PDA

View Full Version : The Music Topic.

Crippler2032
22-08-03, 11:11 PM
Well i figured a music topic would pop up sooner or later (was looking like later) but i figured i would make one so we can discuss (or take the piss out off) music tastes.

Myself i listen to rock music, bands such as Cold, Foo Figthers, Saliva & Evanescence to name a but a few.

I figure we can use this topic to chat about music, tell everyone else about a great song you just heard etc... you never know it might even get a few posts in it.

Sc00by
22-08-03, 11:16 PM
can we kill the first boy band fan? :!:

I'm with crip, but about a decade earlier...

Crippler2032
22-08-03, 11:24 PM
can we kill the first boy band fan? :!:

I'm with crip, but about a decade earlier...

Yes you can (aslong as you check with Mcbain first, but you got my seal of approval) & theres not much wrong with rock 10years before my time, Classic Metallica for example...

*goes off to listen to Enter Sandman* :mwah:

Psycho Hamster
23-08-03, 12:29 AM
Same sort of shit here, still listen to old school Rock/Metal and some new stuff.

Skavorn
23-08-03, 12:40 AM
I like the stuff Cripps listened to but I like basically everything...only stuff I wont listen to is Rap KILL EMINEM!!!! :bird: :gunner:

Skavorn
23-08-03, 12:40 AM
can anyone recommend anything worth downloading?

Azreal
23-08-03, 01:10 AM
my taste in music is about the same as crips , although I do like the older stuff as well, (I.E metallica, soundgarden, rage against the machine and nirvana)

sonic_dude
23-08-03, 07:31 AM
im like spyhunter i wont listen to rap (yuk!),mostly punk rock (i.e good charlotte)foo fighters ,linkin park,KoRn just a little goth music (maralyn manson) and the murderdolls, i recommend KoRn's new song did my time

Dusted
23-08-03, 04:57 PM
So no one likes Gareth Gates here then? :?:

Jeeeez - I guess I'm the odd one out

......(again).........

Psycho Hamster
23-08-03, 05:07 PM

......(again).........

Wash your mouth out young man! *Spit* :evil:

Skavorn
23-08-03, 06:57 PM

......(again).........
LMAO yes u r....but my sis likes Gareth Gates (but shes 14!) LOL

Yeh cool I mite get some Nirvana off the net tonight I like there sound...did the lead singer die or sumthing?

Psycho Hamster
23-08-03, 07:04 PM

......(again).........
LMAO yes u r....but my sis likes Gareth Gates (but shes 14!) LOL

Yeh cool I mite get some Nirvana off the net tonight I like there sound...did the lead singer die or sumthing?

No he didnt die.........well not until the bullet from the shotgun he had in his mouth went through the back of his head anyway.

Thats one party peace you only do once. :(

McBain
23-08-03, 07:08 PM

We don't discuss that sort of thing on this forum, thank you.

I've been through quite a spectrum of tastes in my time. Started with the Indie scene back in the 80s, The Wonderstuff & Stone Roses (mainly due to Wint listening to them all the time I guess).

Short time listening to Nirvana, Guns & Roses and such before moving on to what I generally listen to know, Swing, RnB, Rap...anything funky with a decent beat.

I think my current favourite track is Justin T & Nelly - Work It. The video is particularly good, full of scantily clad Playboy bunnies :thumbs:

Psycho Hamster
23-08-03, 07:30 PM

We don't discuss that sort of thing on this forum, thank you.

I've been through quite a spectrum of tastes in my time. Started with the Indie scene back in the 80s, The Wonderstuff & Stone Roses (mainly due to Wint listening to them all the time I guess).

Short time listening to Nirvana, Guns & Roses and such before moving on to what I generally listen to know, Swing, RnB, Rap...anything funky with a decent beat.

I think my current favourite track is Justin T & Nelly - Work It. The video is particularly good, full of scantily clad Playboy bunnies :thumbs:

PLease tell me your Joking!!!!! :evil:

Apart from the Playboy bunnie bit of course :D

McBain
23-08-03, 07:50 PM
I have the ability to ignore who the artist is and just listen to the music. Too many people like or dislike music because of who has sung it. To me they are weak minded and insecure.

