PDA

View Full Version : New CSS update

FIDDY
12-08-06, 02:14 PM
There is going to be a new update coming out in about 2 weeks time which will include a remake of de_train and the fixing of a few small bugs. This is the first in a series of updates which will concentrate on the gameplay mostly

Soon, we'll be releasing the first in a series of updates to Counter-Strike: Source which will be focused on moving the core Counter-Strike gameplay forward.

The first update will include an updated version of the map Train, which will feature an HDR lighting pass, some minor layout changes, and a number of small bugfixes.

The second facet of this release will be a completely reworked radar system. There will be a significant change to the aesthetics of the radar, but there are also some fairly significant gameplay ramifications to the new system. One example: when you look directly at an enemy for a long enough time for their name to appear on your screen, everyone on your team will be able to see that enemy in the radar. We're planning on releasing this first update in about two weeks.

helios
12-08-06, 04:49 PM
interesting thing on the radar...

its almost bf2 like, except you just have to look at them long enough. hmmmm

it could actually change game play within matches, as it can show you exactly where instead of having it described to you, which could be benificial.

Faith
12-08-06, 05:12 PM
It would also make people use their radar more effectively :D
I've been wanting this to be on radar a long time so I'm glad someone else thought of it too.

FIDDY
12-08-06, 07:15 PM
Ya i thought that was a good touch. Will save time in matches too with calling

Bob47
12-08-06, 09:35 PM
It would also make people use their radar more effectively :D

You mean people will look at their radar and do less team hurting or even team killing :shock:

Penguin
12-08-06, 09:40 PM
I'm a bit doubtful of the radar update. I want to know more about it before I make a decsion :P

AND WHERE'S THE SRCTV FIX!?!!??!!?!

ArTFuL DoDGeR
13-08-06, 09:58 AM
Whats the point in the radar thing, if u look at an enemy long enough you should have already shot them and they wont be there anymore, rather pointless if you ask me. As soon as you see an enemy you should be shooting at them not waiting for your team to acknowledge that they have seen them on the radar.

Stokes

McBain
13-08-06, 10:12 AM
I guess while your shooting, it will still be IDing them? So, maybe you have a few pops, don't get enough of them, but you do ID them on the radar? It would be good if there was something like BF2 where you press a key to ID them and you see them on your radar for the next 5 seconds or something.

Sharky
13-08-06, 11:46 AM
yeah i keep trying to do that in css now, and instead of spotting (like it does in BF2) all i do is switch to my last weapon! :wall:

Bob47
13-08-06, 02:44 PM
yeah i keep trying to do that in css now, and instead of spotting (like it does in BF2) all i do is switch to my last weapon! :wall:

i used to do that but now i dont spot in BF2 in fear of swapping weapons

Cannon_Fodder
17-08-06, 09:58 AM
the radar thing sounds like it should be interesting, be good when in a bomb situation on d2 when one t is left guarding the bomb but is spotted by a one ct or something.

Lestat
17-08-06, 10:01 AM
frankly the radar thing sounds rubbish, I mean why make it easier. the gameplay is already good.

Faith
25-08-06, 12:55 AM
some screen shots of new train bits and the new radar...

Bombsite B (http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/6807/ss1cj6.png)

Through Area (http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/5184/ss2dy5.png)

Long A (http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/6325/ss3lh8.png)

There are a couple more screenshots on my xfire profile page...

I'm not sure what I think of the new radar...its pretty cool that it shows you the map.....
As far as I can tell when an enemy appears on your radar they dont just disappear once dead....it takes a few seconds to fade like it would if they were still alive.
Train looks pretty cool with HDR and it seems that they've changed quite a few things on the map.

Kona
25-08-06, 01:05 AM
This is what the new update includes;

Counter-Strike: Source Update Released
August 24, 2006, 2:10 pm - Jason Ruymen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates to Counter-Strike: Source have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Counter-Strike: Source

The radar display has been enhanced

>de_train has received a High Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting treatment, as well as some bug fixes and layout tweaks

>The players eye height while crouching now matches their in-game player model eye position more closely

>SourceTV now shows the weapon in first-person view

>SourceTV supports the tv_transmitall command

>Assorted exploit fixes

tbh the new map looks alright but will take time to get used too, it will definatly help in clan matches for sure. However they have compleatly messed up the crouching system, it feels as if you aint crouching but ducked about 3 inches. This will seriously affect my gameplay and others, will take time to get used too. Im liking the new train improvements, some areas of the map have been improved for the better and would be intresting to have a match on there sometime soon.

>SourceTV supports the tv_transmitall command

Can someone explain what this comand does please??

Overall mixed feelings about the new realease, time will tell supose :?

ArTFuL DoDGeR
25-08-06, 10:31 AM
Hmm I have to admit I'm liking the new radar, but the one thing i am not like is the fact that when someone kills someone you cannot see either the killer, or the victims name in the top right hand corner.

It's rather annoying as if i look at someone near my position that might be covering the other direction i cannot see whether it's them who has died when i check their name.

