PDA

View Full Version : CoF Server Issues and CS Map Issues

Dusted
25-08-03, 11:06 AM
Guys n Gals -

Having issue at the moment trying to download the MonsterMapPack from the CoF site.

After between 3 - 20 mins a window comes up and says "Connection Lost - the connection to the server was reset." :?: :?:

All other pax ok - just this one. And the second mirror is a 49.5Mb file rather than the Monster 157Mb..........

2nd Ish - have downloaded all the Map pax apart from the Monster Pack, extracted them to the HL Dir and whenever I try to join the CoF Server it can't find say de_village for example and tries to download it.....have checked in W Explorer and its in there! :evil:

Any help would be massively appreciated! Am dying to get on the CS server! :wink:

wintermute
25-08-03, 11:08 AM
Have you confirmed the maps are actually in 'cstrike/maps' and not some other directory?

And for the download problem, maybe try getting a download accelerator that can resume downloads?

Rob

Dusted
25-08-03, 11:12 AM
Can you get a download accelerator for cable?

All maps I think are in cs/maps - although there are a few that are hanging around in the main cs dir..........should I move all the maps from this to cs/maps file?

McBain
25-08-03, 11:19 AM
Are you sure the ones in the main cstrike folder are maps files and not .wads?

Yes, download accelerators work on any connection. Try Download Accelerator (http://www.speedbit.com/DefaultT.asp?) or Getright (http://www.getright.com/). The later is always on PC Zone Cd's I think.

**EDIT**

Also, please post your directory structure that your CS is in (ie D:\Seirra\Half-life\cstrike) and your command line of your CS icon (right click your CS icon and select properties, should look something like - D:\Seirra\Half-Life\hl.exe -game cstrike -console)

Dusted
25-08-03, 11:36 AM
OK - just moved the maps around and connect with a HUGE ping to the CoF server.

This is from my CS Properties - \SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game cstrike

And it seem to work AOK now........thankx for help

Also - am popping into town now, to trade a few games in for AoM - tried the demo over the weekend and will have a blast!

McBain
25-08-03, 11:43 AM
Cool, there are plenty of useful threads (and many full of Skavorns b0ll0x :P ) in our AoM forum that will help you get started.

As for the ping on the CoF server, I'm suprised you even got connected, I'm uploading the monster map pack to my US server and downloading a few encoders and such :)

Dusted
25-08-03, 11:58 AM
As for the ping on the CoF server, I'm suprised you even got connected, I'm uploading the monster map pack to my US server and downloading a few encoders and such :)

So what happened to the Ping then? Was it me and my set up or the server/connection....?

McBain
25-08-03, 12:18 PM
No, it's me download and uploading.

Dusted
25-08-03, 12:31 PM
Ahhh seeen.

Anyhoo - Monsta Pack now ready an raring to go!

Thankx for all assistance.

CS here I come - yee haw!! 8)

Sc00by
26-08-03, 01:31 AM
I was (not long ago) trying to connect to your server and it skipped to cs_nakurski (or something like that) which IIRC is a die hard type map that Rob downloaded recently and which isn't in any of the map pack downloads, so after waiting a reasonable amount of time for it to DL all the bits it then proceeded to STILL not work.
Rob, can you either:
a) post a link to it or
b) remove it from the map cycle on the DS?

Ta

McBain
26-08-03, 08:03 AM

I would prefer he did this, I dunno what it gains making people download a 150meg pack pack and then sticking another one on that no-ones got :roll:

[OLSC]Papa Smurf
26-08-03, 08:05 AM
i've had no joy d/l-ing any of your map-packs - they all come back with "file not found" (files link from lanarchy frontpage)

McBain
26-08-03, 08:11 AM
Hmm, use the CoF Website :arrow: http://www.cofuk.net/files/

I know the second mirror for the Monster Map Pack isn't working at the mo. That might be the one linked on the Lanarchy files page, I'll have a look at them later.

wintermute
26-08-03, 02:04 PM

It's not on the map cycle, it's on the change map vote. Will take it off when I get home.

Rob

McBain
26-08-03, 02:09 PM
It was on when I tried to connect 30 mins ago :(

Worse still, I can't find a download...only for nakatomi_final1.2 or something.

Sc00by
26-08-03, 02:23 PM

It's not on the map cycle, it's on the change map vote. Will take it off when I get home.

So do the Bots vote for the next map then? Cos as I tried to connect to it it had just changed and there were only the 5 bots on the server :huh:

(and as it was 1:30 AM I doubt that a person had actually been on :?: )

And wouldn't it be even easier to just get rid of the next map vote? As it's bloody annoying (and seems to appear just as you're trying to buy stuff to trick you into picking a map! - the cunning devil of a computer that it is :D )

wintermute
26-08-03, 02:28 PM
If you look under the cs maps directory on our shared drive it'll be there.

Rob