Sc00by
23-08-03, 08:20 PM
I listen to anything. I really don't like ballads (and that includes Rock ballads) or anything else that's meant to have 'feeling'! But on the other hand there are a lot of 'dance' style tracks that I really do like. Considering that one of my favourte bands all time is called 'Suicidal Tendencies' (a hardcore/metal x over band) you'd be amazed to learn that I REALLY liked sunchime by Dario G! :)
As McBain said it's not about who performs the music so much as being about the music it's self. Even Metallica have written a few stinkers in their time... And I actually quite liked a couple of tracks by 5ive! Scary innit?

[OLSC]LtTomWoolley
23-08-03, 09:48 PM
And I actually quite liked a couple of tracks by 5ive! Scary innit?
I was was with you up till here... :(

McBain
23-08-03, 10:23 PM
Hey, Five are Briktopp's favourite band!

Sc00by
23-08-03, 10:26 PM
:lol:

Nothing else to add...

Crippler2032
23-08-03, 10:28 PM
Hey, Five are Briktopp's favourite band!

And for some strange reason i had been lead to believe that Brikky liked the backstreet boys too... :P

Skavorn
24-08-03, 03:18 AM
well I like The Call by the Backstreet Boys and I used to listen to them waaaaay back when they 1st come out like 999999999 years ago :lol:

SpyHunterUK
24-08-03, 08:22 AM
so according to mcbain & scooby, evry1 whos posted in this topic is weak minded and insecure :)

McBain
24-08-03, 08:25 AM
so according to mcbain & scooby, evry1 whos posted in this topic is weak minded and insecure :)

I don't recall saying that. Please provide quotes.

SpyHunterUK
24-08-03, 08:29 AM
evr1 whos posted has said mostly artists and not music. I have the ability to ignore who the artist is and just listen to the music. Too many people like or dislike music because of who has sung it. To me they are weak minded and insecure.

wintermute
24-08-03, 01:39 PM
evr1 whos posted has said mostly artists and not music.

But none of them have said they like the music because of who's done it, they've said they like music these bands/singers have done.

Rob

Crippler2032
24-08-03, 09:35 PM

But none of them have said they like the music because of who's done it, they've said they like music these bands/singers have done.

Rob

Yup, for example, i listen to some of the music the Red Hot Chilli Peppers have done, however some of their stuff sucks and i dont like it, for some reason atm i am listening to alot of older rock, like 'Smells like Teen Spirit' by Nirvana

Psycho Hamster
24-08-03, 09:54 PM

Rob

Yup, for example, i listen to some of the music the Red Hot Chilli Peppers have done, however some of their stuff sucks and i dont like it, for some reason atm i am listening to alot of older rock, like 'Smells like Teen Spirit' by Nirvana

You keep listening to that one song???

Why not listen to the hole of the Nevermind?

Crippler2032
24-08-03, 09:56 PM
no i'm just giving that one as an example of the sort of thing i am listening to atm :D

Psycho Hamster
24-08-03, 09:57 PM
Well thats ok then.

Next try Pearl Jam, one of my all time fav albums is Ten. :D

Crippler2032
24-08-03, 10:10 PM
Also, i really like a song called 'Found' by a not very well know band called Span.

gotta pimp the new bands whose music i like, just like i did for 4 months before Evanescence released 'Bring me to Life' altho no-one listened to me on that one...

Sc00by
24-08-03, 10:24 PM
/me is enjoying listening to Good Charlotte atm. I might have to go and buy the album (because downloading music is killing the industry! EMI said so! :P )

wintermute
24-08-03, 10:43 PM
(because downloading music is killing the industry! EMI said so! :P )

<irony>
That's right, all over the world teenagers are downloading music and not forming bands, there'll never be any music ever again.
</irony>

Of course, if everyone downloads music instead of buying records it'll be bad for EMI, they won't have enough money to finance the marketing for their next manufactured boy-band...

Rob

Sc00by
24-08-03, 10:48 PM
But serioulsy for a sec. I tend to buy the stuff I really like. To me it's only fair. Somebody somewhere has put time and effort in to something and I feel that if I don't buy the material I'm sort of stealing it.
I know I wouldn't be too happy if I created something and a bunch of spotty teenagers got to use it without paying me for it!
Christ I'm getting old...

The above has been altered!

this is not a place to discuss downloading music it's self, though the ensuing discussion as the the legalities of it is - to my mind at least - fair and reasonable! Any reference to the actual act should be removed from any existing post though. And please refrain from talking about the act of downloading music with any specific reference to youself or anyone you know!

Thank you - the Lanarchy staff.

McBain
24-08-03, 11:00 PM
I feel that if I don't buy the material I'm sort of stealing it.

Did you mean to type the 'sort of' in your statement :lol:

Sc00by
24-08-03, 11:06 PM
I feel that if I don't buy the material I'm sort of stealing it.

Did you mean to type the 'sort of' in your statement :lol:

Sort of :P

Here's one to argue over: Is downloading something that you where never going to buy in a month of Sundays 'stealing'? :?

McBain
24-08-03, 11:12 PM
I would think the courts would say yes, but I do understand what your saying.

I was going to apply the same logic to a Ferrari.... but I don't think I could pull it off... :(

I know court proceedings are beginning in the US, with a couple of students being taken to court. I presume these guys were 'dealers' as it where. I would guess they will generally only be after the folk how download on mass and then sell to others.

I have heard mind you, the the ISPs aren't so willing to divulge info on who was on what IP because they are scared they will be held accountable themselves :?

[OLSC]LtTomWoolley
24-08-03, 11:15 PM
I was going to apply the same logic to a Ferrari.... but I don't think I could pull it off... :(You can download Ferraris?:shock: Cool! 8)

wintermute
24-08-03, 11:18 PM
Here's one to argue over: Is downloading something that you where never going to buy in a month of Sundays 'stealing'? :?

Are you just talking about music here? Things I've downloaded that I never intend to buy include phpBB, mySQL, PHP and Linux, and we wouldn't be on this forum right now if I couldn't do that :)

Since I've got a job and a credit card I've also started paying for various bits of shareware software I've been using for ages.

I've also downloaded a fair few books, but I already own them in paper format.

The music I've downloaded I did own on CD, up until when I got burgled and someone nicked 90% of them, the new stuff I tend not to buy until I've downloaded a few tracks to see if I like it.

Rob

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
25-08-03, 12:13 AM
The Thrills, Muse, Avril Lavigne, Spacehog, Apollo 440, Foo Fighters

top-ish 5-ish CD's I'm currently listening to.

Like most things except RnB, Rap (but I like Eminem) and C&W, oh and Robbie Williams/boyband tat - even though it makes me narrow minded and insecure (or whatever :P )

Azreal
25-08-03, 01:57 AM
I used to like muse, I remember seeing them 5yrs ago supporting R.E.M . Im actually going to see a band called Staind later on tonight at Brixton academy. Im also a big fan of radiohead

Skavorn
25-08-03, 02:51 AM
/me is enjoying listening to Good Charlotte atm. I might have to go and buy the album (because downloading music is killing the industry! EMI said so! :P )

OMG!!!! me 2, I love Good Charlotte my favourite band at the moment. I love I'm Down...but there are so many good, Good Charlotte songs :P

However I like all types of rock apart from Slipknot and Cradle of Filth which is 2 wack 4 me

sonic_dude
25-08-03, 07:24 AM
Papa Smurf]Like most things except RnB, Rap (but I like Eminem)

Eminem ? wash your mouth out :lol: ,
Papa Smurf]The Thrills, Muse, Avril Lavigne, Spacehog, Apollo 440, Foo Fighters
the foo fighters are the best,and the same with muse, there new album absolution is wicked.
has anyone heard linkin parks new album meteora ?

