PDA

View Full Version : Valves Portal + TF2 all come with Episode 2

Lestat
19-07-06, 09:34 AM
Alot of people are talking about this it is a free gmae that ships with Episode 2.
Second bombshell: Gabe announced that all versions of Half-Life 2 Episode 2 will ship with a brand new single player game entitled "Portals". Portals is a source based puzzle game, that uses the gravity gun to create "Prey" like portals. A video was shown of Portals (in the vein of a training video for someone joining a powerful corporation in the HL2 universe) explaining the game to the enthralled crowd. The video shows a diagram and explains that as an employee of this company, you may have to find the emergency exit to a certain room. However, there are often obstacles in your way, like a gaping chasm. No problem, because all you need to use is your Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device to create dimensional doorways that let you mess with reality. For example, if there

BaDBoY UK
19-07-06, 10:55 AM
I watched the trailer/in game footage for "portals" this morning - very funny but I can see it getting old. Need enemies so you can make the fall through walls and the ground :thumbs:

Penguin
19-07-06, 11:29 AM
Portal looks fricken awesome! What a mind ****!

DKpine
19-07-06, 02:43 PM
i thought that too badboy, i was talking to my mate about it and told him that i would like to see just a little bit what the plot was...but apperently there isn't one...just puzzles...and more puzzles.

probs not the game for me. TF2 at F****** last. I CAN'T WAIT! even tho its a game with out a plot...

=P

Lestat
19-07-06, 03:36 PM
Yeah but it is free so who cares a great free puzzle game :) nothing to turn your noses up and lets face it someone will mod it putting enemys or multiplayer in.

Crippler2032
19-07-06, 04:01 PM
The Portal Trailer is available for download from steam here (http://storefront.steampowered.com/v2/index.php?area=game&AppId=922&)

McBain
25-08-06, 10:01 PM
Half-Life 2: Episode Two and its three-game entourage - on three platforms - has slipped until Q1 2007. February, we're told. But if you ever really expected to play it this year you were probably kidding yourself anyway

:cry:

Source (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=66973)