Does anyone else have this problem, or do you know how I can solve it?

Stokes

Penguin
25-08-06, 10:40 AM
Hmm, I don't get that problem :(
Trying deleting your custom HUD if you have one (or at least double check)

Then try (IIRC) mp_deathnoticehistory or somehting similar, check it in't on 0

ArTFuL DoDGeR
25-08-06, 10:44 AM
I used a program you sent me penguin, cant find it, or remember what its called. How would i go about deleting a custom HUD?

Stokes

Jak
25-08-06, 11:25 AM
I like the new radar so far i think its a good move it give css a "intel" element that you would get if you were a real ct.

As for the new crouch view although i havent tested it they say it solves the view for the toher players now so they can only see your eyes if your crouched behind things. Instead og the view of the chest we used to have (if that makes sense)

Sharky
25-08-06, 01:28 PM
i also have the problem stokes has, but as penguin suggests i think it is down to my custom hud. i havent been on today, but i will delete my custom hud, and try in a bit, i will edit this post to let you know what happens :D

@ stokes, if you have a custom hud, just go to the cstrike folder and delete the files the custom hud put in there!

EDIT, deleted my custom hud , and this cleared up the problem!!

again @ stokes. this is because they have made the view from eye level and not chest level.

ArTFuL DoDGeR
25-08-06, 03:31 PM
Also i dont know whether any of you have noticed but when you crouch, you seem to be a bit taller, for example at A crossover on Dust_2 if you look towards B you cant see through the bottom of the door as you could before. :roll:

Stokes

EDIT: @ Sharky I don't seem to have those files, as i used a program to edit my HUD instead of downloading a certain HUD. :wall:

Elmer
25-08-06, 04:33 PM
I've got the same problem as stokes

Penguin
25-08-06, 05:17 PM
Stokes, the files will still be:

resource/clientscheme.res
AND
scripts/ hudanimations.txt/hudlayout.res

Delete/Move and see if it fixes it

McBain
25-08-06, 06:06 PM
Also i dont know whether any of you have noticed but when you crouch, you seem to be a bit taller, for example at A crossover on Dust_2 if you look towards B you cant see through the bottom of the door as you could before. :roll:

Ooh, thats going to effect sniping down the corridor on prodigy then too... no more sitting at the top of the stairs with only your ankles visible.

Sharky
25-08-06, 06:12 PM
poor stokes, oh well delete the whole cstrike folder and copy someoen elses?

elmer? you tried deleting your hud if you had a custom one?

Elmer
25-08-06, 06:18 PM
Yup deleating hudlayout.res got it for me much apreciated Penguin.

poor stokes, oh well delete the whole cstrike folder and copy someoen elses?

elmer? you tried deleting your hud if you had a custom one?

It wasn't a custom one it was just the normal one moved to the bottom middle

FIDDY
25-08-06, 07:22 PM
I want mine in the bottem middle :(

Sharky
25-08-06, 07:44 PM
It wasn't a custom one it was just the normal one moved to the bottom middle

so it was customised to suite your requirements? hence a custom hud

Elmer
25-08-06, 07:59 PM
ahh yup, just was meaning the radar wasn't custom :D

ArTFuL DoDGeR
25-08-06, 09:05 PM
Fixed it now, found the program is used to edit it, opened it when it had the default settings, i clicked save and it worked :)

Thanks for the help anyway guys :D

Ooh, thats going to effect sniping down the corridor on prodigy then too... no more sitting at the top of the stairs with only your ankles visible.

I could never do that anyway :(

Stokes

Jak
25-08-06, 09:36 PM
as for sniping corridor i never liked the view from up there i sit in another place which works well for me

McBain
25-08-06, 09:59 PM
I have 3 different positions, it pays to be in a different position each time they try and come down that corridor. From the top of the stairs you have the largest sniping 'window' though. Or.... 'had' the largest... :(

Camber
25-08-06, 10:16 PM
After a full day of getting used to these problems i have to say, its perfect for publics...

Crouch more realistic height but not much difference to standing (imo).

Radar first hour of playing with it, was terrible and felt like it sploit the game but during matches didnt pay any attendtion to the new fancy radar and got on with it without annoying me.

M4 burst i love it so much now.

Only problem is relearning AK spray when crouch, other than that gd update without drestroying the game 100%

ArTFuL DoDGeR
25-08-06, 11:24 PM
Crouch more realistic height but not much difference to standing (imo).

TBH I dont actually think your height changes, just the view, so it feels like you're taller but your not. Weird. :?

Stokes

Camber
26-08-06, 01:02 AM
Yeah i meant that lol soz :p . Just feels weird crouching in some places and still being able to see over :S

JJJJamie
10-09-06, 05:21 PM
i think the new radar rocks, its perfect for people who dont know their way around maps if they're new to css. It does seem a little BF2 like... the view for couching has changed for an advantage for me becuase on assualt i like to camp windows sometimes and now i can see (while crouching) the top side door and shoot with better accuracy now =]
all in all a good update :D