p.s KoRn's new single ownz

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
25-08-03, 09:29 AM
yup - I've got meteora and it's good, if quite similar to hybrid theory.

sonic_dude
25-08-03, 02:47 PM
i still think absolution is 1 of the best albums, i cant stop listenin to it
on meteora i think the best song is 'numb' and on absolution it has to be stockholm syndrome

Azreal
25-08-03, 05:35 PM
I also like the 2nd linkin park album , there song figure:09 is cool. Im a huge Deftones Fan as well as Finch (which im currently listening to now)

HUNTER
25-08-03, 05:44 PM
Are you just talking about music here? Things I've downloaded that I never intend to buy include phpBB, mySQL, PHP and Linux, and we wouldn't be on this forum right now if I couldn't do that :)

Rob

aren't those free anyway?

I mean apart from the odd distro of Linux, like xandros?

wintermute
25-08-03, 05:59 PM
aren't those free anyway?

Good to see you're keeping up Hunter...

Rob

HUNTER
25-08-03, 06:37 PM
I also like the 2nd linkin park album , there song figure:09 is cool. Im a huge Deftones Fan as well as Finch (which im currently listening to now)

i like Linkin Park's 1st and 3d albums and the odd reanimation track.

also like aerosmith, guns 'n roses, meatloaf, eminem and various others

my tastes cover almost everything except garage and the like

Crippler2032
25-08-03, 08:50 PM

i like Linkin Park's 1st and 3d albums and the odd reanimation track.

also like aerosmith, guns 'n roses, meatloaf, eminem and various others

my tastes cover almost everything except garage and the like

i assume you mean Hybrid Theory & Meteora. most people dont count the reanimation cd cause it was just a bunch of remix's, and i think Azreal ment Meteora cause the song he mentions (Figure:09) is on Meteora.

Sc00by
26-08-03, 02:04 AM
Now you see Linkin Park do nothing for me :( Not really sure why, cos all the ingredients are there, but the mix isn't quite right. Fred Durst's mob (wtf are they called?) do the same thing to me too. Rollin' I liked, the rest I didn't.

And the greatest song ever: (Just to start another discussion)

No ******* problem: Suicidal Tendencies :D
well not really, but I liked it so much when I first heard it that I named a company after it! (NFP Ltd which, in theory at least, is still mine :D )

My real favourite track ever is a song called Alone, by the above mentioned ST.
I first heard it when I was 15 and it struck a cord. Still go back to it when I'm feeling a bit 'urgh!'
Now that's longevity! :D

Skavorn
26-08-03, 03:46 AM
I love Linkin Park, theres so many songs of theres I like...but I dunno wot albums there from coz all my songs are from a program starting Ka and ends in 2 a's, oh and theres a z in ther somewhere :P

sonic_dude
31-08-03, 07:06 AM
has anyone heard nickelbacks :rock: new song ? its called someday, its awsum

sonic_dude
04-09-03, 06:18 PM
I know I wouldn't be too happy if I created something and a bunch of spotty teenagers got to use it without paying me for it!

:shock: :cry: not fair on some of us that we have to go thru spots :cry:

Skavorn
05-09-03, 03:39 AM
Well Scoobs i know you like 'Good Charlotte' you should listen to 'Goldfinger there music is almost identical...and they actaully have more decent songs than 'Good Charlotte'

McBain
11-02-05, 05:51 AM
I was just wondering what people are listening to at the moment? I'm got the new Ma$e and Eminem elbums on the go at the moment, with also a few singles like Lemars new one, Snoop Dogg 'Drop it like its hot', Ice Cube 'You can do it' and J Lo 'Get right' :thumbs:

Azreal
11-02-05, 08:22 AM
Im currently listening to Snow Patrols new Album (final straw ) as well as Jay Z and Linkin Parks (collision course) and U2s : how to distmantle an automic Bomb. Singles im listening to are, The Killers : somebody told me, Chemical Brothers : Galvanize, Snoop Dogg ft Pherrell Williams of N.E.R.D 'Drop it like its hot, Sum 41 Pieces and Hoobastanks Dissapear.

