply to what ntw posted:

From our POV, it depends whether McBain gets the old CoF server up and running again or not (which doesn't cost anything a month and thus is a much better long term investment :P ) Maybe we should host your DoD and charge you a monthly fee? :D

Seriously for a second. I've no great problem with it, though as you say we'd need some kind of rota and if it ended up with OLSC guys on it on DoD nights and CoF guys on it on CS nights then I'm not sure that it's actually that great an idea.

Would you guys come on and play CS? Would we come on and play DoD? I think we probably need the answers to those questions before a decision is made. I'm not sure I'd play that much DoD if I'm being honest, but I reserve the right to change may mind after Tuesday! :P

When you've worked out what's up with the forum can some one stick that into the discussion over there? Ta!

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
22-08-03, 09:38 AM
For some reason the new thread under Lanarchy on your site is giving me a 'General Error' and won't let me into it, so here;'s my reply to what ntw posted:

From our POV, it depends whether McBain gets the old CoF server up and running again or not (which doesn't cost anything a month and thus is a much better long term investment :P ) Maybe we should host your DoD and charge you a monthly fee? :D

Seriously for a second. I've no great problem with it, though as you say we'd need some kind of rota and if it ended up with OLSC guys on it on DoD nights and CoF guys on it on CS nights then I'm not sure that it's actually that great an idea.

Would you guys come on and play CS? Would we come on and play DoD? I think we probably need the answers to those questions before a decision is made. I'm not sure I'd play that much DoD if I'm being honest, but I reserve the right to change may mind after Tuesday! :P

When you've worked out what's up with the forum can some one stick that into the discussion over there? Ta!
i think it ran out of space and corrupted a few of the recent postings which then corrupted the threads. It's working now but some of the threads still seem to be corrupt :cry:
We can stick anything we like on the server (space permitting) as long as it's linux compatible (what isn't now-a-days though?) and, with more subscribers, we could easily afford more space (correct me if i'm wrong, PH). personally i'll usually play whatever is going, although i get bored easily so imho a rota would be ideal :) 'course with more regular players it'd be easier to organise more online events (mo-cs, tu-dod,we-cscustom,th-nwn,fr-dodcustom,sa-bfdc,su-thedayofrest :wink: )

anyway - IMHO (as you've probably gathered) it'd be a good thing

wintermute
22-08-03, 07:54 PM
Since there's a few folk on the forum right now, anyone want to test the new CoF CS server?

213.152.59.114:27015

Rob

Sc00by
22-08-03, 07:56 PM
Since there's a few folk on the forum right now, anyone want to test the new CoF CS server?

213.152.59.114:27015

Rob

Drop into #lanarchy on IRC and I'll come with you!

Sc00by
26-08-03, 01:07 AM

Yes, below!

http://cooler.iamyourhost.com/upload/pub/laaag.JPG

Now that's A ping to be scared of :!: