PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated server

Sc00by
22-08-03, 09:36 AM
Is there a downloadable dedicated server for CS?
I know you can get CS to run it's self as a DS, but I've never looked for and thus never come across a seperate CS DS in the style of the BF, UT, etc DSs.

As I'm at work I can't go looking right now, but a link (even if it's off fileplanet) would be lovely!

Thanks in advance :thumbs:

McBain
22-08-03, 09:37 AM
There is no DS for CS...only HL, which you then stick the mod version of CS on. Lookie here -

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/halflife/

Download hlserver4111.exe half way down the page and you're off! :)

Sc00by
23-08-03, 01:05 PM
Cheers McBain. Now for the next question:

PODBot needs a hacked dll to run on a DS right? But POXBot replaces the PODBot dll file, so is the POXBot dll 'hacked' by default?

In other words, is POXBot running OK on your DS or are you getting issues with it?

wintermute
23-08-03, 01:18 PM
Seems to be working fine, not had a thorough playtest yet though.

I've now got HL-stats logging on my laptop too. Will be trying to set it up on one of the servers next...

Rob

wintermute
23-08-03, 02:22 PM
OK, you should be able to access the live stats through http://213.152.59.114:8000/hlstats,but only as long as my laptop's on (it'll be on for a few hours from now anyway). Let me know if it works.

Rob

McBain
23-08-03, 07:13 PM
Doesn't work for me... :(

Sc00by
23-08-03, 08:23 PM
Or me, but I suppose that Rob could've turned his Laptop off by now?

wintermute
23-08-03, 11:17 PM
No, laptop is still on, obviously just not working. I'll try sticking it on a permanent server and set it up properly.

Rob

Sc00by
26-08-03, 01:33 AM
Just in case it helps this is the error message:

Hasbani Web Server Error Report:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Error: 501 Not Implemented

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No RPM for this combination of URL and method

/hlstats/

McBain
26-08-03, 04:09 PM
Wow, starting a DS is so easy now with the funky interface. No need for streams of different Icons for different servers.

Having said that...anyone know if it's still possible to start from a desktop icon, or at least how do add some command line stuff when starting a server? This was useful because we could specify different connection messages for each server and things. Also, bots wont work unless you can tell it about the dll it needs :?

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
26-08-03, 04:12 PM
*coff* hitman *coff*

he set up most of the startup files on our linux box, but starting a DS shouldn't (?) be that different on win....

McBain
26-08-03, 04:18 PM
Hmm, but the Linux box Wint set up allows you to use command lines, the win version doesn't. It runs this new interface. I guess I could uninstall it all, re-install but not patch t0 4.1.1.1b, leave it at 4.1.1.1 and see if the beta bit is the interface...

Sc00by
26-08-03, 04:22 PM
Can't you just use command line options anyway and cut the smart ass interface out of the equation? Though I'm sure you've already tried that?

/me thinks of my normal CS shortcut and how much of a PITFA it's going to be if I can't do that :(

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
26-08-03, 04:50 PM
so the (very nice) new DS interface ignores any command line options it is passed? seems silly