Fizz
11-02-05, 08:38 AM
I currently listen to Kasabian, The Killers, Snow Patrol, Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk, Fatboy Slim and my all time favorites Blur and Radioead.

HUNTER
11-02-05, 04:11 PM
i'm listening to the same old stuff but have also introduced myself to Sterophonics and Oasis a bit more now.

McBain
11-02-05, 06:13 PM
U2s : how to distmantle an automic Bomb.
I listened to that, but tbh the only track I liked was the big hit 'Vertigo' :?

Azreal
11-02-05, 06:56 PM
U2s : how to distmantle an automic Bomb.
I listened to that, but tbh the only track I liked was the big hit 'Vertigo' :?actually thats my least fav track on the album , City of Broken Lights is prob my fav track on the album. It reminds me of early 80s U2.

Crippler2032
11-02-05, 07:04 PM
have also introduced myself to Sterophonics and Oasis a bit more now.

Arent you about 10years too late for Oasis? talk about living in your own little world... :P

Myself i've been listening to Lost Prophets recently, abit of Good Charlotte, quite like Remember Me by Hoobastank and Gob and Scoobs have been slowly converting me to some of the older Metallica etc...

Sc00by
11-02-05, 07:13 PM
:rock:

Judas Preist atm, as me, Crip, Gob and S are all off to see them live on the 16th of March, so I'd better refresh the old memory on some of the standards. Can't get there and not be able to sing along ;)

Azreal
11-02-05, 07:28 PM
have also introduced myself to Sterophonics and Oasis a bit more now.

Arent you about 10years too late for Oasis? talk about living in your own little world... :P
have been slowly converting me to some of the older Metallica etc...arnt you about 20yrs too late for that :P

gob
11-02-05, 08:27 PM
Yeah Priest for me too along with some other old stuff - Maiden, Motorhead Twisted Sister etc, plus newer stuff like Iced Earth, Nightwish, Opeth.

Also dug out my old Dr Feelgood albums and now I remember what a great band they were. Ahh old school Rhythm and Blues before the Yanks got hold of it.

Sc00by
11-02-05, 08:35 PM
slowly converting me to some of the older Metallica etc...arnt you about 20yrs too late for that :P
Trouble is that to get it 1st time round he would've been the worlds only moshing toddler... ;)

McBain
24-02-05, 08:26 PM
I've listened to some of 'The Streets - A Grand Dont Come For Free' today, thats the one where it's basically the bloke talking with a bit of a beat going on behind him. I have to say, so far it sounds crap :? The lyrics are generally terrible and there isn't as much of a tune in most the tracks that you might find in a similar rap type track...

I'll keep listening for a while, there are a couple of half decent tracks I guess :?

Azreal
25-02-05, 10:12 AM
I've listened to some of 'The Streets - A Grand Dont Come For Free' today, thats the one where it's basically the bloke talking with a bit of a beat going on behind him. I have to say, so far it sounds crap :? The lyrics are generally terrible and there isn't as much of a tune in most the tracks that you might find in a similar rap type track...

I'll keep listening for a while, there are a couple of half decent tracks I guess :? Mike Skinner of the streets is the perfect example of why rap is so bad today, Id only listen to one white rapper and its not Vanilla Ice.

Sc00by
25-02-05, 11:04 AM
On the subject of rap (note: I'm not against rap in a blanket kind of a way - Snoop and Dr Dre (and a few others) can be pretty good, but I dislike M&M sooooooooooooo much and then) There's this:

Guns don't kill people! Wappers do!

Actually - I do especially if they produce sh1te like that. :?

I vote Goldie Lookin' Chain for '1stupagainst thewall...'

Mincemeat
25-02-05, 12:17 PM
I have various listening moods. One day, it will be Rap, then next some R&B and recently its Jazz.

McBain
25-02-05, 05:19 PM
Mike Skinner of the streets is the perfect example of why rap is so bad today, Id only listen to one white rapper and its not Vanilla Ice.

