PDA

View Full Version : Mouse locking up on CSS

Simon
30-07-06, 10:39 PM
When playing CSS my mouse locks up, started today whilst on a surf map, it's not the mouse as i've tried two different ones... tried messing around with the settings in CSS, no luck there...

Please, somebody, help...

McBain
30-07-06, 11:08 PM
Could we have some details about the mouse itself?

Kbrothers
30-07-06, 11:15 PM
been happening to me recently, i figured it must be my desk or lag in the game as my mouse is fine. I use a mouse mat now which helps. I also turned my sensitivity up on css to almost full, pretty insane but is really good when used to it :D

I know it doesnt explain why it is happening but thats how i've fixed my problems.

Simon
30-07-06, 11:21 PM
Well they're both budget logitech things, but i've tried 2 so i can't see how it's a problem with the mouse... Playing just now i worked out it's not just the mouse, everything locks up, the guy keeps walking forward... I'll try a different keyboard and get back to you.

ArTFuL DoDGeR
30-07-06, 11:30 PM
Happens to me in BF2 when i tried to play it again but i just gave up and went back to CSS i dont think its related to ur problem though, the fact my spec only just meets BF2 is probably why, with the amount of $*1T on my pc aswell.

Stokes

hyperen
30-07-06, 11:31 PM
Hi

A similar sounding thing was happening to me on CSS the other day. Everyone on the screen was still moving including me but I couldn't change direction with mouse or keyboard. This would happen for a few seconds and then return to normal, then come back after a while. I minimized the game and paused the pre loading of Red Orchestra (even though it said it wasn't downloading anyway) and it was fine.

Does it lock up for a few seconds or just permanently?

Simon
30-07-06, 11:34 PM
Just a few seconds... sounds exactly the same as what you had...

It has nothing to do with either the keyboard or mouse... i have tried 2 of each, i will see if the same happens in BF2, if not search steam forums, if unsuccessful, re-install steam

hyperen
31-07-06, 12:38 AM
If you haven't already you could shut down any programs in the background that you don't need to see if they are causing the problem or change the priority of steam to low with Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Simon
31-07-06, 12:48 AM
It happens in BF2 aswell, so i really don't know what's causing it, i can't see how any running applications would cause it, because it only started happening today

Lestat
31-07-06, 07:54 AM
Stokes in BF2 if it just happens in that you just need to delete your profile which is in the games directory under documnet and settings/login name so on.

Any other games it happens in for example steam. delete the driver files for mouse reinstall the logitech ones. If that does not work I woul dreinstall steam as I could find nothing of help really.

Simon
31-07-06, 01:26 PM
But it's not just steam, I'll reinstall the mouse and keyboard, see if that helps

Lestat
31-07-06, 03:01 PM
I take it that is a USB mouse then something is wrong, uninstall mouse reinstall , try different usb port, if none of that works uninstall usb hub and reinstall

Simon
31-07-06, 03:43 PM
I tried a USB and PS/2 mouse, but i re-installed mouse and keyboard and all seems fine... thanks for the help guys