OMG! :shock: Is it meant to be rap? Jeez, I think I'll just stop listening now then...

It's funny though, Jonny Vaughn on the radio yesterday morning was talking about Vanilla Ice and M&M saying that M&M still hasn't had as big a hit as Vanilla Ice :lol: He wasn't saying he was better, or he prefered him, just that M&M has not had that one stand out track to beat Ice Ice Baby.

[OLSC]LtTomWoolley
25-02-05, 05:28 PM
OMG! :shock: Is it meant to be rap? Jeez, I think I'll just stop listening now then...
Depends on how you define rap I guess. To me, 'rap' is a very broad term, somewhat like 'electric guitar-based music'. :? Anyway, does it matter what it's supposed to be as long as you like it (or not)?

McBain
25-02-05, 05:31 PM
Yeah, but as I said, I didn't really like it but I was trying to give it a chance to grow on me. Thought maybe I was broadening my tastes or something :roll: If it's supposed to be rap then its just really, really bad and I won't bother :?

[OLSC]LtTomWoolley
25-02-05, 05:38 PM
FWIW (which is probably nothing): http://www.rapdict.org/Rap says rap is "rhythmic talklike singing". So by that definition I guess it is, I doubt that they're trying to emulate Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Chuck D etc. though. If someone were to convincingly argue the case for it to be defined some other way, would you give it another chance? I'm in no way trying to persuade you to like it though, I'm just curious :)

McBain
25-02-05, 06:57 PM
Tbh, I think the fact that rap has 'rhythmic' in it's definition perhaps disqualifies the Streets. Rhythmic it aint... some bloke talking with an odd few notes behind him is more accurate... :?

Azreal
25-02-05, 07:06 PM
I kinda like some of Jay Z stuff (esp Big Pimping and 99 problems). I remember one of the 1st cds I owned was a ''DJ jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince'' which was waay before Will Smith got famous and was on the show ''the Fresh Prince of Belair'' what the hell was I thinking :(

McBain
25-02-05, 07:24 PM
Was the album called Code Red? I have that! Quality stuff on there ;)

Azreal
25-02-05, 07:34 PM
yeah I think so, it was pretty cool :), I tried to look it up on play.com but they dont have it. :( not that I was ganna try and order it

wintermute
25-02-05, 09:10 PM
LtTomWoolley]"rhythmic talklike singing"

Hmm, a description which could also be reasonably applied to most poetry before Ezra Pound & TS Eliot and Shakespeare among other things. I also have a Streets album (the first one I think, bought it about 2 years ago?) which I purchased because I saw they'd won awards and were getting critical acclaim. and I figured it was time to 'broaden my tastes' as Andy put it Didn't really appeal to me, I kept getting this urge to fast forward to the good bits, even though it all seemed to sound the same.

Recently I have been listening to Apples in Stereo (http://www.emusic.com/artist/10559/10559352.html), Candypants (http://www.emusic.com/artist/11510/11510206.html), Manda And The Marbles (http://www.emusic.com/artist/11580/11580152.html) and Outrageous Cherry (http://www.emusic.com/artist/10568/10568362.html). It's all 'electric guitar-based music' ;)

Rob

[OLSC]LtTomWoolley
25-02-05, 11:24 PM
The only one of those I've heard of is Apples In Stereo, I think I may even have a copy The Discovery Of A World Inside The Moone around somewhere.

wintermute
21-04-05, 11:00 PM
This month I have mostly been listening to The Chemistry (http://www.emusic.com/album/10853/10853494.html), Sarge (http://www.emusic.com/artist/10555/10555918.html), Cadallaca (http://www.emusic.com/artist/11558/11558150.html) and The Dismemberment Plan (http://www.emusic.com/artist/11583/11583868.html). Oh, and Good Charlotte, but you've probably heard of them... ;)

Rob

Azreal
22-04-05, 07:30 AM
Im currently listening to the New Nine inch nails album ''with teeth'' that got leaked online. this yr in my opinion is going to be a really good yr for music with the following bands all having albums coming out this yr

weezer
Nine inch nails
Deftones
Foo fighters (double cd)
Tool
Finch
system of a down
Garbage
Audioslave
coldplay
evenensence
judas priest

[OLSC]LtTomWoolley
22-04-05, 08:07 AM
Ooo - there's a new Audioslave album is there? :thumbs:

Coldplay though.. blah

Sc00by
22-04-05, 08:27 AM
I've found some really old stuff to listen too - so I'm really happy. ;)
Will be looking out for the new Foos album too.

Azreal
22-04-05, 08:49 AM
the new foos single is on the radio, same goes for the new audioslave single ''be yourself'' (which I like )

Sir Kunmskull
22-04-05, 01:27 PM
must admitt im really looking forward to the new system of a down album

the new weezer stuff sounds good too they have been playing both on radio 1 over the past few days

Azreal
22-04-05, 02:01 PM
Im really looking forward to the new weezer stuff, esp since Rick Rubin is going to be producing the album. Im really pissed off that they are having a concert in London :(

Penguin
22-04-05, 03:57 PM
weezer
Nine inch nails
Deftones
Foo fighters (double cd)
Tool
Finch
system of a down
Garbage
Audioslave
coldplay
evenensence
judas priest

wow. they are all amazing. apart from coldplay ;)

Mincemeat
22-04-05, 04:36 PM
mmmm garbage

Azreal
22-04-05, 05:01 PM
I always had a thing for Shirley Manson of Garbage

gob
22-04-05, 06:00 PM
New Tool album = cool. If it is half as good as Lateralus it will be amazing.

Audioslave are good but I prefered Chris Cornell is Soundgarden. Badmotorfinger and Superunknown are two classics.

The new Judas Priest album, Angel of Retribution is pretty good but tbh not a patch on their early stuff. Still it was good to see them live last month with Mr and Mrs Scoobs and Crippler.

System of a Down are headlining the Sunday at Download this year although the four of us are heading to Reading in August to see the mighty Iron Maiden :rock:

Like Scoobs I am also mostly listening to old stuff such as Queensryche, Maiden, Saxon and the Scorpions. Stick in some Probot (Dave Groel's project from last year), Iced Earth and Avenged Sevenfold and I'm as happy as a pig in shit. :rock:

Azreal
22-04-05, 07:27 PM
Avenged sevenfold are pretty cool, I remember they had a song on Madden , I also saw them in concert when they supported Lostprophets last yr.

gob
24-05-05, 04:35 PM
The new System of a Down album - Mezmerize - is out and amazing. Even heavier and faster than Toxicity but sticking with the catchy singalong melodies. There is even a metal/reggae beat in one song. And an Aerials type slower song to finish. There isn't (yet) a song that sticks out like Chop Sueybut the album plays like one long barrage and is recommended for any System fans - you won't be disappointed. :rock:

Azreal
25-05-05, 01:08 PM
I have to agree, I heard a couple of songs off the new album and I must say it does rock, perhaps I should wast my money on the cd .

Penguin
19-06-05, 06:15 PM
I went to greenday at the MK bowl yesterday. I wasn't looking forward to them playing their new songs (American Idiot album), because I prefer their old stuff. (bought the tickets a month or so before it came out) But they played them so much better than the recorded versions! They were awesome.

It was so amazing!!

They got this little kid up on stage, and then got 3 other people to play with Greenday (and the guitarist got to keep the guitar!). It was amazing!!!!!

Azreal
20-06-05, 12:18 PM
I cant honestly say Ive been a fan of Greenday, I was more into offspring.

helios
20-06-05, 01:13 PM
Cradle OF Filth all the way......

h0b0
20-06-05, 02:46 PM
Kasabian for me thanxs :)

Penguin
20-06-05, 03:42 PM
I really loved Greendays old stuff, but the new stuff I wasn't liking too much.

But even if you aren't a fan of Greenday, you would have found them amazing on Saturday!

Azreal
21-06-05, 01:58 PM
who was the supporting act ? and I kind of like the video for the new single ''wake me up when September ends''